Epcot World Showcase - United States
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
The American pavilion is a colonial-style mansion whose roots are found in the architecture of Independence Hall, Boston's Old State House, Monticello and Colonial Williamsburg. The 110,000 bricks used on the building are all hand-made from Georgia clay and were tinted and aged to add authenticity. The interior floors are made from marble and copper.
The lobby and halls are lined with quotations from notable Americans such as Walt Disney, Althea Gibson, Charles A. Lindbergh, Ayn Rand, Thomas Wolfe, Wendell Wilkie and Jane Addams. The artwork depicts the development of the United States.
Across the World Showcase promenade on the lagoon is the outdoor stage and amphitheater known as the America Gardens Theatre. Live shows such as the Candlelight Processional, Eat to the Beat and Flower Power concerts are held here.
The America Pavilion is all about patriotism, with the gardens planted in hues of red, white and blue. The roses all varieties named for U.S. Presidents.
The a cappella singing group, Voices of Liberty, perform American folk songs in the lobby. (Check the daily schedule for performance times.)
While there is no sit-down restaurant here, the counter service restaurant Liberty Inn serves American fare such as hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, salads, fruit plates and of course apple pie and ice cream.
There is also the Fife & Drum which Turkey Legs, hot dogs and smoothies.
The Funnel Cake Stand is a free standing booth to the right of the America Pavilion offering funnel cakes with toppings.
Before entering the American Adventure theatre, you will see a collection of the flags which have represented the United States during the course of its history. The show is a patriotic look at the concepts America was founded on. Hosted by Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain, the 29-minute show blends Audio-animatronics with images shown on a 72' rear projection screen.
There are 6 statues on each side of the theatre which represent Individualism, Innovation, Tomorrow, Independence, Compassion, Discovery, Freedom, Heritage, Pioneering, Knowledge, Self-Reliance and Adventure.
There are 35 Audio-animatronic figures used in scenes depicting the Pilgrims' arrival at Plymouth Rock, the Boston Tea Party, George Washington at Valley Forge, the writing of the Declaration of Independence, the Civil War, slavery and the invention of the telephone.
Disney's attention to detail is evident in the speeches and broadcasts used. They are often the original text and, where available, the actual recordings.
For hearing impaired guests, assistive listening devices are available at Guest Services. Deaf guests may use the reflective captioning stands, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance. The theatre is wheelchair accessible. All areas of the American Adventure are wheelchair accessible.
The "Heritage Manor Gifts" shop is disappointingly small. You'll find a very limited selection of shirts, bags, and basic souvenirs (ironically, most of which is made in China.)
FUN FACTS: Although the American Adventure building is actually five stories high, "forced perspective" makes it look only two stories high, so that it accurately reflects colonial architecture (in which buildings were never more than two stories.)
HIDDEN MICKEYS: In the foyer of the American Adventure, check out the three holes on the girder. During the show when the Statue of Liberty is shown and the torch set rises, behind the torch the cloud of smoke forms a Mickey.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW