New Orleans Square transports you to a land of romance and excitement. This section of the park was added on in 1966 and has become a favorite for visitors wishing to experience Disney New Orleans style. Replete with verandahs, wrought ironwork and the sounds of jazz and Dixieland in the air, you can’t help but linger and enjoy the atmosphere. You can dine at the Blue Bayou, sip on a mint julep (non-alcoholic) or browse through the unique shops in the French Quarter which offer one of a kind merchandise. With a band of pirates and a haunted antebellum mansion beckoning you, there’s no mistaking that New Orleans Square will be memorable.
(Opened August 9, 1969)
Click Here for Photos
FASTPASS Attraction for Holiday Only
"Grim Grinning Ghosts" greet you in this home of 999 spooks! Guests enter through a foyer, which magically "stretches" before your eyes. You next walk through a hallway, adorned with haunted paintings and busts that seem to see all, and onto a moving platform where you board your own "Doom Buggy.” Your journey takes you through the dark mansion populated with all manner of ghosts and ghouls. Although there are some dark moments, the ride is fine for all but the most easily scared children. Watch out for hitchhiking ghosts! There’s always room for “one more” to add to their ranks.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Haunted Mansion History
A perennial favorite, this slow moving boat ride (with a couple of short "dips" thrown in for a little thrill) is a Disney classic. Pirates of the Caribbean has been rethemed to include scenes from the very popular 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies include appearances by Jack Sparrow himself!
Guests board their pirate boat and travel through an audio-Animatronic pirate adventure. Watch as the pirates take over a Spanish fort and pillage and plunder the town. Just remember - "dead men tell no tales!" You’ll be singing “Yo Ho, YoHo, A Pirate’s Life For Me” by the time that your voyage comes to an end.
• Cristal d'Orlean - Crystal
• L'Ornement Magique – Collectable
• La Boutique de Noel – Christmas Shop
• La Mascarade d'Orleans - Antiques
• LeBat en Rouge – Nightmare Before Christmas Merchandise
• Mlle. Antoinette’s Parfumerie - Perfume
• Parasol Cart – Custom decorated Parasols
• Pieces of Eight – Pirate Themed Items
• Portrait Artists - Portraits
• Royal Street Sweets - Sweets
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Adventureland & New Orleans Square
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.