Disney Cruise Line cancels first sailing on renovated Disney Magicby Leah Zanolla
Oct 17, 2013
Disney Cruise Line (DCL) has just announced that they are canceling the first sailing on the re-imagined Disney Magic. The Magic has been in dry dock in Spain since the beginning of September undergoing a complete makeover and was supposed to set sail October 20 for a 5-night sailing out of Miami. DCL has sent emails to passengers booked on this sailing, as well as travel agents who have clients sailing. The following is a copy of this email:
We appreciate you selecting a Disney Cruise Line vacation for your clients and have important information to share about their sailing.
As you may know, the Disney Magic has just undergone the most significant transformation in the history of Disney Cruise Line. Unfortunately, during the course of dry dock renovations and the Trans-Atlantic crossing, we encountered challenging weather conditions that made the necessary work impossible to complete in time for the first cruise. As a result, we've made the difficult decision to cancel the October 20, 2013, 5-night sailing from Miami, Florida.
We are truly sorry for disappointing your clients and their traveling party with this news. Therefore, in addition to a full refund of their voyage fare, your clients will also receive a complimentary sailing up to 5-nights in length on the Disney Magic when sailing from Miami or Port Canaveral, Florida, before May 16, 2014. This complimentary sailing is subject to availability, offered in the same category stateroom with the same party mix originally booked aboard the Disney Magic and is non-transferable. Guests who are unable to take advantage of this complimentary cruise offer are invited to sail at a 35% future cruise discount on any Caribbean or Bahamian sailing of up to 7-nights in length, taken by October 31, 2015, excluding holiday and select peak sail dates.
Guests on this sailing with independent flight arrangements are welcome to submit any flight change fees via e-mail to DCL.Guest.Communications@disneycruise.com for consideration.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDIS SITE UPDATES
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan"
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort
- American Ninja Warrior taping at Universal Orlando in May
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23
- Universal Orlando raising employees' base pay
- Prices increase for Pirates League on the Disney Fantasy
- Walt Disney World for Teens
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors"
- Disney Cruise Line raises prices at Palo and Remy
- Blog - The Universal Day - Islands of Adventure
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available
- Adventures by Disney Insiders eligible for one free hotel night
- Adventures by Disney announces Danube River Cruise
- it's a small world closes for rehab
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney
- Florida residents can take advantage of Disney Cruise Line discounts
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb
- Military discounts available for Western Caribbean sailings on Disney Cruise Line
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale
- Night of Joy tickets now available
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- ABD Providing Transfers from Airport for Pre- and Post-night Stays
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Florida residents can take advantage of Disney Cruise Line discounts
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the military
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced
- Kids stay free with a four night stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- List of Star Wars Weekends celebrities, including Ian McDiarmid and Frank Oz
- Blog - Run, don’t walk to try one of these new sandwiches in Epcot!
- 5 Songs from Disney Films that are Works of Art
- VIDEO: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort DVC Grand Opening Ceremony
- Adventures by Disney Insiders save $100 on a land vacation
- Easter brunch to be held at Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resort
- April merchandise events at Walt Disney World
- Happy 20th anniversary to Blizzard Beach!
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows are now open!
- Blog - Judge fools all, banning Frozen from theme parks and agreeing with "Frozen is my life story" author
- VIDEO: Bora Bora Bungalows and Pago Pago Studio Villa Tour at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- VIDEO: Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Overview
- How young is too young? Bringing a baby to Walt Disney World
- Pricing released for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic
- Military discounts available for several sailings on Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line offers FL resident discounts
- Trader Sam's to be open from 4pm-midnight, with adults only after 8pm
- VIDEO: Skeleton Make-Up Tutorial For Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World
- Succumbing to the Charms of Hong Kong Disneyland
- VIDEO: Pirate Make-Up Tutorial For Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World
- New figures available for Star Wars Weekends D-Tech Me experience
- Parking lot shuttle being tested at Downtown Disney
- Trader Sam's Grog Grotto soft opening on March 28
- "Tomorrowland" preview to be shown at Epcot's Imagination Pavilion theater
- Blog - Be Our Guest Breakfast and Construction Update in Magic Kingdom
- Dining at Disney's table-service restaurants with your children
- Super hero-themed store to open in Downtown Disney
- Effortlessly Cast Off 3 Common Park Stressors
- 3 Reasons Why Upgrading To A Moderate Resort Can Make All The Difference
- Disneyland announces Diamond Celebration Merchandise Event
- New additions to menu at Studio Catering Company
- Space Mountain to be closed for 4 days in April
- Summer 2016 Disney Cruise Line itineraries available for booking by general public
- Save up to 20% on Premium Rooms at the Disneyland Resort
- Metal detectors being tested at Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Spring Time Roundup 2015 at Big Thunder Ranch
- Summer 2016 Itineraries and Sail Dates for Disney Cruise Line
- Why I Hate That I Love Universal
- First look: Photos of Disney's new Polynesian Villas & Bora Bora Bungalows
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom
- Military discounts available on Disney Cruise Line
- Florida residents can sail for as little as $125 per night
- "Kid-sized" package offer available for Walt Disney World