Epcot World Showcase - Mexico
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
A pre-Colombian pyramid surrounded by lush landscaping fashioned after a Yucatan jungle is your first introduction to the Mexican pavilion. As you enter the Plaza de Los Amigos, you first notice the darkened interior. It's always twilight in Mexico, the perfect backdrop for the smoking volcano and the grand Mayan pyramid in the background. There are colorful carts and shops offering Mexican
jewelry, Kahlua, pottery, clothing and leather goods. There's often a strolling mariachi band making this visit an authentic taste of Mexico.
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
This attraction replaces "El Rio Del Tiempo." It features Donald Duck, Jose Carioca and Panchito from Disney's 1944 animated film "The Three Caballeros."
The storyline has Donald disappearing enroute to the Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City. His friends Jose and Panchito go off in search of their missing pal.
La Hacienda de San Angel is one of the table service dining options in Epcot. This 12,000 sq. ft. restaurant at the Mexico Pavilion has 250 seats offering authentic Mexican cuisine with a stunning view of the World Showcase Lagoon.
Regional Mexican dishes featuring beef, chicken and seafood served in traditional Mexican sauces and spices are served for both lunch and dinner at the San Angel Inn Restaurant. In accordance with the twilight scene of the plaza, the restaurant that overlooks the plaza and the boat ride is very dark and romantic with lanterns on the tables providing the light.
For lighter fare, La Cantina de San Angel, outside across the pathway serves such Mexican favorites as tacos, churros, tostados, Mexican beer and margaritas in the outdoor café.
La Cava del Tequila- taste authentic Mexican tequila and learn about its history and traditions.
Tastings are held Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays at 3:00 PM. Cost is $35.00 per person plus tax. Gratuity is included.
Guests may walk through the "Art of Mexico" to view the many authentic artifacts and national treasures of their homeland. The Plaza de Los Amigos offers some authentic Mexican souvenirs and treasures. In the Artesanias La Familia Fashions you'll find casual Mexican styled clothing and jewelry for women and children. Souvenirs and gifts from Northern Mexico are found in El Ranchito del Norte. Vendor's carts offer home décor gifts, silver jewelry and other Mexican souvenirs such as sombreros, piñatas, pottery and worry dolls. All areas of Mexico are wheelchair accessible.
Duck, clad in the traditional Mexican sombrero and
serape, can often be seen here signing autographs.
Donald is not often seen in the parks, and is usually
easily accessible when signing autographs in Mexico.
To say “hello” in Spanish, say “hola” (OH-lah). Kids love greeting the Cast Members in their native language.
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios