Originally ‘Bear Country’ until 1988, this land is located near the ‘Rivers of America'. This is one of Disneyland’s quietest sections and is a great place to find shade on a sunny day. Of course you may meet up with a varmint or two. (Note: In order to access Critter Country, you must walk past the Haunted Mansion from either New Orleans Square or Frontierland.)
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Splash Mountain
- Character Greetings
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Opened: April 11, 2003)
Join Winnie the Pooh and gang for a whimsical ride through the Hundred Acre Woods in search of ‘honey’. You’ll find Pooh and Friends featured throughout this delightful journey. This is a very a popular attraction and a great place to take the little ones.
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes History
to paddle. On this real canoe ride, guests do the work
as they paddle around Tom Sawyer's Island. Two guides
will steer you and help chart your course. This attraction
is only open during daylight hours.
Restrictions: Flotation vests are given to Guests age 6 and under. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
(Opened: July 17, 1989)
A one mile water log flume ride that takes you on a journey through the backwoods, swamps, and bayous of the old South as you prepare for the final dramatic 52 1/2 feet (more than 5 stories), 47 degree angle & 40+ mph flume drop. With a mountain height of 87 feet this ride includes 15 scenes based on the motion picture, "Song of the South" and features 103 Audio-Animatronics figures. This ride begins innocently enough. Your journey follows the story of Brer Rabbit as he searches for a new home. But watch out - the scheming Brer Fox and bumbling Brer Bear are chasing him . Before you know it, you’re plunging down five stories into a watery finale. As you begin the final descent, your photo will be taken and you can view your picture and purchase it as you exit. You WILL get wet on this ride, especially if you're in the front of the log so to minimize the soaking, ask for a seat in the back of the log.
Restrictions: 40-inch minimum height and 3-year minimum age. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. Young children should be accompanied by an adult. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
the Pooh and Friends - Bring your camera and
autograph books for that ‘magical’ meeting
with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Check times guide for hours.
Patch - Critter Country Plush Character merchandise
• Pooh Corner - Winnie the Pooh merchandise
• Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio - Photos of your ‘Splash Mountain’ experience
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.