|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
The Seas with Nemo and Friends Overview
Opened: January 24, 2007
Ride length: 4 minutes
As you approach "The Seas with Nemo and Friends," an oversized "reef" offers a great photo op. Nemo himself makes personal appearances and you may find that some of that coral is anything but stationary. You can hear "Mine, Mine, Mine" from a few of those pesky seagulls while entering. Mr. Ray, Bruce and Crush are among the featured characters that grace the entryway.
This attraction revolves around one of the largest saltwater aquariums in the world which was developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in consultation with some of the world's foremost oceanographic experts. With the focus on the "Finding Nemo" movie, there's a ride, terrific displays and interactive activities for all to enjoy.
This aquarium features over two hundred species of sea life including
dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, gliding rays and a 500 lb. Grouper, as
well as a rainbow of multi-colored tropical fish. The tank is 200 feet in
diameter, is 27 feet deep and the glass is 8 inches thick.
When you enter the building, the queue begins with a seashore setting that transitions to an underwater theme. With the use of special lighting it appears as if you're under the sea. Details include an overhead boat.
Once guests reach the boarding area, they're transported by "Clam-Mobiles", and join Mr. Ray on a field trip. As you can expect, Nemo goes missing and the pursuit begins.
Animation and puppetry combine to make this a fun filled trip into Nemo's world. You'll join Marlin and Dory as they go in pursuit of everyone's favorite clownfish. Through the use of amazing technology, it seems as if the stars from "Finding Nemo" are inside the 5.7 million gallon aquarium for the final sequences.
The musical finale features Nemo being reunited with his Dad and friends. All of the characters from "Finding Nemo" sing "Big Blue World" as they say goodbye. This attraction is not to be missed.
FUN FACT: This pavilion houses the second largest salt water tank in the world (5.7 million gallons). The tank is so large that it could hold the diameter of Spaceship Earth!
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests must be able to transfer from their wheelchairs/ECVs. Audio descriptions and handheld captioning are available.
After the ride, you're free to explore the rest of the pavilion as much as you want. For guests wishing to interact with the aquarium inhabitants, there are tours that you can schedule.
If you're looking for Nemo themed merchandise, this is the place to find it. T-shirts, plush, keychains, toys, you name it, they have it here.
This pavilion is also home to the Turtle Talk with Crush attraction.
"Bruce's Shark World" is another take on the Nemo theme. It's a new, fun way to learn more about sharks. If you like, you can take your photo either next to or in the mouth of Bruce.
You definitely get the feeling that you're in an underwater wreck. Kids really enjoy exploring this area, and the adults are certainly welcome to do some "fishing" of their own.
It's "totally awesome dude!"
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios