Orleans Square transports you to a land of romance
and excitement. This section of the park was
added on in 1966 and has become a favorite for
visitors wishing to experience Disney New Orleans
style. Replete with verandahs, wrought ironwork
and the sounds of jazz and Dixieland in the air,
you can’t help but linger and enjoy the
atmosphere. You can dine at the Blue Bayou, sip
on a mint julep (non-alcoholic) or browse through
the unique shops in the French Quarter which
offer one of a kind merchandise. With a band
of pirates and a haunted antebellum mansion beckoning
you, there’s no mistaking that New Orleans
Square will be memorable.
(Opened August 9, 1969)
Click Here for Photos
FASTPASS Attraction for Holiday Only
"Grim Grinning Ghosts" greet you in this home of 999 spooks! Guests enter through a foyer, which magically "stretches" before your eyes. You next walk through a hallway, adorned with haunted paintings and busts that seem to see all, and onto a moving platform where you board your own "Doom Buggy.” Your journey takes you through the dark mansion populated with all manner of ghosts and ghouls. Although there are some dark moments, the ride is fine for all but the most easily scared children. Watch out for hitchhiking ghosts! There’s always room for “one more” to add to their ranks.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Haunted Mansion History
A perennial favorite, this slow moving boat ride (with a couple of short "dips" thrown in for a little thrill) is a Disney classic. Pirates of the Caribbean has been rethemed to include scenes from the very popular 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies include appearances by Jack Sparrow himself!
Guests board their pirate boat and travel through an audio-Animatronic pirate adventure. Watch as the pirates take over a Spanish fort and pillage and plunder the town. Just remember - "dead men tell no tales!" You’ll be singing “Yo Ho, YoHo, A Pirate’s Life For Me” by the time that your voyage comes to an end.
• Cristal d'Orlean - Crystal
• L'Ornement Magique – Collectable
• La Boutique de Noel – Christmas Shop
• La Mascarade d'Orleans - Antiques
• LeBat en Rouge – Nightmare Before Christmas Merchandise
• Mlle. Antoinette’s Parfumerie - Perfume
• Parasol Cart – Custom decorated Parasols
• Pieces of Eight – Pirate Themed Items
• Portrait Artists - Portraits
• Royal Street Sweets - Sweets
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.