Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Orlando
Rooms | Recreation | Entertainment | Dining | Spa | Shopping | Location | Map
Rates and Reservations | Photos | Hotel Brochure
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Overview
Gaylord Palms Address
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa in Orlando is a total destination resort offering exceptional service, family entertainment, a Relâche spa and recreation.
Situated on 63 acres and a 5 minute drive to Walt Disney World, the 1,406-room Florida-themed resort features 115 suites, restaurants, lounges, unique shops, full-service spa, on-site child-care center and a variety of entertainment venues.
The signature architectural feature is the hotel’s massive 4.5-acre glass-enclosed atrium where guests will discover a variety of themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine, the Emerald Coast and the Everglades, plus a unique area designed in the grand style of 19th century Florida resorts, known as Emerald Bay. Fun Facts
- All rooms have wireless high speed internet access as well as a desktop computer, free of charge
- All rooms have refrigerators with daily replenishment of 2 bottles of water
- All rooms have safes with laptop charging ability
- All rooms have ceiling fans
- Book with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Atrium View Rooms: Available in Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Atrium View Room (Key West)
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Oversized themed guest rooms to mirror the ambience of a private residence with French-doored terraces overlooking the lush tropical gardens and water in the 4-1/2 acre signature Grand Atrium. Each elegantly appointed guest room includes a ceiling fan, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors.
The Atrium View room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with two queen beds will sleep 5 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Like the atrium, distinctive themes—Key West (above), St. Augustine, and Everglades (below) and Emerald Bay—characterize the guest rooms, all of which include wireless high-speed Internet access, safe and two phone lines, one of which is cordless. Oversized upgraded guest rooms elegantly decorated in Caribbean blue and sunny gold accents with walnut finish and crown molding. Each guest room include a ceiling fan, refrigerator, irons and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors, and terry robes with slippers. Emerald Bay is centrally located in the resort, which creates convenient access to all the resorts amenities.
The Emerald Bay room type offers choice of either two queen beds or one king bed. Room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Rooms are available for guests with special needs
including ramps and size/width requirements. All rooms
comply with the 1994 American Disabilities Act (ADA).
Pathways offer disabled access to all areas within
The new Clearwater Cove water activities playground features a zero-entry heated swimming pool, a water slide that looks like a gigantic octopus, water pop-jets, waterfalls and a sand beach play area that features playful sea horse waterspouts
The art deco-styled South Beach Pool reserved for the resort’s adult guests – ages 18 and over – is a quiet haven for sun lovers.
World-class golf is available at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club, located on Osceola Parkway, approximately one mile from the resort. The club offers individual play, golf lessons, corporate tournaments, clinics and schools on a beautiful 6,900-yard course designed by Rees Jones.
- Gaylord Palms is 5 minutes to Walt Disney World Resort – via Osceola Parkway
- Scheduled bus Transportation to and from all major Disney World theme parks and Downtown Disney included in your resort fee
- Sea World Adventure Park – 12 minutes via
International Drive or Interstate 4
- Universal Orlando – 15 minutes via International
Drive or Interstate 4
- Orlando International Airport – 20 minutes
via Osceola Parkway and S.R. 417 –
the Central Florida Green way
- Downtown Orlando – 20 minutes via Interstate
- Kissimmee-St. Cloud area attractions – minutes away
- Valet Parking - $20 Plus tax per night
- For transportation from Orlando Internationa Airport to Gaylord palms, we recommend using FL TOURS. One Way as low as $65.
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa provides a constant schedule of atmospheric entertainment embracing a wide variety of Florida-themed cultures, sounds and color that range from the pulsing Latin rhythms of South Florida to centuries-old drumbeats of historic St. Augustine. Not to mention the amazing environment you're surrounded in, that will lead you on hours of exploration!
Gaylord Palms is designed to represent the natural themes of the Sunshine State - all of which total 4 1/2 acres under our signature glass atrium. More Information | Map of Property
St. Augustine - Key West - Everglades - Emerald Bay
Enjoy the award-winning treatments of Central Florida's most luxurious spa experience. Relâche (pronounced ruh-losh) offers soothing massages, rejuvenating facials, relaxing body treatments and invigorating fitness options. This 25,000-square-foot European-inspired spa features 25 massage, body and skin care treatment suites; a full-service salon; and a fitness facility. Open daily.
Old Hickory Steakhouse, featuring an Everglades theme, offers the highest quality Premium Black Angus aged cuts and fresh seafood prepared using distinctive cooking methods. A multi-level aerial view of misty bogs and plant life native to the Florida Everglades makes this a unique dining experience. Sample an impressive cheese course of handmade artisanal cheeses. Inspired wine list. (Dinner)
Sora, featuring sushi served with South Beach flair. This small, but elegant venue sits in the main lobby and has that Miami Beach / Vegas ultra lounge feel. The restaurant is open on all sides and features beautiful modern booths and club chairs and a great bar. (Lunch, Dinner)
Sunset Sam’s Fish Camp (left), and it’s towering 60-foot sailboat, marks this “harbor of hip,” featuring a creative fusion of Floridian and Caribbean favorites and seafood prepared to your specifications. Sunset celebration nightly. (Lunch, Dinner)
Villa De Flora, a “European market” of food from the Mediterranean. Chefs in six kitchens prepare seasonal market-inspired creations from France, Italy, Greece and Spain. Wine list features Mediterranean offerings, including sangria. Breakfast includes coastal Mediterranean favorites and standard morning fare. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Auggie’s Jammin’ Piano Bar, Java Coast, Lobby Lounge, and South Beach Pool Bar add to the hotel’s unique drink and dining options.
A variety of specialty shops can be found throughout the resort. Browse through shops arranging from PGA Tour Shop – Haagen Dazs – specialty ice cream store.
- Details – women’s accessories and gifts by top designers
- Disney Gateway – Disney gifts and attraction tickets
- Duval St. Traders Palm Coast
- Marketplace News and Sundries – full-service gift shop featuring latest books, magazines, souvenirs, health and beauty aids
- PGA Tour Shop – best-selling golf apparel and merchandise
Kids Nite Out offers an in-room childcare service that customizes the experience based on the age of the child. Certified and insured staff members bring along a bag of age-appropriate books, games, and other toys, to ensure the sitting time is memorable for the child.
In-room childcare reservations can be made through Concierge or by calling 407.828.0920. There is a four-hour childcare minimum, and reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees