Southern California Information
No trip to California is complete without a visit to its southern destinations. The glitz of Hollywood combined with the sunny beaches make every visit a new and exciting experience. You can hobnob with the rich and famous along the legendary Rodeo Drive, surf the Pacific in Ocean County and explore the world famous San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. From Legoland to Universal Studios, the choice of theme parks will bring a smile to young and old alike.
- Los Angeles/Hollywood
- Laguna Beach
- Huntington Beach
- San Diego
Southern California Entertainment Venues
Watching your team score, going to a concert, seeing a show or just spending the night laughing couldn't be easier when you visit Southern California.
Southern California Tours
Leave the driving to the pros as you explore all that Southern California has to offer. For the ultimate experience, book a Wine country balloon tour.
Southern California Interactive Fun
Become a fighter pilot, fulfill your Indy 500 dreams or simply take in a round of mini-golf. There's no end to the hands-on fun that Southern California offers.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Explore the magic of ‘Hollywood’ past, present and future. Universal Studios Hollywood has something for everyone. You'll find yourself immersed in Hollywood of the past, present and future. For the little ones, The Adventures of Curious George and Shrek 4-D will bring their favorite characters to life. Thrill seekers will love Revenge of the Mummy the Ride, The Simpsons Ride and Jurassic Park the Ride.
Take the 5 Golden State Freeway North. Exit to the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Continue on the 101 Freeway and exit at Universal Studios Blvd. Turn right on to Universal Studios Blvd. and follow the signs to Universal Studios and our parking areas.
Legoland has quickly become one of the hottest destinations in California. There's fun for the entire family with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Everyone will have a great time, whether it's taking on hilarious challenges in the Fun Town Fire Academy fire truck race, experiencing the excitement of Coastersaurus or digging for fossils at Dino Island. LEGOLAND has action-packed live shows as well as a wonderful choice of restaurants.
Another world awaits you just a 13-minute boat ride from the coast of Southern California. From a lazy day on the beach, shopping in the quaint shops to simply exploring "the island of romance", Catalina Island is a nice get-a way from the hectic pace of Southern California.
Discover why this Grande Dame of the seas is still setting the standard for luxury. You can explore this magnificent ship and be transported back in time as you imagine sailing on this elite vessel.
Take the 405 Freeway north to the 710 Freeway south
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is one of very few that has achieved world-wide fame. You'll discover why this zoo is considered to be among the very best while you explore this 100 acre wonder. With over 3,800 animals representing 800 species and 6,500 varieties of plants, the San Diego Zoo is a "must see."
From Interstate 5 (Los Angeles and Orange County), take the Pershing Drive exit and follow the signs. Exit at Park Blvd. Turn left on Park Blvd. and head north; Zoo entrance is off Park Blvd. at Zoo Place.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
No detail was spared when creating the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It's the perfect accompaniment to a visit to the San Diego Zoo. You'll find yourself in the midst of wild animals that live together as they might in their natural habitats.
From Interstate 5 (Orange County, Los Angeles), take the State Route 78 East exit at Oceanside, proceed east to Interstate 15 South, exit at Via Rancho Parkway and follow the signs to the Park.
- Starbucks at Disneyland's Downtown Disney opens March 10th - A Starbucks Coffee in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will open March 10th near the World of Disney store.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to reopen March 17th - Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will reopen to regular guests on March 17th after a 14-month refurbishment. Annual Passholders can experience the attraction beginning March 13th.
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.