New Christmas show at SeaWorld Orlandoby Leah Zanolla
Nov 28, 2011
Like other area theme parks, it is now the Christmas season at SeaWorld. SeaWorld's Christmas Spectacular began November 25 and featured a new show, as well as some returning favorites. "O Wondrous Night - The Greatest Story Never Told" is a 30 minute show that tells the traditional Christmas story from the Bible, but with a twist - it's told from the perspective of the animals in the nativity. The animals are portrayed by puppets at the beginning of the show to allow the audience to learn the personality of the animals, and then will be replaced with real animals at a "key magical moment." Animals involved include sheep, doves, an alpaca, a zebu(ox), and three camels.
Musical director Ben Cohn says many of the 35 songs give the show a "young, contemporary, sort of 'Glee' style - a pop sensibility." There are also traditional songs, funky dance numbers and tambourines involved in the production.
When asked about the religious nature of the performance, Michael Fletcher, Vice President of Entertainment for SeaWorld, says that while the story is biblical in nature, the "themes of faith, hope and comfort are very universal."
SeaWorld's Christmas Spectacular is included in regular park admission and runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through December 11 and nightly from December 16 through December 31. "O Wondrous Night" will be performed twice each evening the Christmas Spectacular is scheduled.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS