New Orleans Square transports you to a land of romance and excitement. This section of the park was added on in 1966 and has become a favorite for visitors wishing to experience Disney New Orleans style. Replete with verandahs, wrought ironwork and the sounds of jazz and Dixieland in the air, you can’t help but linger and enjoy the atmosphere. You can dine at the Blue Bayou, sip on a mint julep (non-alcoholic) or browse through the unique shops in the French Quarter which offer one of a kind merchandise. With a band of pirates and a haunted antebellum mansion beckoning you, there’s no mistaking that New Orleans Square will be memorable.
(Opened August 9, 1969)
Click Here for Photos
FASTPASS Attraction for Holiday Only
"Grim Grinning Ghosts" greet you in this home of 999 spooks! Guests enter through a foyer, which magically "stretches" before your eyes. You next walk through a hallway, adorned with haunted paintings and busts that seem to see all, and onto a moving platform where you board your own "Doom Buggy.” Your journey takes you through the dark mansion populated with all manner of ghosts and ghouls. Although there are some dark moments, the ride is fine for all but the most easily scared children. Watch out for hitchhiking ghosts! There’s always room for “one more” to add to their ranks.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Haunted Mansion History
A perennial favorite, this slow moving boat ride (with a couple of short "dips" thrown in for a little thrill) is a Disney classic. Pirates of the Caribbean has been rethemed to include scenes from the very popular 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies include appearances by Jack Sparrow himself!
Guests board their pirate boat and travel through an audio-Animatronic pirate adventure. Watch as the pirates take over a Spanish fort and pillage and plunder the town. Just remember - "dead men tell no tales!" You’ll be singing “Yo Ho, YoHo, A Pirate’s Life For Me” by the time that your voyage comes to an end.
• Cristal d'Orlean - Crystal
• L'Ornement Magique – Collectable
• La Boutique de Noel – Christmas Shop
• La Mascarade d'Orleans - Antiques
• LeBat en Rouge – Nightmare Before Christmas Merchandise
• Mlle. Antoinette’s Parfumerie - Perfume
• Parasol Cart – Custom decorated Parasols
• Pieces of Eight – Pirate Themed Items
• Portrait Artists - Portraits
• Royal Street Sweets - Sweets
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.