Disney Cruise Line's Captain Tom named a Commodoreby Leah Zanolla
Aug 17, 2013
Disney Cruise Line has given Captain Tom Forberg a promotion to Commodore. Commodore Tom has been a part of Disney Cruise Line since its inception, serving as inaugural captain of all four ships, as well as overseeing their construction. He will be the first Commodore for the cruise line, a title which the Disney Parks Blog describes as an "honorary appointment bestowed upon accomplished and distinguished leaders of military, commercial and cruise fleets." The only other cruise line to have a Commodore is Cunard Cruise Line, a line known for its transatlantic sailings. Commodore Tom will continue to rotate duty between the four ships and is the highest-ranking officer in the fleet.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDisney News and Updates