Christian Bale dines at Disneyland's Club 33 with young cancer patientby Leah Zanolla
Sep 9, 2012
One young cancer patient recently received the trip of a lifetime, thanks to actor Christian Bale, who most recently starred in "The Dark Knight Rises." Bale flew 4-year-old Jayden Barber and his family to Disneyland for a lunch date with himself and his family at the park's exclusive Club 33 restaurant. Jayden had two years of chemotherapy to treat bone cancer that turned into MDS leukemia last year; he is now in remission.
Courtesy: Barber Family
One of Jayden's wishes was to meet the "real Batman." Jayden's mother wrote on her facebook page "Lighting the Batsignal for Jayden" that the "entire interaction was like old friends having lunch. Jayden did not get star struck but was well aware of who we were with!"
She said they enjoyed meeting Bale, his wife and daughter and that he "ensured we were treated like royalty. I don't have even one negative thing to say about them. I can tell you that they were just as impressed with Jayden as Jayden was with them."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS