Epcot World Showcase - China
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
You enter the China Pavilion through a distinct triple arched ceremonial gate patterned after the Temple of Heaven in Beijing.
China seems to be divided in two. The left side is more commercial, the right is more picturesque.
The China pavilion deserves a close look. It is quite pretty and the intricacy of the carvings is amazing. If you're looking for a spot where you can enjoy a few minutes of peace, this is it. There are footbridges, bamboo groves, a small waterfall and ponds which provide the perfect getaway from the crowds.
Throughout the day you'll often find Mulan and/or Mushu available for meet and greets.
The Dragon Legend acrobats entertain guests throughout the day. When these children perform, it always attracts a good sized crowd.
Also be sure to check out the replica of the Terracotta Army. The figures, dating from 210 BC, were discovered in 1974 by some local farmers near Xi'an, Shaanxi province, China near the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor.
Reflections of China
"Reflections of China" is a 360º Circle-Vision film shown in the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest. This movie features footage of China including the Great Wall, the Forbidden City of Beijing, the Gobi Desert, Inner Mongolia, the Yangtze River and the tropical rain forests of Hainan Island. There is no seating in this theatre, only rails for guests to lean against so that they can fully experience the Circle-Vision effect. Not overly thrilling, but rarely busy so if you're looking for a place to either cool off, dry off or escape crowds, this is an option to keep in mind.
The Yong Feng Shangdian shop is one of the largest shopping destinations in the World Showcase. It has a wide variety of merchandise from silk clothing, lacquer and mother-of-pearl inlay furniture, Yixing teapots and jade carvings, to stuffed pandas, incense, candles, and paper fans. Beijing Cloisonne Ware is one of the specialty items found here, as well as, Chinese lanterns, Oriental carpets and Jingdezhen Chinaware. In the jewelry section of the store you will find gorgeous coral, jade, and crystal pieces. After walking through the entire shop you exit into an open air market that offers books on meditation, calligraphy and the Chinese language. You will also find childrens’ toys and Kidcot.
The Nine Dragons restaurant is one of the few restaurants in the World Showcase where you'll often find availability. (Kind of a hint that it's not a top choice, but it's not totally awful.) The Lotus Blossom Café is a counter service restaurant.
DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Listen as Kevin Klose reviews Nine Dragons
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
FUN FACTS: To say "hello" in Chinese, say "Ni hao" (nee HOW).
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom