Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Orlando
Rooms | Recreation | Entertainment | Dining | Spa | Shopping | Location | Map
Rates and Reservations | Photos | Hotel Brochure
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Overview
Gaylord Palms Address
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa in Orlando is a total destination resort offering exceptional service, family entertainment, a Relâche spa and recreation.
Situated on 63 acres and a 5 minute drive to Walt Disney World, the 1,406-room Florida-themed resort features 115 suites, restaurants, lounges, unique shops, full-service spa, on-site child-care center and a variety of entertainment venues.
The signature architectural feature is the hotel’s massive 4.5-acre glass-enclosed atrium where guests will discover a variety of themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine, the Emerald Coast and the Everglades, plus a unique area designed in the grand style of 19th century Florida resorts, known as Emerald Bay. Fun Facts
- All rooms have wireless high speed internet access as well as a desktop computer, free of charge
- All rooms have refrigerators with daily replenishment of 2 bottles of water
- All rooms have safes with laptop charging ability
- All rooms have ceiling fans
- Book with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Atrium View Rooms: Available in Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Atrium View Room (Key West)
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Oversized themed guest rooms to mirror the ambience of a private residence with French-doored terraces overlooking the lush tropical gardens and water in the 4-1/2 acre signature Grand Atrium. Each elegantly appointed guest room includes a ceiling fan, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors.
The Atrium View room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with two queen beds will sleep 5 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Like the atrium, distinctive themes—Key West (above), St. Augustine, and Everglades (below) and Emerald Bay—characterize the guest rooms, all of which include wireless high-speed Internet access, safe and two phone lines, one of which is cordless. Oversized upgraded guest rooms elegantly decorated in Caribbean blue and sunny gold accents with walnut finish and crown molding. Each guest room include a ceiling fan, refrigerator, irons and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors, and terry robes with slippers. Emerald Bay is centrally located in the resort, which creates convenient access to all the resorts amenities.
The Emerald Bay room type offers choice of either two queen beds or one king bed. Room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Rooms are available for guests with special needs
including ramps and size/width requirements. All rooms
comply with the 1994 American Disabilities Act (ADA).
Pathways offer disabled access to all areas within
The new Clearwater Cove water activities playground features a zero-entry heated swimming pool, a water slide that looks like a gigantic octopus, water pop-jets, waterfalls and a sand beach play area that features playful sea horse waterspouts
The art deco-styled South Beach Pool reserved for the resort’s adult guests – ages 18 and over – is a quiet haven for sun lovers.
World-class golf is available at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club, located on Osceola Parkway, approximately one mile from the resort. The club offers individual play, golf lessons, corporate tournaments, clinics and schools on a beautiful 6,900-yard course designed by Rees Jones.
- Gaylord Palms is 5 minutes to Walt Disney World Resort – via Osceola Parkway
- Scheduled bus Transportation to and from all major Disney World theme parks and Downtown Disney included in your resort fee
- Sea World Adventure Park – 12 minutes via
International Drive or Interstate 4
- Universal Orlando – 15 minutes via International
Drive or Interstate 4
- Orlando International Airport – 20 minutes
via Osceola Parkway and S.R. 417 –
the Central Florida Green way
- Downtown Orlando – 20 minutes via Interstate
- Kissimmee-St. Cloud area attractions – minutes away
- Valet Parking - $20 Plus tax per night
- For transportation from Orlando Internationa Airport to Gaylord palms, we recommend using FL TOURS. One Way as low as $65.
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa provides a constant schedule of atmospheric entertainment embracing a wide variety of Florida-themed cultures, sounds and color that range from the pulsing Latin rhythms of South Florida to centuries-old drumbeats of historic St. Augustine. Not to mention the amazing environment you're surrounded in, that will lead you on hours of exploration!
Gaylord Palms is designed to represent the natural themes of the Sunshine State - all of which total 4 1/2 acres under our signature glass atrium. More Information | Map of Property
St. Augustine - Key West - Everglades - Emerald Bay
Enjoy the award-winning treatments of Central Florida's most luxurious spa experience. Relâche (pronounced ruh-losh) offers soothing massages, rejuvenating facials, relaxing body treatments and invigorating fitness options. This 25,000-square-foot European-inspired spa features 25 massage, body and skin care treatment suites; a full-service salon; and a fitness facility. Open daily.
Old Hickory Steakhouse, featuring an Everglades theme, offers the highest quality Premium Black Angus aged cuts and fresh seafood prepared using distinctive cooking methods. A multi-level aerial view of misty bogs and plant life native to the Florida Everglades makes this a unique dining experience. Sample an impressive cheese course of handmade artisanal cheeses. Inspired wine list. (Dinner)
Sora, featuring sushi served with South Beach flair. This small, but elegant venue sits in the main lobby and has that Miami Beach / Vegas ultra lounge feel. The restaurant is open on all sides and features beautiful modern booths and club chairs and a great bar. (Lunch, Dinner)
Sunset Sam’s Fish Camp (left), and it’s towering 60-foot sailboat, marks this “harbor of hip,” featuring a creative fusion of Floridian and Caribbean favorites and seafood prepared to your specifications. Sunset celebration nightly. (Lunch, Dinner)
Villa De Flora, a “European market” of food from the Mediterranean. Chefs in six kitchens prepare seasonal market-inspired creations from France, Italy, Greece and Spain. Wine list features Mediterranean offerings, including sangria. Breakfast includes coastal Mediterranean favorites and standard morning fare. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Auggie’s Jammin’ Piano Bar, Java Coast, Lobby Lounge, and South Beach Pool Bar add to the hotel’s unique drink and dining options.
