Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Orlando
Rooms | Recreation | Entertainment | Dining | Spa | Shopping | Location | Map
Rates and Reservations | Photos | Hotel Brochure
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Overview
Gaylord Palms Address
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa in Orlando is a total destination resort offering exceptional service, family entertainment, a Relâche spa and recreation.
Situated on 63 acres and a 5 minute drive to Walt Disney World, the 1,406-room Florida-themed resort features 115 suites, restaurants, lounges, unique shops, full-service spa, on-site child-care center and a variety of entertainment venues.
The signature architectural feature is the hotel’s massive 4.5-acre glass-enclosed atrium where guests will discover a variety of themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine, the Emerald Coast and the Everglades, plus a unique area designed in the grand style of 19th century Florida resorts, known as Emerald Bay. Fun Facts
- All rooms have wireless high speed internet access as well as a desktop computer, free of charge
- All rooms have refrigerators with daily replenishment of 2 bottles of water
- All rooms have safes with laptop charging ability
- All rooms have ceiling fans
- Book with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Atrium View Rooms: Available in Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Atrium View Room (Key West)
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Oversized themed guest rooms to mirror the ambience of a private residence with French-doored terraces overlooking the lush tropical gardens and water in the 4-1/2 acre signature Grand Atrium. Each elegantly appointed guest room includes a ceiling fan, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors.
The Atrium View room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with two queen beds will sleep 5 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Like the atrium, distinctive themes—Key West (above), St. Augustine, and Everglades (below) and Emerald Bay—characterize the guest rooms, all of which include wireless high-speed Internet access, safe and two phone lines, one of which is cordless. Oversized upgraded guest rooms elegantly decorated in Caribbean blue and sunny gold accents with walnut finish and crown molding. Each guest room include a ceiling fan, refrigerator, irons and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors, and terry robes with slippers. Emerald Bay is centrally located in the resort, which creates convenient access to all the resorts amenities.
The Emerald Bay room type offers choice of either two queen beds or one king bed. Room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Rooms are available for guests with special needs
including ramps and size/width requirements. All rooms
comply with the 1994 American Disabilities Act (ADA).
Pathways offer disabled access to all areas within
The new Clearwater Cove water activities playground features a zero-entry heated swimming pool, a water slide that looks like a gigantic octopus, water pop-jets, waterfalls and a sand beach play area that features playful sea horse waterspouts
The art deco-styled South Beach Pool reserved for the resort’s adult guests – ages 18 and over – is a quiet haven for sun lovers.
World-class golf is available at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club, located on Osceola Parkway, approximately one mile from the resort. The club offers individual play, golf lessons, corporate tournaments, clinics and schools on a beautiful 6,900-yard course designed by Rees Jones.
- Gaylord Palms is 5 minutes to Walt Disney World Resort – via Osceola Parkway
- Scheduled bus Transportation to and from all major Disney World theme parks and Downtown Disney included in your resort fee
- Sea World Adventure Park – 12 minutes via
International Drive or Interstate 4
- Universal Orlando – 15 minutes via International
Drive or Interstate 4
- Orlando International Airport – 20 minutes
via Osceola Parkway and S.R. 417 –
the Central Florida Green way
- Downtown Orlando – 20 minutes via Interstate
- Kissimmee-St. Cloud area attractions – minutes away
- Valet Parking - $20 Plus tax per night
- For transportation from Orlando Internationa Airport to Gaylord palms, we recommend using FL TOURS. One Way as low as $65.
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa provides a constant schedule of atmospheric entertainment embracing a wide variety of Florida-themed cultures, sounds and color that range from the pulsing Latin rhythms of South Florida to centuries-old drumbeats of historic St. Augustine. Not to mention the amazing environment you're surrounded in, that will lead you on hours of exploration!
Gaylord Palms is designed to represent the natural themes of the Sunshine State - all of which total 4 1/2 acres under our signature glass atrium. More Information | Map of Property
St. Augustine - Key West - Everglades - Emerald Bay
Enjoy the award-winning treatments of Central Florida's most luxurious spa experience. Relâche (pronounced ruh-losh) offers soothing massages, rejuvenating facials, relaxing body treatments and invigorating fitness options. This 25,000-square-foot European-inspired spa features 25 massage, body and skin care treatment suites; a full-service salon; and a fitness facility. Open daily.
Old Hickory Steakhouse, featuring an Everglades theme, offers the highest quality Premium Black Angus aged cuts and fresh seafood prepared using distinctive cooking methods. A multi-level aerial view of misty bogs and plant life native to the Florida Everglades makes this a unique dining experience. Sample an impressive cheese course of handmade artisanal cheeses. Inspired wine list. (Dinner)
Sora, featuring sushi served with South Beach flair. This small, but elegant venue sits in the main lobby and has that Miami Beach / Vegas ultra lounge feel. The restaurant is open on all sides and features beautiful modern booths and club chairs and a great bar. (Lunch, Dinner)
Sunset Sam’s Fish Camp (left), and it’s towering 60-foot sailboat, marks this “harbor of hip,” featuring a creative fusion of Floridian and Caribbean favorites and seafood prepared to your specifications. Sunset celebration nightly. (Lunch, Dinner)
Villa De Flora, a “European market” of food from the Mediterranean. Chefs in six kitchens prepare seasonal market-inspired creations from France, Italy, Greece and Spain. Wine list features Mediterranean offerings, including sangria. Breakfast includes coastal Mediterranean favorites and standard morning fare. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Auggie’s Jammin’ Piano Bar, Java Coast, Lobby Lounge, and South Beach Pool Bar add to the hotel’s unique drink and dining options.
A variety of specialty shops can be found throughout the resort. Browse through shops arranging from PGA Tour Shop – Haagen Dazs – specialty ice cream store.
- Details – women’s accessories and gifts by top designers
- Disney Gateway – Disney gifts and attraction tickets
- Duval St. Traders Palm Coast
- Marketplace News and Sundries – full-service gift shop featuring latest books, magazines, souvenirs, health and beauty aids
- PGA Tour Shop – best-selling golf apparel and merchandise
Kids Nite Out offers an in-room childcare service that customizes the experience based on the age of the child. Certified and insured staff members bring along a bag of age-appropriate books, games, and other toys, to ensure the sitting time is memorable for the child.
In-room childcare reservations can be made through Concierge or by calling 407.828.0920. There is a four-hour childcare minimum, and reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013