July 4th at Walt Disney World - 2014 times and events not yet released
NOTE: Unless noted, all fireworks displays and parades
will operate on their normal schedules.
This year, the fireworks spectacular takes place every night July 1-7! Fireworks will be at 10:00, except for the 3rd and 4th, when they will be presented at 9:00pm.
You'll be seeing red, white and blue all over the park, from Cinderella Castle to special-edition merchandise including U.S.A. shirts, ear hats and much more. A patriotic pre-parade will feature Goofy, Donald and Pluto and take place before the daily Celebrate a Dream Come True parade. Also taking part in the pre-parade will be the Main Street Philharmonic, Citizens of Main Street and a historic horse-drawn calliope.
- July 3rd, 2013
9:00 pm - "Celebrate America - A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky" Fireworks
- July 4th, 2013
9:00 pm - "Celebrate America - A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky" Fireworks
July 4th, 2013
6:00 pm - Rockin' 4th of July Celebration! Be at the Sorcerer Hat at 6:00 as a DJ gets the party started! At 7, 8, 9 and 10pm, Mulch, Sweat & Shears will rock the stage!
10:15 pm - Fireworks with a rock n' roll soundtrack
July 4th, 2013
From 11:30 am - 2:30 pm and from 3:30 - 6:00pm, Betsy Ross, Ben Franklin and Disney characters in their patriotic costumes will appear on the promenade near The American Adventure.
12:30, 1:45, 3:00pm - Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert (features an expanded cast performing a patriotic salute, including the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney characters) - on the America Gardens Theatre stage.
4:15 and 5:00pm - Voices of Liberty inside the American Adventure Rotunda
5:15, 6:30, 7:45, 9:00 pm - Slippery When Wet performs at the Sounds Like Summer concert series
10:00 pm - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will feature The Heartbeat of Freedom, a 5-minute patriotic fireworks finale.
There are no special events planned at Animal Kingdom.
There will be no fireworks at Downtown Disney.
***Please note these days are some of the busiest of the year. If you are visiting a theme park during this holiday, you should arrive early and expect to stay for the remainder of the day.
Historically, the parks do reach capacity and guests will no longer be able to enter once this occurs. Having a dining reservation will not get you into the park once it is closed.
If you are staying at a Disney Resort, you are guaranteed entry to a theme park, but not necessarily the one of your choosing. Again, get to the park early and plan on making a full day of it.
Celebration Town Center
Celebration Town Center’s World Famous 4th of July event joins forces with MegaCon to bring the first ever “A Sci-Fi 4th of July” to Central Florida.
Celebration Town Center’s “A Sci-Fi 4th of July” will feature a movie themed costume contest at 7:30 PM, so come dressed as your favorite character for a chance to win big prizes. It will also feature a synchronized fireworks spectacular set to a Sci-Fi themed soundtrack, bounce houses for kids, live music by Oliver’s Queen, Jordyn Kane, DJ Tami, Gina Marie Incandela and an unforgettable tribute to our Veterans. So, get ready to dance the night away in a one of a kind, family-friendly event with a fireworks show you will be talking about for years.
There will be something for people of all ages as Town Center’s KidZone will feature an assortment of inflatable games for kids and teens that will include a jousting area, bounce houses, face painting and more.
Additional music will be offered by The Dixieland Jazz Band. This unique group, made up of former members of the “Rosie O’Grady’s Good Time Band” will offer patriotic music for the whole family to enjoy. Sponsored in part by MegaCon, Melia Suites Hotel, The Celebration Town Tavern, Celebration Sanitation, Axis Magazine, The Orlando Sentinel and Sam Adams, this event will be “the can’t miss place to be” this July 4th.
Parking and Admission are FREE!!!!
Free Park and Ride Shuttle will be available from 215 Celebration Place. Come early, stay late, and have fun at this year’s “A Sci-Fi 4th of July”.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom