Southern California Information
No trip to California is complete without a visit to its southern destinations. The glitz of Hollywood combined with the sunny beaches make every visit a new and exciting experience. You can hobnob with the rich and famous along the legendary Rodeo Drive, surf the Pacific in Ocean County and explore the world famous San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. From Legoland to Universal Studios, the choice of theme parks will bring a smile to young and old alike.
- Los Angeles/Hollywood
- Laguna Beach
- Huntington Beach
- San Diego
Southern California Entertainment Venues
Watching your team score, going to a concert, seeing a show or just spending the night laughing couldn't be easier when you visit Southern California.
Southern California Tours
Leave the driving to the pros as you explore all that Southern California has to offer. For the ultimate experience, book a Wine country balloon tour.
Southern California Interactive Fun
Become a fighter pilot, fulfill your Indy 500 dreams or simply take in a round of mini-golf. There's no end to the hands-on fun that Southern California offers.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Explore the magic of ‘Hollywood’ past, present and future. Universal Studios Hollywood has something for everyone. You'll find yourself immersed in Hollywood of the past, present and future. For the little ones, The Adventures of Curious George and Shrek 4-D will bring their favorite characters to life. Thrill seekers will love Revenge of the Mummy the Ride, The Simpsons Ride and Jurassic Park the Ride.
Take the 5 Golden State Freeway North. Exit to the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Continue on the 101 Freeway and exit at Universal Studios Blvd. Turn right on to Universal Studios Blvd. and follow the signs to Universal Studios and our parking areas.
Legoland has quickly become one of the hottest destinations in California. There's fun for the entire family with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Everyone will have a great time, whether it's taking on hilarious challenges in the Fun Town Fire Academy fire truck race, experiencing the excitement of Coastersaurus or digging for fossils at Dino Island. LEGOLAND has action-packed live shows as well as a wonderful choice of restaurants.
Another world awaits you just a 13-minute boat ride from the coast of Southern California. From a lazy day on the beach, shopping in the quaint shops to simply exploring "the island of romance", Catalina Island is a nice get-a way from the hectic pace of Southern California.
Discover why this Grande Dame of the seas is still setting the standard for luxury. You can explore this magnificent ship and be transported back in time as you imagine sailing on this elite vessel.
Take the 405 Freeway north to the 710 Freeway south
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is one of very few that has achieved world-wide fame. You'll discover why this zoo is considered to be among the very best while you explore this 100 acre wonder. With over 3,800 animals representing 800 species and 6,500 varieties of plants, the San Diego Zoo is a "must see."
From Interstate 5 (Los Angeles and Orange County), take the Pershing Drive exit and follow the signs. Exit at Park Blvd. Turn left on Park Blvd. and head north; Zoo entrance is off Park Blvd. at Zoo Place.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
No detail was spared when creating the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It's the perfect accompaniment to a visit to the San Diego Zoo. You'll find yourself in the midst of wild animals that live together as they might in their natural habitats.
From Interstate 5 (Orange County, Los Angeles), take the State Route 78 East exit at Oceanside, proceed east to Interstate 15 South, exit at Via Rancho Parkway and follow the signs to the Park.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.
- New packet policy at runDisney events
RunDisney has changed their policy and will require runners to pick up their own packets and bibs.