A variety of specialty shops can be found throughout the resort. Browse through shops arranging from PGA Tour Shop – Haagen Dazs – specialty ice cream store.
- Details – women’s accessories and gifts by top designers
- Disney Gateway – Disney gifts and attraction tickets
- Duval St. Traders Palm Coast
- Marketplace News and Sundries – full-service gift shop featuring latest books, magazines, souvenirs, health and beauty aids
- PGA Tour Shop – best-selling golf apparel and merchandise
Kids Nite Out offers an in-room childcare service that customizes the experience based on the age of the child. Certified and insured staff members bring along a bag of age-appropriate books, games, and other toys, to ensure the sitting time is memorable for the child.
In-room childcare reservations can be made through Concierge or by calling 407.828.0920. There is a four-hour childcare minimum, and reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices will increase February 22 - The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced. Rumors are also that one-day Magic Kingdom tickets will increase to $105 and one-day tickets to the other theme parks will be priced at $99.
- Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 2/19/15 - Both the 5:15 and 8:15pm shows have been cancelled.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 2/18 and 2/19 - This is due to low temperatures in the area.
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 3: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 2: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Pose with an Oscar statuette at Disney's Hollywood Studios - During regular park hours in the Magic of Disney Animation building, guests can walk the red carpet and pose in front of the Oscars backdrop.
- Big Thunder Mountain refurb moves to April - This was originally scheduled to take place March 4-7, but is now scheduled for April 27-30.
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 1: Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Blog - Charlotte Olympia Launches Disney's Cinderella Collection
- Blog - Why I Wouldn't Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 2/15/15 - This is due to projected low temperatures in the Orlando area.
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 2/13 and 2/14 - The show is being cancelled due to the expected low temperatures.
- Blog - Upcoming Dooney & Bourke Releases at Walt Disney World
- New operating hours for Typhoon Lagoon's Shark Reef - This area opens 2 hours after park opening and closes one hour before park closing or 5:00pm, whichever is first.
- Reservations to be accepted at Be Our Guest beginning Feb. 25 - Reservations will be available for lunch beginning February 25, both by phone and on MyDisneyExperience. If using MyDisneyExperience, you will have the option to pre-order your food and drinks.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 2/5-2/6 for cold temps - Blizzard Beach is currently closed for its annual scheduled maintenance.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update Part II
- What to Do When You Can't Get into Beaches and Cream
- The Business of Magic: 2015 Food Prices
- Trolley Car Cafe, Hollywood Studios' new Starbucks, to open February 3 - The Cafe is located on Hollywood Blvd in a space previously used as a retail store.
- July 2015 Walt Disney World Park Hours
- Blog - Discovering "The Bare Necessities" of Disney Life Between Disney Vacations
- February Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings - Disney artists regularly make appearances around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast moves to Artist Point for 2 days - The Whispering Canyon Cafe's breakfast will be served in Artist Point on 2/5/15 and 2/12/15 due to work in the hotel's lobby. The full breakfast menu, except for pancakes, will be available.
- Modified routes for the monorail in February and early March - Modified routes will take place February 3-5, 9-12, 23-26 and March 2-5 from 11am-7pm.
- 2015 Night of Joy entertainers announced - Night of Joy will be held at the Magic Kingdom on September 11 - 12, 2015.
- Blog - Do You Own the Space Above You in a Theme Park?
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices to increase in February - Rumors are that ticket prices will go up in mid-February. The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced.
- Blog - INTERVIEW – Billy Magnussen: The 'Other Prince' in Into The Wood
- Running the Parks Part 3 - Disney Running Resources - In this post I discuss some of the resources I have found to be most useful when doing research for a Disney running vacation.
- Take a baby to a Disney theme park? Are you nuts?
- List of restaurants and retailers coming to The Landing at Disney Springs - The first phase of Disney Springs will open in Spring 2015.
- Annual Passholder mini golf discount drops to 15% - Previously the discount had been 50% off of miniature golf.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update
- Splitsville to feature live bands on Saturday nights - Every Saturday, 9:00pm-12:30am, a live band will take the stage in the Bullet Bar for a free concert.
- Kali River Rapids begins 2-week rehab - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed through February 2.
- Blog - Disney & Starbucks Bring New Mug Collection to Stores
- Polynesian DVC Resort can soon be booked by general public - Beginning February 11, these can be booked by the general public when they are not in use by DVC members. The bungalows will have limited availability.
- Downtown Disney internal boats will not stop at Pleasure Island - They will only run between the Marketplace and West Side.
- Blog - Disney asks Court to Dismiss "Absurd" Frozen Copyright Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Backlot Express - Star Tours - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Backlot Express - Star Tours
- Dates announced for 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - The Festival will be held September 25-November 16, 2015.
- Epcot Flower Power Concerts renamed "Garden Rocks Concert Series" - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be held March 4-May 17.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake January 5, 2014 - Afternoon
- Happy 40th birthday to Space Mountain! - Along with Carousel of Progress, this Magic Kingdom attraction opened on January 15, 1975.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat
- Blog - 1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released