Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Orlando
Rooms | Recreation | Entertainment | Dining | Spa | Shopping | Location | Map
Rates and Reservations | Photos | Hotel Brochure
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Overview
Gaylord Palms Address
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa in Orlando is a total destination resort offering exceptional service, family entertainment, a Relâche spa and recreation.
Situated on 63 acres and a 5 minute drive to Walt Disney World, the 1,406-room Florida-themed resort features 115 suites, restaurants, lounges, unique shops, full-service spa, on-site child-care center and a variety of entertainment venues.
The signature architectural feature is the hotel’s massive 4.5-acre glass-enclosed atrium where guests will discover a variety of themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine, the Emerald Coast and the Everglades, plus a unique area designed in the grand style of 19th century Florida resorts, known as Emerald Bay. Fun Facts
- All rooms have wireless high speed internet access as well as a desktop computer, free of charge
- All rooms have refrigerators with daily replenishment of 2 bottles of water
- All rooms have safes with laptop charging ability
- All rooms have ceiling fans
- Book with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Atrium View Rooms: Available in Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Atrium View Room (Key West)
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Oversized themed guest rooms to mirror the ambience of a private residence with French-doored terraces overlooking the lush tropical gardens and water in the 4-1/2 acre signature Grand Atrium. Each elegantly appointed guest room includes a ceiling fan, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors.
The Atrium View room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with two queen beds will sleep 5 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Like the atrium, distinctive themes—Key West (above), St. Augustine, and Everglades (below) and Emerald Bay—characterize the guest rooms, all of which include wireless high-speed Internet access, safe and two phone lines, one of which is cordless. Oversized upgraded guest rooms elegantly decorated in Caribbean blue and sunny gold accents with walnut finish and crown molding. Each guest room include a ceiling fan, refrigerator, irons and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors, and terry robes with slippers. Emerald Bay is centrally located in the resort, which creates convenient access to all the resorts amenities.
The Emerald Bay room type offers choice of either two queen beds or one king bed. Room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Rooms are available for guests with special needs
including ramps and size/width requirements. All rooms
comply with the 1994 American Disabilities Act (ADA).
Pathways offer disabled access to all areas within
The new Clearwater Cove water activities playground features a zero-entry heated swimming pool, a water slide that looks like a gigantic octopus, water pop-jets, waterfalls and a sand beach play area that features playful sea horse waterspouts
The art deco-styled South Beach Pool reserved for the resort’s adult guests – ages 18 and over – is a quiet haven for sun lovers.
World-class golf is available at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club, located on Osceola Parkway, approximately one mile from the resort. The club offers individual play, golf lessons, corporate tournaments, clinics and schools on a beautiful 6,900-yard course designed by Rees Jones.
- Gaylord Palms is 5 minutes to Walt Disney World Resort – via Osceola Parkway
- Scheduled bus Transportation to and from all major Disney World theme parks and Downtown Disney included in your resort fee
- Sea World Adventure Park – 12 minutes via
International Drive or Interstate 4
- Universal Orlando – 15 minutes via International
Drive or Interstate 4
- Orlando International Airport – 20 minutes
via Osceola Parkway and S.R. 417 –
the Central Florida Green way
- Downtown Orlando – 20 minutes via Interstate
- Kissimmee-St. Cloud area attractions – minutes away
- Valet Parking - $20 Plus tax per night
- For transportation from Orlando Internationa Airport to Gaylord palms, we recommend using FL TOURS. One Way as low as $65.
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa provides a constant schedule of atmospheric entertainment embracing a wide variety of Florida-themed cultures, sounds and color that range from the pulsing Latin rhythms of South Florida to centuries-old drumbeats of historic St. Augustine. Not to mention the amazing environment you're surrounded in, that will lead you on hours of exploration!
Gaylord Palms is designed to represent the natural themes of the Sunshine State - all of which total 4 1/2 acres under our signature glass atrium. More Information | Map of Property
St. Augustine - Key West - Everglades - Emerald Bay
Enjoy the award-winning treatments of Central Florida's most luxurious spa experience. Relâche (pronounced ruh-losh) offers soothing massages, rejuvenating facials, relaxing body treatments and invigorating fitness options. This 25,000-square-foot European-inspired spa features 25 massage, body and skin care treatment suites; a full-service salon; and a fitness facility. Open daily.
