Originally ‘Bear Country’ until 1988, this land is located near the ‘Rivers of America'. This is one of Disneyland’s quietest sections and is a great place to find shade on a sunny day. Of course you may meet up with a varmint or two. (Note: In order to access Critter Country, you must walk past the Haunted Mansion from either New Orleans Square or Frontierland.)
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Splash Mountain
- Character Greetings
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Opened: April 11, 2003)
Join Winnie the Pooh and gang for a whimsical ride through the Hundred Acre Woods in search of ‘honey’. You’ll find Pooh and Friends featured throughout this delightful journey. This is a very a popular attraction and a great place to take the little ones.
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes History
to paddle. On this real canoe ride, guests do the work
as they paddle around Tom Sawyer's Island. Two guides
will steer you and help chart your course. This attraction
is only open during daylight hours.
Restrictions: Flotation vests are given to Guests age 6 and under. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
(Opened: July 17, 1989)
A one mile water log flume ride that takes you on a journey through the backwoods, swamps, and bayous of the old South as you prepare for the final dramatic 52 1/2 feet (more than 5 stories), 47 degree angle & 40+ mph flume drop. With a mountain height of 87 feet this ride includes 15 scenes based on the motion picture, "Song of the South" and features 103 Audio-Animatronics figures. This ride begins innocently enough. Your journey follows the story of Brer Rabbit as he searches for a new home. But watch out - the scheming Brer Fox and bumbling Brer Bear are chasing him . Before you know it, you’re plunging down five stories into a watery finale. As you begin the final descent, your photo will be taken and you can view your picture and purchase it as you exit. You WILL get wet on this ride, especially if you're in the front of the log so to minimize the soaking, ask for a seat in the back of the log.
Restrictions: 40-inch minimum height and 3-year minimum age. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. Young children should be accompanied by an adult. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
the Pooh and Friends - Bring your camera and
autograph books for that ‘magical’ meeting
with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Check times guide for hours.
Patch - Critter Country Plush Character merchandise
• Pooh Corner - Winnie the Pooh merchandise
• Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio - Photos of your ‘Splash Mountain’ experience
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Critter Country & Frontierland
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.