Originally ‘Bear Country’ until 1988, this land is located near the ‘Rivers of America'. This is one of Disneyland’s quietest sections and is a great place to find shade on a sunny day. Of course you may meet up with a varmint or two. (Note: In order to access Critter Country, you must walk past the Haunted Mansion from either New Orleans Square or Frontierland.)
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Splash Mountain
- Character Greetings
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Opened: April 11, 2003)
Join Winnie the Pooh and gang for a whimsical ride through the Hundred Acre Woods in search of ‘honey’. You’ll find Pooh and Friends featured throughout this delightful journey. This is a very a popular attraction and a great place to take the little ones.
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes History
to paddle. On this real canoe ride, guests do the work
as they paddle around Tom Sawyer's Island. Two guides
will steer you and help chart your course. This attraction
is only open during daylight hours.
Restrictions: Flotation vests are given to Guests age 6 and under. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
(Opened: July 17, 1989)
A one mile water log flume ride that takes you on a journey through the backwoods, swamps, and bayous of the old South as you prepare for the final dramatic 52 1/2 feet (more than 5 stories), 47 degree angle & 40+ mph flume drop. With a mountain height of 87 feet this ride includes 15 scenes based on the motion picture, "Song of the South" and features 103 Audio-Animatronics figures. This ride begins innocently enough. Your journey follows the story of Brer Rabbit as he searches for a new home. But watch out - the scheming Brer Fox and bumbling Brer Bear are chasing him . Before you know it, you’re plunging down five stories into a watery finale. As you begin the final descent, your photo will be taken and you can view your picture and purchase it as you exit. You WILL get wet on this ride, especially if you're in the front of the log so to minimize the soaking, ask for a seat in the back of the log.
Restrictions: 40-inch minimum height and 3-year minimum age. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. Young children should be accompanied by an adult. Inaccessible to strollers. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer from the wheelchair to ride.
the Pooh and Friends - Bring your camera and
autograph books for that ‘magical’ meeting
with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Check times guide for hours.
Patch - Critter Country Plush Character merchandise
• Pooh Corner - Winnie the Pooh merchandise
• Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio - Photos of your ‘Splash Mountain’ experience
- Save 20% on a room only reservation at Disneyland hotels - Book a premium room at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and save 20%. Save 15% on a standard room.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.