Epcot World Showcase - Italy
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
The 83 foot belltower in the World Showcase's Italy is an authentic replica of the original campanile in St. Mark's Square. The great attention paid to detail is found on the angel atop the belltower that is covered with real gold leaf even though it is up so high that guests really cannot appreciate it.
The romance of Venice is demonstrated in the Venetian bridges and the gondolas that are moored to a festive striped barber shop-style poles alongside the World Showcase lagoon.
A spectacular replica of the 14th century pink and white Doge's Palace is authentic right down to the marble-like façade similar to that used in the original. In the central plaza area of the pavilion, the Plaza del Teatro, you'll find the "Fontana de Nettuno" a fountain inspired by Bernini's Neptune fountain. Live street theatre and the singers of Naples, "I Cantanapoli" entertain guests in the plaza as well.
The landscaping of Italy will delight gardening buffs with the olive trees, Mediterranean citrus, kumquat trees, cypress and pines found in the formal garden.
Located right off the lobby of Tutto Italia is the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. This intimate space seats only 96 people, and is open from 11:30 am - 9:00 pm. Designed to look like an Italian wine cellar, Tutto Gusto features stone walls and floors, rustic wood beams and brick arches. It offers an appetizer-type menu, with six sections focusing on small plates with foods from all around Italy. Various cheeses, mini panini sandwiches, pastas and seafood are just some of the choices available. Guests can select from an extensive drink menu, including more than 200 varieties of Italian wine.
Via Napoli, an authentic Italian pizzeria and restaurant, is designed to be reminiscent of the architecture in Florence, Italy. It features an open kitchen and prep area, where guests can watch their pizzas be made and cooked in one of the massive stone pizza ovens.
The Italy Pavilion also has a cart where you can get Italian pastries, wines and Italian Margaritas.
There are many quaint little shops offering a broad variety of Italian merchandise. You will discover fine Florentine soaps, Illy espresso coffee, and hand-made paper mache Venetian masks. Creamy Italian chocolates, traditional snacks and Italian wines are also found here. The pavilion has a large selection of cookbooks covering Rome, Tuscany, Naples and Italian Farmhouse cooking. If beautiful crystal, fine Murano glassware and porcelain figures are your heart's desires, a stop at "Il Bel Cristallo" is a must. In this store you will also find San Lorenzo Venetian glass jewelry, Antica Murrina jewelry, Pulicati leather handbags, Ferrari merchandise and a nice selection of Italian perfumes.
FUN FACTS: To say “hello”
in Italian, say “buon giorno” (boo-on JOR-no)
HIDDEN MICKEYS: Look at the bottom right corner sculpture to see three leaves in the shape of a distinct Mickey.
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios