Easter at Walt Disney World
April 5, 2015
2015 activities are not yet announced, but this page will be updated when they are.
Easter Bunny Meet and Greet
Meet the Easter Bunny from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm April 13-20, 2014.
Town Square area - Magic Kingdom admission required. PhotoPass photographers will be available.
The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. Purchase a map and stickers for $4.95, then, when you find each hidden egg, put a sticker on the map to mark the location. When you've completed your map, return it to Disney Traders for a special surprise!
Maps are available at Heritage Manor in the American Adventure Pavilion, Disney Traders, International Gateway, Pin Central and Port of Entry.
Activities are available for guests staying at the resorts listed below. Activities will include things such as pool parties, games, crafts, Easter egg hunts, relays, campfire and movies. Check with the front desk for times and event details. Many of the resorts are offering special menus for the holiday.
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Easter baskets will be available
- A special themed cupcake will be available
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Easter beanie plush, candy, pre-made themed Easter baskets and create-your-own Easter baskets will be available.
- Port Orleans Riverside
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- M. Mouse Mercantile will offer pre-made and create-your-own Easter baskets
- A large chocolate Easter egg display will be offered in the main lobby, toward the resort entrance from April 5-22.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Boardwalk Inn
- Create your own Easter basket
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora will offer a traditional Easter menu along with a regular dinner menu
- BoardWalk Bakery will feature a seasonal cupcake
- Contemporary Resort
- Easter baskets will be available
- The Wave will feature a buffet/brunch from 7:30am - 3:00pm
- Chef Mickey's will be open for extended hours April 13-26. Brunch will be offered until 1:00pm on Easter Sunday.
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Polynesian Resort
- Create-your-own Easter baskets will be available.
- Wilderness Lodge
- Easter baskets will be available.
- Roaring Fork will host a recycled craft contest where guests will vote for the winner in the dining room.
- Roaring Fork will feature a special cupcake.
- Yacht Club Resort / Beach Club Resort
- Easter plush, candy and Easter baskets will be available
- Cape May Cafe will be open for extended hours 7:30am - 11:30am. In addition to the normal buffet menu, Cape May Cafe will feature a carving station of Candied Bacon (subject to change). The dinner buffet will open 30 minutes early (4:30pm-9:00pm). Note: no Porterhouse steaks will be available at Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Deluxe Villas Resorts
- Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
- Old Key West Resort
- Pre-made and create-your-own Easter baskets and candy will be available
- Olivia's Cafe will feature a special Easter dinner
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Bay Lake Tower
Enjoy a PEEPtastic week at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin!
4/16 - 4/20/14
- Complimentary samples of PEEPS candies will be given out upon check-in.
- Meet and greets with the Easter Bunny! Get autographs and pose for photos in a special PEEPS Easter setting.
- Glow in the dark Easter egg hunts, PEEP s'mores by the campfire, Easter crafts and games
- Daily activities at the beach and pool area, including Jumbo Easter egg race, Diving for eggs and a Bunny hop relay. One night's dive-in movie night will feature the film "HOP".
- Resort chefs are creating special dessert items featuring PEEPS brand marshmallow.
- Holiday dinner buffet at Garden Grove with visits from Disney characters
- One big secret that will be revealed Saturday, April 19!
Special rate available for Easter week! Rooms are available at the Walt Disney World Swan or Dolphin starting at just $189 for stay April 16-23, 2014. To book, click here for more information.
Express Your Peepsonality contest - win a Disney World vacation!
1 Grand Prize - a trip to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort for 4, plus airfare and theme park tickets; 4 first prizes - mini tablets; 10 second prizes - $50 PEEPS gift certificates
- Create a Pinterest Board with the title - ExpressYourPeepsonality.
- Pin PEEPS-inpirired recipes, crafts, etc. to reflect your unique "Peepsonality."
- Register online.
For more information about any of these activities, click here.
Walt Disney World will be celebrating Easter with religious services on Sunday April 20, 2014 at the Contemporary Resort in the Fantasia Ballroom.
The schedule for services will be:
- Catholic Mass – 8 am and 10:15 am
- Protestant Service – 9 am
WDW strongly recommends to resort guests staying at a monorail resort to use the monorail or watercraft to the Contemporary. All other resort guests should use WDW resort transportation to MK and then transfer to a shuttle bus which will take you to the Contemporary. The Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian parking lots will be operating with parking restrictions.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios