Southern California Entertainment
They don't call California the "Entertainment Capital of the World" for nothing. Not only is it the home of major movie and television studios, there are all sorts of venues where you can take in a show, game, concert or play. From legendary comedy clubs to stadiums to theaters, there's bound to be something going on during your vacation.
Who doesn't enjoy an evening filled with laughs? Keep in mind that these clubs feature entertainment geared to adults. You may want to have the little ones spend the time at a Disney Childcare Center such as Pinocchio's Workshop located in the Grand Californian Hotel:
Include dinner in your show package for the following clubs and you'll get priority seating:
- Brea Improv Club
- Hollywood California Improv
- Irvine Comedy Club
Located at the Irvine Spectrum, a popular entertainment and shopping center
Broadway isn't the only destination where you'll find wonderful live shows to enjoy. There are a number of fantastic theaters in Southern California offering the best in entertainment. For a change of pace during your Disney vacation, check the schedules to see if you can treat yourself to a memorable evening:
LOS ANGELES AREA:
- Ahmanson Theater
- Broadway L.A.
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- El Capitan Theater
The El Capitan is owned by Disney and features their shows and movies. This restored theater is worth the trip just to see the amazing architecture. Right next door is Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store.
- Hollywood Bowl
- The Shrine Auditorium
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Wiltern Theater
- Wilshire Theater
ORANGE COUNTY AREA
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts
- Fullerton Civic Light Opera
- The Grove of Anaheim
- The Laguna Playhouse
- The OC Pavilion
- Orange County Performing Arts Center
- South Coast Repertory Theater
Have a sports fan in your midst? Catch a baseball, football or hockey game during your vacation. If a finicky teen is along, you might be able to score some great concert tickets. For a one of a kind experience, sit under the stars and take in a great show at a amphitheatre.
- Starbucks at Disneyland's Downtown Disney opens March 10th - A Starbucks Coffee in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will open March 10th near the World of Disney store.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to reopen March 17th - Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will reopen to regular guests on March 17th after a 14-month refurbishment. Annual Passholders can experience the attraction beginning March 13th.
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.