Southern California Entertainment
They don't call California the "Entertainment Capital of the World" for nothing. Not only is it the home of major movie and television studios, there are all sorts of venues where you can take in a show, game, concert or play. From legendary comedy clubs to stadiums to theaters, there's bound to be something going on during your vacation.
Who doesn't enjoy an evening filled with laughs? Keep in mind that these clubs feature entertainment geared to adults. You may want to have the little ones spend the time at a Disney Childcare Center such as Pinocchio's Workshop located in the Grand Californian Hotel:
Include dinner in your show package for the following clubs and you'll get priority seating:
- Brea Improv Club
- Hollywood California Improv
- Irvine Comedy Club
Located at the Irvine Spectrum, a popular entertainment and shopping center
Broadway isn't the only destination where you'll find wonderful live shows to enjoy. There are a number of fantastic theaters in Southern California offering the best in entertainment. For a change of pace during your Disney vacation, check the schedules to see if you can treat yourself to a memorable evening:
LOS ANGELES AREA:
- Ahmanson Theater
- Broadway L.A.
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- El Capitan Theater
The El Capitan is owned by Disney and features their shows and movies. This restored theater is worth the trip just to see the amazing architecture. Right next door is Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store.
- Hollywood Bowl
- The Shrine Auditorium
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Wiltern Theater
- Wilshire Theater
ORANGE COUNTY AREA
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts
- Fullerton Civic Light Opera
- The Grove of Anaheim
- The Laguna Playhouse
- The OC Pavilion
- Orange County Performing Arts Center
- South Coast Repertory Theater
Have a sports fan in your midst? Catch a baseball, football or hockey game during your vacation. If a finicky teen is along, you might be able to score some great concert tickets. For a one of a kind experience, sit under the stars and take in a great show at a amphitheatre.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats now feature Arendelle - The Storybook Land Canal Boats in Disneyland Park now feature Frozen's kingdom of Arendelle and Elsa's Castle.
- Do You Remember the First Time? - I still have very clear memories about my first visit all those years ago. It was 1980, and even though I only spent two days in the Magic Kingdom, as that was the only park to visit, something about the experience clearly resonated deeply with me.
- Aulani plans Christmas festivities - There will be seasonal crafts, movie nights, Christmas dinner and a Holiday Starlit Hui.
- Traveling With Kids Part 1 - Boredom - In this article, Iíll specifically talk about Boredom and some ways to keep the kids entertained while you travel.
- What to Expect When You're Expecting... at Disney - There are many reasons a woman might find herself on a Disney parks vacation while pregnant. Maybe an older child is celebrating a big birthday. Maybe itís a family reunion. Maybe this trip was planned well in advance and now youíre facing it with a happy bundle of joy on the way.
- Blog - Frozen Welcomes the Hour of Code
- Frozen Fun coming to Disney California Adventure - Frozen Fun comes to Hollywood Land beginning (officially) January 7th, including a sing-along, meet and greet, and a new nighttime party.
- Beau Bridges to narrate Disneyland's Candlelight Processional - Actor Beau Bridges has confirmed via his Twitter account that he will be narrating the annual Candlelight Processional at Disneyland Park.
- Blog - "Grand New" Gingerbread House at Disneyland's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- Top 5 Dining Experiences at the Disneyland Resort - Here are what I feel (at this particular moment) are the top dining experiences at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - SpringHill Suites
- Blog - Christmas at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.