Southern California Entertainment
They don't call California the "Entertainment Capital of the World" for nothing. Not only is it the home of major movie and television studios, there are all sorts of venues where you can take in a show, game, concert or play. From legendary comedy clubs to stadiums to theaters, there's bound to be something going on during your vacation.
Who doesn't enjoy an evening filled with laughs? Keep in mind that these clubs feature entertainment geared to adults. You may want to have the little ones spend the time at a Disney Childcare Center such as Pinocchio's Workshop located in the Grand Californian Hotel:
Include dinner in your show package for the following clubs and you'll get priority seating:
- Brea Improv Club
- Hollywood California Improv
- Irvine Comedy Club
Located at the Irvine Spectrum, a popular entertainment and shopping center
Broadway isn't the only destination where you'll find wonderful live shows to enjoy. There are a number of fantastic theaters in Southern California offering the best in entertainment. For a change of pace during your Disney vacation, check the schedules to see if you can treat yourself to a memorable evening:
LOS ANGELES AREA:
- Ahmanson Theater
- Broadway L.A.
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- El Capitan Theater
The El Capitan is owned by Disney and features their shows and movies. This restored theater is worth the trip just to see the amazing architecture. Right next door is Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store.
- Hollywood Bowl
- The Shrine Auditorium
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Wiltern Theater
- Wilshire Theater
ORANGE COUNTY AREA
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts
- Fullerton Civic Light Opera
- The Grove of Anaheim
- The Laguna Playhouse
- The OC Pavilion
- Orange County Performing Arts Center
- South Coast Repertory Theater
Have a sports fan in your midst? Catch a baseball, football or hockey game during your vacation. If a finicky teen is along, you might be able to score some great concert tickets. For a one of a kind experience, sit under the stars and take in a great show at a amphitheatre.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.