Originally ‘Bear Country’ until 1988, this land is located near the ‘Rivers of America'. This is one of Disneyland’s quietest sections and is a great place to find shade on a sunny day. Of course you may meet up with a varmint or two. (Note: In order to access Critter Country, you must walk past the Haunted Mansion from either New Orleans Square or Frontierland.)
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Splash Mountain
- Character Greetings
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Opened: April 11, 2003)
Join Winnie the Pooh and gang for a whimsical ride through the Hundred Acre Woods in search of ‘honey’. You’ll find Pooh and Friends featured throughout this delightful journey. This is a very a popular attraction and a great place to take the little ones.
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes History
to paddle. On this real canoe ride, guests do the work
as they paddle around Tom Sawyer's Island. Two guides
will steer you and help chart your course. This attraction
is only open during daylight hours.
Restrictions: Flotation vests are given to Guests age 6 and under. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
(Opened: July 17, 1989)
A one mile water log flume ride that takes you on a journey through the backwoods, swamps, and bayous of the old South as you prepare for the final dramatic 52 1/2 feet (more than 5 stories), 47 degree angle & 40+ mph flume drop. With a mountain height of 87 feet this ride includes 15 scenes based on the motion picture, "Song of the South" and features 103 Audio-Animatronics figures. This ride begins innocently enough. Your journey follows the story of Brer Rabbit as he searches for a new home. But watch out - the scheming Brer Fox and bumbling Brer Bear are chasing him . Before you know it, you’re plunging down five stories into a watery finale. As you begin the final descent, your photo will be taken and you can view your picture and purchase it as you exit. You WILL get wet on this ride, especially if you're in the front of the log so to minimize the soaking, ask for a seat in the back of the log.
Restrictions: 40-inch minimum height and 3-year minimum age. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. Young children should be accompanied by an adult. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
the Pooh and Friends - Bring your camera and
autograph books for that ‘magical’ meeting
with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Check times guide for hours.
Patch - Critter Country Plush Character merchandise
• Pooh Corner - Winnie the Pooh merchandise
• Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio - Photos of your ‘Splash Mountain’ experience
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.