Old Hickory Steakhouse, featuring an Everglades theme, offers the highest quality Premium Black Angus aged cuts and fresh seafood prepared using distinctive cooking methods. A multi-level aerial view of misty bogs and plant life native to the Florida Everglades makes this a unique dining experience. Sample an impressive cheese course of handmade artisanal cheeses. Inspired wine list. (Dinner)
Sora, featuring sushi served with South Beach flair. This small, but elegant venue sits in the main lobby and has that Miami Beach / Vegas ultra lounge feel. The restaurant is open on all sides and features beautiful modern booths and club chairs and a great bar. (Lunch, Dinner)
Sunset Sam’s Fish Camp (left), and it’s towering 60-foot sailboat, marks this “harbor of hip,” featuring a creative fusion of Floridian and Caribbean favorites and seafood prepared to your specifications. Sunset celebration nightly. (Lunch, Dinner)
Villa De Flora, a “European market” of food from the Mediterranean. Chefs in six kitchens prepare seasonal market-inspired creations from France, Italy, Greece and Spain. Wine list features Mediterranean offerings, including sangria. Breakfast includes coastal Mediterranean favorites and standard morning fare. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Auggie’s Jammin’ Piano Bar, Java Coast, Lobby Lounge, and South Beach Pool Bar add to the hotel’s unique drink and dining options.
A variety of specialty shops can be found throughout the resort. Browse through shops arranging from PGA Tour Shop – Haagen Dazs – specialty ice cream store.
- Details – women’s accessories and gifts by top designers
- Disney Gateway – Disney gifts and attraction tickets
- Duval St. Traders Palm Coast
- Marketplace News and Sundries – full-service gift shop featuring latest books, magazines, souvenirs, health and beauty aids
- PGA Tour Shop – best-selling golf apparel and merchandise
Kids Nite Out offers an in-room childcare service that customizes the experience based on the age of the child. Certified and insured staff members bring along a bag of age-appropriate books, games, and other toys, to ensure the sitting time is memorable for the child.
In-room childcare reservations can be made through Concierge or by calling 407.828.0920. There is a four-hour childcare minimum, and reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- How to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation - Now that your trip is booked, it's time to start the day-to-day planning so you can make the most out of your time at Walt Disney World!
- Cirque du Soleil dining package available - Purchase a ticket to the 6:00 performance of La Nouba and take advantage of this special package, which includes an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. The dinner package option is available at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe, Planet Hollywood and Splitsville Luxury Lanes.
- Rehab planned for Splash Mountain - The ride will be closed 1/4/2015 - 1/30/2015.
- "Disney's Behind the Magic of Our Steam Trains" tour will be closed this fall - This Magic Kingdom tour will be closed 9/29-11/7/14.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sweet Spells - Sunset Boulevard - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sweet Spells - Sunset Boulevard
- Carousel of Progress closes today for week-long rehab - The attraction will reopen on the 28th.
- A Guide to Drinking Around Epcot's World Showcase at Walt Disney World - One of the most popular things to do at Epcot’s World Showcase, you know aside from all that pesky learning and culture, is what’s called Drinking Around The World.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Sonny Eclipse - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Sonny Eclipse
- Festival of the Lion King celebrates 1 millionth guest in new theater - 1 million guests have attended the show since it opened in its new theater in June.
- Blog - Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival FAQ
- Prices for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces - This year's Festival runs from September 19 - November 10, 2014.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train onboard videos and photos available with Memory Maker - After riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a video and photos of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. These photos/video are only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Planet Hollywood's outside merchandise location has closed - This is due to construction. Merchandise is still available inside the restaurant or at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Handbag Round Up: Dooney & Bourke, Vera Bradley, & LeSportsac
- Top 4 Best Thrill Rides At Walt Disney World According to You - The list below is the “final four” of a series of polls tournament bracket style from the DIS Unplugged Facebook page.
- VIDEO: Drinks Around The World Epcot - Corey, Shaun and Craig finish the Drinks Around The World series with the ultimate challenge – drinking around Epcot’s World Showcase!
- Blog - Looking for something to do before your cruise? Visit the Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral
- Chase Lounge will return to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - This lounge offers Chase cardholders a place to relax, enjoy complimentary beverages and charging stations for their electronics.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon registration re-opened - Runners can now have the chance to sign up for the 1/2 Marathon, the full Marathon and/or the Goofy Challenge as part of the Goofy Giveback.
- A Simple Guide to Planning Your First Walt Disney World Vacation - Planning a trip to Walt Disney World and don't know where to start? I've simplified the process by suggesting some decisions that need to be made before others.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- New version of My Disney Experience app is available - Users can now check meet and greet wait times and view updated park maps. The method for linking park tickets and passes has also been improved.
