Disney Cruise Line plans entertainment for the Fantasyby Leah Zanolla
Dec 7, 2011
Though its maiden voyage is still 3 months away, Disney Cruise Line has released plans for their stage productions aboard the Disney Fantasy. The 1,340 seat Walt Disney Theatre plays host to the shows that take place each evening. The Fantasy will feature five theatrical presentations, some new and some current on the other ships.
One of the new shows is titled "Wishes," just like the popular fireworks show at Walt Disney World. This 45-minute musical tells the story of three friends celebrating high school graduation with a trip to Disneyland. The friends are learning about growing up and what to expect in the future, which leads to several musical numbers with Disney characters. The show involves scenes and characters from "Tangled," "Lilo and Stitch," "Jungle Book," and many others. "Wishes" ends with the song "Breakthrough" from the Disney Channel movie "Lemonade Mouth."
The second new show is "Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular." This is a musical comedy with many of the classic scenes and songs from the film. A stage version can also be seen at Disney California Adventure. At times, performers will be in the aisles of the theater, making guests feel like they're a part of the show. A new song, "To Be Free," will be included and was written for the show by Alan Menken, who composed the original score.
"Disney's Believe" is currently on the Disney Dream and will be coming to the Fantasy as well. This is a 50-minute show featuring over 20 popular characters like Cinderella, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins and Belle. It tells the story of a busy father who learns a lesson about the important things in life, like spending time with his daughter.
The 45-minute "A Fantasy Come True" welcome show uses music and multimedia in this production that explores the experience of a family as they discover what awaits them on the Fantasy. They learn that making memories as a family is the most important thing of all.
The last new show is the "An Unforgettable Journey" farewell show. This production reflects on the memories and experiences the guests have had on board the Fantasy. Audio and video clips combine these moments with words from Walt Disney.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDIS SITE UPDATES
- Universal Orlando announces 25th Anniversary Concert Series
- Military discounts available for Eastern Caribbean sailing on Disney Cruise Line
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab moved back to June 8
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney?
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan"
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort
- American Ninja Warrior taping at Universal Orlando in May
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23
- Universal Orlando raising employees' base pay
- Prices increase for Pirates League on the Disney Fantasy
- Walt Disney World for Teens
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors"
- Disney Cruise Line raises prices at Palo and Remy
- Blog - The Universal Day - Islands of Adventure
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available
- Adventures by Disney Insiders eligible for one free hotel night
- Adventures by Disney announces Danube River Cruise
- it's a small world closes for rehab
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney
- Florida residents can take advantage of Disney Cruise Line discounts
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale
- Night of Joy tickets now available
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- ABD Providing Transfers from Airport for Pre- and Post-night Stays
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced
- Kids stay free with a four night stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort