Downtown Disney - West Side
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
Operating hours for the common areas at Downtown West Side are 8:00 am - 2:00 am. This includes all Downtown Disney promenades, walkways, rest rooms and green spaces.
Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney remodel:
- Valet parking is available at the Marketplace from 10:00am-1:00am and at West Side from 2:30pm-2:00am. Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the
valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your
car. You will pay when you leave.
- 0-2 hours: $10
- 2-3 hours: $15
- 3+ hours: $20
- From Bonnet Creek Parkway to Hotel Plaza Boulevard, speed on Buena Vista Drive will be reduced to 35 mph. There may also be a reduction in the number of lanes available. Buena Vista Drive is being expanded to 10 lanes. These will include dedicated bus lanes and two pedestrian bridges.
- Entrances 2 and 5 will be the only entrances available - across from Typhoon Lagoon and the Hess Station.
- Entrance 1 is closed for inbound traffic. For access to the Marketplace, you'll need to use Entrance 2. Entrance 3 and 4 are closed. Ring Road is closed from Planet Hollywood to DisneyQuest. The taxi service that used to be located near Planet Hollywood has been relocated to a section of the parking lot in front of Raglan Road Restaurant.
- Parking lots H, I, J and K are closed. During busy times, the Team Disney parking lot will be open and a shuttle will be provided to Downtown Disney. A parking garage is being constructed in place of the exisiting lots.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and DisneyQuest will be closed from 10/21/13 until Fall 2014.
- Use Exit 67 from I-4
Boat transportation is offered daily from 10:30am-11:30pm.
- Red route - water taxi stops at the West Side Dock, Pleasure Island doc, and Marketplace dock
- Yellow route - Sassagoula River Cruise goes to and from Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside.
- Green route - services the West Side to and from Old Key West.
- Blue route - services the West Side to and from Saratoga Springs Resort
- Downtown Disney West Side Map
- Downtown Disney West Side Dining
- Downtown Disney West Side Entertainment
- Downtown Disney West Side Attractions
- Downtown Disney West Side Shopping
Co-owned by legendary singer Gloria Estefan, Bongo's offers a taste of authentic Cuban cuisine in a wonderful atmosphere.
Crossroads at House
The menu boasts a wide variety of American, as well as international foods from celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez. The Gospel Brunch held here on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays is NOT to be missed.
The Smokehouse at House of Blues is a quick-service BBQ restaurant. Guests can order their food at a walk-up window and seating is available in the outdoor patio area shared with the main restaurant. Live music is featured on the venue's stage, so the patio is the perfect place to enjoy the entertainment. Menu items include Pulled Pork or Chicken Sandwiches, Smoked Turkey Legs, Smoked Beef Brisket Sandwiches, St. Louis Ribs, Hot Dogs, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Chips and Desserts. Beer, Wine, Cocktails, and soft drinks are available.
Forty Thirst Street
Get your coffee fix with fresh brewed coffee products by Joffrey's Coffee. Frozen drinks, tea and cocoa are also available.
More famous for its owners than its food is Planet Hollywood, just outside of Pleasure Island. Standard fare is served (burgers, BBQ ribs, steak, chicken, pasta). Consistently rated one of the worst restaurants on Disney property. This restaurant is a classic example of an organization thinking their name means more than the quality of food they serve.
Starbucks Now Open
This 4,000 square ft. space is open from 10:00am-midnight. Inside seating is available, as well as a covered patio with fireplace and view of the water. Designed by architect David Daniels, the space uses reclaimed hardwood and features a living lemongrass roof and a moss mural. An interesting addition to the space is an interactive touch screen "chalkboard" that is connected to the Starbucks at Disneyland. When activated, guests will be able to see what is drawn on the board on the other coast.
The menu features the regular Starbucks drinks, bakery items, salads, sandwiches and packaged coffee. Starbucks Reserve Coffee, designated as some of the best in the world, is available at a special counter.
Offers 7 varieties of hand-rolled pretzels in addition to ice cream, lemonade and Coke products.
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Legendary chef and Spago founder, Wolfgang Puck brings his renowned culinary talents to Downtown Disney. Overpriced mediocre food and pretentious service make for a bad experience.
If you don't feel like sitting down for a long dinner of lunch, stop in Wolfgang Puck Express located next to
Cirque du Soliel - La Nouba
Cirque du Soleil is a theatrical performance unlike anything you have experienced before. Clearly the best live entertainment venue in Orlando. Cirque du Soleil is not a traditional circus as the name implies. At Cirque du Soleil, you will not find any animals in the cast. Unlike other circuses, there are no dancing bears, lions leaping through hoops or elephants doing tricks. Rather, Cirque du Soleil is a completely immersive combination of circus and theatrical presentation combining elements of modern dance, staging, humor and acrobatic stunts.
An Indoor Interactive Theme Park. More than an arcade, this enjoyable experience blends the best of the Disney theme parks with state of the art technology to achieve an amazing family experience. This is a must see, especially if you have kids and teens in your party. More Info...
