|Map of Epcot||Future World||World Showcase|
Epcot, the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, opened in 1982. It was conceived by Walt Disney to "take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry."
For many years Epcot was considered an 'adult' park. They worked hard to overcome this reputation and most have discovered that kids can have a blast visiting Epcot, including the 'boring' countries.
One of the best things they did was to introduce 'Kidcot' stations in World Showcase. Kids can create a free (yes, you read that right) souvenir to take home with them. The more spots they visit, the more they can add to their one of a kind creation. Additionally, you'll find Disney characters associated with each country hosting meet and greets.
Epcot consists of two themed areas, Future World and World Showcase. Future World features attractions that focus on energy, communication, the land and our environment, the ocean, imagination, transportation and space exploration.
Earth" located inside the iconic "golf ball" traces the history of communication. The "Universe
of Energy" features Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Nye the Science Guy heading back to prehistoric
times to find the origin of energy.
Over at "The Land" Epcot's most popular ride "Soarin'" is found. Timon, Pumba and Simba are your hosts at the "Circle of Life" film and the "Living With The Land" boat ride takes you on a tour of greenhouses and fish-production.
The "Seas with Nemo and Friends " is a fun filled trip into the underwater world of Nemo. The action centers around the 5.7 million gallon aquarium that is home to thousands of fish including sharks, sea turtles and dolphins. This pavilion features all of the characters from "Finding Nemo". You can ride on "Clam-Mobiles", have fun with the hands-on activities, and you don't want to miss "Turtle Talk with Crush".
At "Imagination!" you can take a fun-filled look at the senses on your "Journey Into Imagination With Figment". It's rarely crowded and is a perfect ride for the days when the park is busy and you need a break.
"Test Track" takes you on an unforgettable ride. Riders get to design their own custom concept vehicle, then test it out on the track in a six-passenger SimCar. This is a great attraction but it does have a well deserved reputation for intermittent delays.
"Mission Space" simulates a realistic launch into space as you and your crew pilot your capsule to Mars. There are two versions so choose wisely. If you have the slightest inclination towards motion sickness, pick the tamer option.
Innoventions is a "mish-mosh" of sorts with different hands-on activities featuring the latest technology. There are two locations "East and West" and you'll often find that they aren't very crowded.
Centered around a beautiful reflective lagoon is Epcot's "World Showcase". Each country features entertainment, dining and shopping unique to their culture. This is also where the 'boring' part for kids kicks in. Take advantage of the kidcot stops and think twice about some of the movies at several of the countries. If your little guy balks after one of them, they don't get better at the others. All isn't lost, in Mexico and Norway there are boat rides that kids will definitely like and most everyone enjoys the 'street' performers scheduled throughout the day.
Every evening Epcot presents "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth". This is well worth waiting for and is the perfect way to end your day.
One of the absolute best features of this park is how wide open and expansive it is. If you're feeling hemmed in at the other theme parks, hop on a boat, bus or monorail and get yourself to Epcot.
- Visit our DIScussion Forums - The Largest Disney community on the net!!
Epcot World Showcase
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
Epcot Future World
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios