Epcot World Showcase - Germany
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
A fountain with a statue of St. George slaying a dragon, is the centerpiece of the cobblestoned German platz (plaza) in the World Showcase's Germany. The architecture reflects a diverse cross section of German regions, from the replica of the medieval castle to the fairy tale Bavarian style buildings. The clock tower features a glockenspiel that chimes a special melody on the hour. A miniature German village houses three model trains much to the guests' delight.
Traditional German food served in an Oktoberfest-style atmosphere, is found in the Biergarten. Open for lunch and dinner, the all-you-can-eat buffet contains assorted sausages, rotisserie chicken, child's Frankfurters, assorted salads, breads, red cabbage, wine kraut, potatoes and spatzle. Desserts include apple strudel and German-style cheesecake. The dinner buffet also includes smoked pork loin and sauerbraten, in addition to those items previously mentioned. Guests are seated at long communal tables and as they enjoy the hearty cuisine, are treated to traditional German entertainment. Folk dancing, yodelling and folk music amuse and delight visitors here.
The Sommerfest is a counter service restaurant
that serves bratwurst and frankfurter sandwiches, sauerkraut,
soft pretzels and apple strudel.
While there is no ride or attraction in the Germany pavilion, shoppers will enjoy the wide variety of quaint shops. Der Teddy bar is a toy shop with Steiff stuffed animals, Engel Puppen dolls, Medieval themed toys, finger puppet theaters, and of course, teddy bears. In the Volkskunst, you'll find beer steins of all sizes, including an Epcot limited edition stein. This shop is also where you will find felt hats, cow bells, original Black Forest Cuckoo clocks, and hand painted eggs. Grimm’s Fairy Tales, Berlin Then and Now, and A 400 Year History of the Stein are just a few of the books you will encounter.
There is a new shop Karamelle-Kuche in Germany. It features Disney cast members making fresh caramel corn, caramel apples, strawberries, marshmallows. The store will also carry gourmet caramels, cookies, brownies, fudge and cupcakes.
If you enjoy fine wines and spirits, you must visit the Weinkeller where you will also find German wine guides. The Sussigkeiten is the place to satisfy that sweet tooth with an assortment of homemade fudge and nut clusters, pretzels, chocolate, cookies and Haribo brand candies. Learn to cook authentic German recipes with one of the many German cookbooks found in this store. It is Christmas year round in die Weihnachtsecke where you'll find Christmas decorations of all kinds, plus the Christmas pickle. The Kunstarbeit In Kristall offers crystal jewelry by Swarovski, Princessa Plata, and Brillanti by Crystal World. They also carry fine crystal pieces by Arribas, Arnstadt, Nachtmann, Anna Hutte and Swarovski. Glaskunst is the outdoor shop which sells Arribas glassware and they offer engraving.
FUN FACTS: To say "hello" (good day) in German, say "guten tag" (GOOT- entahg.)
HIDDEN MICKEYS: Facing Germany, look at the second floor of the building to the right where there are three suits of armor.The crown of the third one has a Hidden Mickey. Also check out the mini-train area andthe iron work holding the hanging baskets near the teddy bear shop.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom