Replica Haunted Mansion house for saleLeah Zanolla | Posted: Oct 5, 2012 | Updated: Oct 5, 2012 - 10:36:58 PM
For the "low" price of $873,000, you could live in your very own Haunted Mansion. A 10,000-square-foot house in Duluth, GA was built in 1996 as a re-creation of the exterior of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, even down to the detail of the plaque on the entrance gate. The interior is more modern; only one room's decor is inspired by the theme park attraction. A bathroom has a "variation of the hitchhiking ghost scene of the Haunted Mansion attraction" on the wall.
Mark Hurt was the owner, designer and contractor of the seven-bedroom, six-bathroom Southern-style house. Hurt and his family have been living in the house, but are selling it to move on to other projects, including building a replica of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel in Hawaii.
The house is being sold by Theme Park Connection, a "theme-park memorabilia reseller," located near Walt Disney World in Florida. This is the largest item the store has sold, and was acquired when Hurt became a Theme Park Connection customer. Marc Pianko, Theme Park Connection owner, said, "We researched it, and this is the only house in the world where someone actually spent the money to model it after a Disney attraction. It was a perfect match for both of us."
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS