Disney Cruise Line holds first AquaDucky fundraiserby Leah Zanolla
Jun 10, 2013
Recently, in celebration of 30 years of VoluntEARS (the cast and crew fundraising arm of Disney), passengers and crew on all four Disney Cruise Line ships participated in a single, creative fundraising event. Raising approximately $14,000, the "AquaDucky Derby" sent thousands of rubber ducks sailing through the ships' swimming pools and at–sea water coasters. The event, held to raise funds for Make-A-Wish International, allowed passengers to purchase and decorate their own rubber duck and send it racing through the AquaDuck (on the Dream and Fantasy) or through a course in Goofy's Pool (on the Magic and Wonder).
Disney has been involved with the Make-A-Wish organization for 32 years and has granted 81,000 wishes since then.
Video courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDisney News and Updates