- New Disney Vera Bradley pattern to be released September 19 - Disney Dreaming, the newest addition to the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley, will debut at Cherry Tree Lane in Downtown Disney's Marketplace Co-Op on September 19.
- Blog - Apple Pay is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort - What does it mean for the average Disney guest?
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Disney Cast Members - What is the one "tip" you can give us? - Don't have time to read a 89-page thread on the DISboards? We've summed up the highlights for you so you can find out cast members' best tips for guests!
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- L'Artisan des Glaces in France Pavilion introduces Pumpkin Spice ice cream - Pumpkin spice ice cream and pumpkin spice macaron ice cream sandwiches are now available for the fall season.
- Food & Wine Festival's Late Nights LIVE! now only available on Thursdays - The new event at Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival was originally scheduled to be held every Tuesday and Thursday during the Festival, but will now just take place on Thursdays.
- Last day for Maelstrom will be October 5 - The new Frozen attraction is expected to open in early 2016.
- Ticket discounts available for Cirque du Soleil La Nouba - Discounted tickets must be purchased by 9/22/14.
- Blog - A Walking Tour of Disney's Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World - Construction Update
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Crescent Lake Bridge - Crescent Lake - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Crescent Lake Bridge - Crescent Lake
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Photos at Walt Disney World - It’s a given fact that when you go on a Disney vacation you are going to take a ton of photos throughout your trip. Use these tips to make those photos the best they can be.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Fantasyland - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Fantasyland - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- 4 Ways to Make Magic for Other Guests at Walt Disney World - While visiting a Disney theme park, the Cast Members on the clock are tasked with doing their best to ‘make magic’ for as many Guests as possible. But, if you’re anything like my family, seeing others enjoy their time at a Disney park is sometimes just as satisfying as enjoying the parks yourselves.
- Crane now in place behind Cinderella Castle - The crane is now in place behind Cinderella Castle to install the Castle Dream Lights for the holiday season. The anticipated date for the crane removal is September 21.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Splash Mountain Bridge - Splash Mountain - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Splash Mountain Bridge - Splash Mountain
- Top 5 Hidden Gems at Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney’s Animal Kingdom is crawling with hidden details and overlooked attractions that most people would just walk right past. But there is so much more if you are willing to take a few moments to stop and really look at your surroundings.
- Ride the Comix! closes at DisneyQuest - This attraction is now closed and will allow for an expansion of the FoodQuest seating area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Japan Gallery - Spirited Beasts - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Japan Gallery - Spirited Beasts
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Club Cool - Fountain of Nations - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Club Cool - Fountain of Nations
- Disney Legend Tony Baxter added to D23 Destination D lineup - Baxter will present a panel featuring an in-depth tour of an expansion for Disneyland that never materialized.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Epcot Entrance - Leave A Legacy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Epcot Entrance - Leave A Legacy
- Blog - Frustrated At Walt Disney World? "LET IT GO"
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Resort celebrates its 40th anniversary - The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue marks its 40th anniversary after more than 37,000 dinner show performances at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Capt. Cook's - Capt. Cook's Seating Area - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Capt. Cook's - Capt. Cook's Seating Area
- Night of Joy completely sold out at Magic Kingdom - This hard-ticket event features contemporary Christian artists in concert for two nights. This year's event is completely sold out.
- Harmony Barber Shop will close for a month for refurb - The Magic Kingdom shop will be closed from 2/2/15 - 3/30/15.
- Frozen Sing-Along added to FastPass+ choices at Hollywood Studios - This is a Tier 2 FastPass+ choice.
- Time change for internal boat service at Downtown Disney - The red route previously closed at 11:30pm. It will now run until 2:00am.
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Magic Kingdom. This hard-ticket party allows guests to dress up in costumes, trick-or-treat throughout the park, and meet some characters in their costumes.
- Neil Patrick Harris, Isabella Rossellini and Blair Underwood added as Candlelight Processional narrators - There are still a few narrators left to be announced.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Blog - Back to School Disney Style: Great Merchandise Finds in the Parks
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Aulani honored by Fodor's Travel
- Studio Backlot Tour at Disney's Hollywood Studios closing September 27
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Plot details released for Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Protesters demonstrate outside SeaWorld Orlando
- Confirmed: Maelstrom to be replaced by FROZEN attraction
- SeaWorld, Universal and Epcot honored by Amusement Today
- Apple Pay to work at Walt Disney World
- Luxury villa community to be built near Orlando theme parks
- Fifth resort to open at Universal Orlando in Summer 2016