Crossroads at House
The House of Blues at Downtown Disney is a great concert venue for some of today's popular bands. Find concert tickets, tour dates and event information at House of Blues Orlando.
24 screens and
5,400 seats (all stadium style) make this theatre
one of the largest in Central Florida. Six of the auditoriums are "dine-in" theatres with full service dining and drinks. The "Fork & Screen Theaters" have reserved seating, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and a menu featuring quesadillas, burgers, flatbread pizzas, grilled sandwiches, house specialties, appetizers and desserts. In addition, so as to minimize distractions to other patrons, moviegoers are able to press a call-button that alerts their server. Depending on the day and time, the dine-in experience costs between $6 and $13, plus the cost of food, which is between $6.59 - 8.99 for appetizers and $8.59 - 11.99 for entrees.
For those who may want to eat before watching their movie, MacGuffins Bar and Lounge is also available inside the AMC Downtown Disney 24 and offers the full menu of drinks and food choices available to those in a dine-in theatre.
Splitsville is located at Downtown Disney's West Side in the old Virgin Megastore building. Splitsville is not your typical bowling alley. The 45,000 square foot venue features 30 lanes spread over two floors, as well as billiards, music and live entertainment. Patrons can get a full meal delivered right to them while they bowl; hand-tossed pizza, fresh-rolled sushi, filet sliders and more are available without ever having to leave the bowling floor. A balcony offers outdoor seating. In addition to daytime hours, Splitsville offers a new option for nighttime entertainment at the popular Downtown Disney area. On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the second floor will be reserved for guests ages 21 and up who arrive after 10:30 p.m. Prices range from $15-$20 per person for an hour reservation, plus the cost of shoe rental ($4 per person).
- Sunday - 10:00am - 12:30am
- Mon-Wed - 10:30am - 12:30am
- Thurs and Fri - 10:30am - 2:00am
- Saturday - 10:00am - 2:00am
- Monday - Friday
- 10:00am - 4:00pm - $15/person
- 4pm - close - $20/person
- Saturday - Sunday
- $20/person all day
- 1-3 people - 1 hour
- 4 people - 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 5 people - 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 6-8 people - 1 hour and 45 minutes
Priority Bowling allows your group to receive the next available lane upon check-in. Maximum 8 bowlers per lane. Groups requesting 2 Priority Bowling Lanes may have a longer wait. Pricing includes bowling, shoes are $4 per person.
- 10:00am - 4:00pm - $80 per hour
- 4:00pm - close - $125 per hour
Premier Lane Reservations
Need more than 2 lanes? Splitsville can accommodate large groups, corporate events and private parties. Food/beverage package purchase is required.
Email KingPin@splitsvillelanes.com at least 24 hours in advance.
Discount: Trips in the balloon before 10:00 am are just $10. Normal adult prices are $18.
Located next to the bridge near Planet Hollywood, this balloon ride provides guests with a bird's eye view of Downtown Disney and a 360-degree view of up to 10 miles. This 6 minute trip lifts up to 30 guests at a time 400 feet in the air.
The cost is $18 for adults and $12 for children (3-9). Operating hours are 8:30 am - 12:00 am daily, weather permitting.
Cirque du Soleil Boutique
Curl by Sammy Duvall - High end Surf Shop which features a selection of trendy surf themed clothing and accessories, watersport gear, shoes and eyewear. The shop is located next to Splitsville Bowling Alley. Hours are 10:30am - 11:00 pm on Sunday through Thursday and 10:30am - midnight Friday and Saturday.
This store has an industrial feel to it and offers a mix of products for men and women.There are pop culture items, apparel, artwork, handbags, accessories, jewelry. There is also a Create Your Own Vinylmation table and you can participate in Vinylmation trading. The store showcases local artists.
D Street photos
Disney Quest Emporium
Like Disney is fond of doing, you have to walk through here to exit the building. On your way through, shop for DisneyQuest souvenirs, such as hats, toys, shirts and candy.
This athletic footwear store helps runners find their perfect pair of athletic shoes by using a complimentary video-taped gait analysis and an iStep barametric screening. Once you pick a pair, you can test them out on the indoor track to make sure they're exactly what you're looking for. The store also features many events, clinics and new product introductions. It is located across from House of Blues next to Curl.
House of Blues Company Store
Sosa Family Cigars
Sunglass Icon by Sunglass Hut
United World Soccer Shop - open through the end of the World Cup Soccer Tournament (mid- to end of June)
In the space vacated by the departure of BLINK by Wet Seal, this temporary pop-up store will offer soccer apparel and other gear.
Festival of the Masters
(November) This art festival is centered at Downtown Disney Westside, and features the works of some of today's top artists. Artwork mediums such as photography, glass work, paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, jewelry, leather & wood, mixed media and collage, and Digital art are displayed. At the Marketplace, amazing chalk artists create masterpieces on the sidewalks.
Click Here for more Upcoming Disney Events.
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00 PM
10:00 - 5:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW