New Orleans Square transports you to a land of romance and excitement. This section of the park was added on in 1966 and has become a favorite for visitors wishing to experience Disney New Orleans style. Replete with verandahs, wrought ironwork and the sounds of jazz and Dixieland in the air, you can’t help but linger and enjoy the atmosphere. You can dine at the Blue Bayou, sip on a mint julep (non-alcoholic) or browse through the unique shops in the French Quarter which offer one of a kind merchandise. With a band of pirates and a haunted antebellum mansion beckoning you, there’s no mistaking that New Orleans Square will be memorable.
(Opened August 9, 1969)
Click Here for Photos
FASTPASS Attraction for Holiday Only
"Grim Grinning Ghosts" greet you in this home of 999 spooks! Guests enter through a foyer, which magically "stretches" before your eyes. You next walk through a hallway, adorned with haunted paintings and busts that seem to see all, and onto a moving platform where you board your own "Doom Buggy.” Your journey takes you through the dark mansion populated with all manner of ghosts and ghouls. Although there are some dark moments, the ride is fine for all but the most easily scared children. Watch out for hitchhiking ghosts! There’s always room for “one more” to add to their ranks.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Haunted Mansion History
A perennial favorite, this slow moving boat ride (with a couple of short "dips" thrown in for a little thrill) is a Disney classic. Pirates of the Caribbean has been rethemed to include scenes from the very popular 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies include appearances by Jack Sparrow himself!
Guests board their pirate boat and travel through an audio-Animatronic pirate adventure. Watch as the pirates take over a Spanish fort and pillage and plunder the town. Just remember - "dead men tell no tales!" You’ll be singing “Yo Ho, YoHo, A Pirate’s Life For Me” by the time that your voyage comes to an end.
• Cristal d'Orlean - Crystal
• L'Ornement Magique – Collectable
• La Boutique de Noel – Christmas Shop
• La Mascarade d'Orleans - Antiques
• LeBat en Rouge – Nightmare Before Christmas Merchandise
• Mlle. Antoinette’s Parfumerie - Perfume
• Parasol Cart – Custom decorated Parasols
• Pieces of Eight – Pirate Themed Items
• Portrait Artists - Portraits
• Royal Street Sweets - Sweets
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.