Epcot World Showcase - Morocco
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
Guarding the entrance to the Moroccan pavilion is a reproduction
of the Koutoubia Minaret of Marrakesh, a prayer tower of
the 12th century mosque. The intricately carved tower reflects
the pride in the craftsmanship that the native artisans
took when assisting in the construction of the Moroccan
pavilion. More native craftsmen were used in building this
pavilion than in any other in all of the World Showcase.
This is evident in the supreme quality of the geometric
patterns and mosaic art found throughout Morocco.
The warm terra cotta tiles and carved plaster buildings
topped with green roofs amidst the winding alleys and stuccoed
archways add to the charm of the "jewel of North Africa".
More of the exquisite craftsmanship is found in the gate
to the Medina (the old city) in a replica of the Bab Boujouloud
gate. In the Medina, you will find the bustling marketplace
or bazaar. The Ville Nouvelle (new city) has the Royal
Gallery and the Moroccan National Tourist Office where
you can see a three-screen slide show of the lifestyles
and landscape of Morocco.
The flower filled courtyard surrounded by citrus and olive trees, date palms and banana plants, includes a fountain inspired by the Nejjarine fountain Fez. In this area, you can hear Moroccan musicians, watch the exotic belly dancers perform or marvel at the incredible acrobatics of the Houzali Troupe. Check the park guide map for performance times. In the Gallery of Arts and History, you can enjoy the ever-changing exhibits of Moroccan arts, artifacts and costumes. Early architecture is showcased in the Fez House.
A walking tour of Morocco, "The Treasures of Morocco" is offered daily.
"Spice Road Table" is the newest addition to the Morocco Pavilion. Focusing on a menu of "small plates," this restaurant is located right on the water, so during the day, guests can enjoy the sunshine and nighttime diners will have a great view of IllumiNations. Live entertainment will be provided by the Mo Rockin' Band, henna tattoos are offered, a new juice bar has been added and a new shop allows guests to take home some of the flavors they enjoyed with their meal. Take a look at our overview video above, our full photo gallery, full menu, and writeup of the new restaurant on The DIS Blog.
The "Restaurant Marrakesh" offers visitors a chance to sample the exotic cuisine of Morocco whilst enjoying Moroccan entertainment. Bastilla appetizers (meat or seafood baked in a thin pastry with vegetables or almonds), traditional coucous, a number of lamb dishes, chicken brochettes and shisk kabobs are some of the culinary delights offered here.
The Tangierine Cafe is the counter Service restaurant featuring wonderful Mediterranean specialties, salads and desserts.
The Moorish Café and Pastry
Shop serves such delicacies as light crepes and Moorish
pastries in addition to hot mint tea and specialty coffees.
Moroccan fine jewelry, traditional clothing and shoes, Camel bone mirrors, and handmade daggers are found in the "Tangier Traders." The "Brass Bazaar" features mosaic fountains, Thuya wood, and brass or silver decorative plates and mirrors. This shop also has an Outdoor Bazaar where ceramic tiles, native instruments, and handmade baskets can be found. The "Medina Arts" offers Moroccan crafts such as the traditional ceramic Tajne and beautifully designed ceramic plates. Find hand knotted carpets and rugs in "Casablanca Carpets" as well as glass lanterns and the Marrakesh wall sconces. Directly across from the main pavilion there is a shop called Souk-Al-Magreb. They offer some of the same items found in the other stores of Morocco. The couscous pot can be found here along with Sadaf brand couscous. Fez hats, wind chimes, Henna Lamps, rose water, and an instructional DVD for belly dancing are also available. All areas of Morocco are wheelchair accessible.
FUN FACTS: Say "hello" in Morocco by saying "salam alekoum"
Morocco is the only country in the World Showcase in which
the government was actually involved in the design and construction
of the pavilion.
Hidden MIckeys: On the outside wall of the gift shop, there are three baskets in the shape of a Mickey.
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW