Originally ‘Bear Country’ until 1988, this land is located near the ‘Rivers of America'. This is one of Disneyland’s quietest sections and is a great place to find shade on a sunny day. Of course you may meet up with a varmint or two. (Note: In order to access Critter Country, you must walk past the Haunted Mansion from either New Orleans Square or Frontierland.)
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Splash Mountain
- Character Greetings
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Opened: April 11, 2003)
Join Winnie the Pooh and gang for a whimsical ride through the Hundred Acre Woods in search of ‘honey’. You’ll find Pooh and Friends featured throughout this delightful journey. This is a very a popular attraction and a great place to take the little ones.
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes History
to paddle. On this real canoe ride, guests do the work
as they paddle around Tom Sawyer's Island. Two guides
will steer you and help chart your course. This attraction
is only open during daylight hours.
Restrictions: Flotation vests are given to Guests age 6 and under. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
(Opened: July 17, 1989)
A one mile water log flume ride that takes you on a journey through the backwoods, swamps, and bayous of the old South as you prepare for the final dramatic 52 1/2 feet (more than 5 stories), 47 degree angle & 40+ mph flume drop. With a mountain height of 87 feet this ride includes 15 scenes based on the motion picture, "Song of the South" and features 103 Audio-Animatronics figures. This ride begins innocently enough. Your journey follows the story of Brer Rabbit as he searches for a new home. But watch out - the scheming Brer Fox and bumbling Brer Bear are chasing him . Before you know it, you’re plunging down five stories into a watery finale. As you begin the final descent, your photo will be taken and you can view your picture and purchase it as you exit. You WILL get wet on this ride, especially if you're in the front of the log so to minimize the soaking, ask for a seat in the back of the log.
Restrictions: 40-inch minimum height and 3-year minimum age. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. Young children should be accompanied by an adult. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
the Pooh and Friends - Bring your camera and
autograph books for that ‘magical’ meeting
with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Check times guide for hours.
Patch - Critter Country Plush Character merchandise
• Pooh Corner - Winnie the Pooh merchandise
• Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio - Photos of your ‘Splash Mountain’ experience
- Magical fireworks returns to Disneyland Park on 5/2 - Magical, Disneyland's fireworks show that features an appearance by Dumbo, returns for the summer beginning May 2nd.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.