Smoking banned on Royal Caribbean balconiesby Leah Zanolla
Sep 5, 2013
Royal Caribbean has joined a growing list of cruise lines banning smoking on stateroom balconies. The company has released a statement:
"After careful consideration and review of guest feedback, Royal Caribbean International has adjusted its smoking policy on its fleet of 21 ships. Effective January 1, 2014, all indoor public spaces will be smoke-free on all ships with the exception of those sailing in Asia. Smoking will not be permitted in any interior space, including but not limited to restaurants, theater, bars, lounges, corridors, elevators, staterooms and stateroom balconies."
Passengers found smoking on balconies will be subject to a $250 fine. Smoking will be allowed in the Casino and the Connoisseur Club on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.
Disney Cruise Line amended their policy on smoking on balconies last month. P&O Cruises, Cunard and Seabourn have recently made changes as well. Balcony smoking is still allowed on Carnival and Norwegian.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.