Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Orlando
Rooms | Recreation | Entertainment | Dining | Spa | Shopping | Location | Map
Rates and Reservations | Photos | Hotel Brochure
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa Overview
Gaylord Palms Address
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa in Orlando is a total destination resort offering exceptional service, family entertainment, a Relâche spa and recreation.
Situated on 63 acres and a 5 minute drive to Walt Disney World, the 1,406-room Florida-themed resort features 115 suites, restaurants, lounges, unique shops, full-service spa, on-site child-care center and a variety of entertainment venues.
The signature architectural feature is the hotel’s massive 4.5-acre glass-enclosed atrium where guests will discover a variety of themed environments that depict such popular Florida destinations as Key West, St. Augustine, the Emerald Coast and the Everglades, plus a unique area designed in the grand style of 19th century Florida resorts, known as Emerald Bay. Fun Facts
- All rooms have wireless high speed internet access as well as a desktop computer, free of charge
- All rooms have refrigerators with daily replenishment of 2 bottles of water
- All rooms have safes with laptop charging ability
- All rooms have ceiling fans
- Book with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Atrium View Rooms: Available in Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Atrium View Room (Key West)
Atrium View Room (St. Augustine)
Oversized themed guest rooms to mirror the ambience of a private residence with French-doored terraces overlooking the lush tropical gardens and water in the 4-1/2 acre signature Grand Atrium. Each elegantly appointed guest room includes a ceiling fan, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors.
The Atrium View room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with two queen beds will sleep 5 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Like the atrium, distinctive themes—Key West (above), St. Augustine, and Everglades (below) and Emerald Bay—characterize the guest rooms, all of which include wireless high-speed Internet access, safe and two phone lines, one of which is cordless. Oversized upgraded guest rooms elegantly decorated in Caribbean blue and sunny gold accents with walnut finish and crown molding. Each guest room include a ceiling fan, refrigerator, irons and ironing board, in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, integrated doorbell, in room computer with high speed internet access, in-room safe, 2 bottles of water replenished daily. Bathrooms offer Saltillo tile floors, double granite topped sinks, 100% Egyptian cotton rugs, full length and magnifying makeup mirrors, and terry robes with slippers. Emerald Bay is centrally located in the resort, which creates convenient access to all the resorts amenities.
The Emerald Bay room type offers choice of either two queen beds or one king bed. Room with two queen beds will sleep 4 comfortably with a rollaway available at $30.00 additional per night if a 5th person is in the room. Room with one king bed will sleep 3 maximum with a $30.00 per night fee for Rollaway, if needed.
Rooms are available for guests with special needs
including ramps and size/width requirements. All rooms
comply with the 1994 American Disabilities Act (ADA).
Pathways offer disabled access to all areas within
The new Clearwater Cove water activities playground features a zero-entry heated swimming pool, a water slide that looks like a gigantic octopus, water pop-jets, waterfalls and a sand beach play area that features playful sea horse waterspouts
The art deco-styled South Beach Pool reserved for the resort’s adult guests – ages 18 and over – is a quiet haven for sun lovers.
World-class golf is available at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club, located on Osceola Parkway, approximately one mile from the resort. The club offers individual play, golf lessons, corporate tournaments, clinics and schools on a beautiful 6,900-yard course designed by Rees Jones.
- Gaylord Palms is 5 minutes to Walt Disney World Resort – via Osceola Parkway
- Scheduled bus Transportation to and from all major Disney World theme parks and Downtown Disney included in your resort fee
- Sea World Adventure Park – 12 minutes via
International Drive or Interstate 4
- Universal Orlando – 15 minutes via International
Drive or Interstate 4
- Orlando International Airport – 20 minutes
via Osceola Parkway and S.R. 417 –
the Central Florida Green way
- Downtown Orlando – 20 minutes via Interstate
- Kissimmee-St. Cloud area attractions – minutes away
- Valet Parking - $20 Plus tax per night
- For transportation from Orlando Internationa Airport to Gaylord palms, we recommend using FL TOURS. One Way as low as $65.
Gaylord Palms Resort and Spa provides a constant schedule of atmospheric entertainment embracing a wide variety of Florida-themed cultures, sounds and color that range from the pulsing Latin rhythms of South Florida to centuries-old drumbeats of historic St. Augustine. Not to mention the amazing environment you're surrounded in, that will lead you on hours of exploration!
Gaylord Palms is designed to represent the natural themes of the Sunshine State - all of which total 4 1/2 acres under our signature glass atrium. More Information | Map of Property
St. Augustine - Key West - Everglades - Emerald Bay
Enjoy the award-winning treatments of Central Florida's most luxurious spa experience. Relâche (pronounced ruh-losh) offers soothing massages, rejuvenating facials, relaxing body treatments and invigorating fitness options. This 25,000-square-foot European-inspired spa features 25 massage, body and skin care treatment suites; a full-service salon; and a fitness facility. Open daily.
Old Hickory Steakhouse, featuring an Everglades theme, offers the highest quality Premium Black Angus aged cuts and fresh seafood prepared using distinctive cooking methods. A multi-level aerial view of misty bogs and plant life native to the Florida Everglades makes this a unique dining experience. Sample an impressive cheese course of handmade artisanal cheeses. Inspired wine list. (Dinner)
Sora, featuring sushi served with South Beach flair. This small, but elegant venue sits in the main lobby and has that Miami Beach / Vegas ultra lounge feel. The restaurant is open on all sides and features beautiful modern booths and club chairs and a great bar. (Lunch, Dinner)
Sunset Sam’s Fish Camp (left), and it’s towering 60-foot sailboat, marks this “harbor of hip,” featuring a creative fusion of Floridian and Caribbean favorites and seafood prepared to your specifications. Sunset celebration nightly. (Lunch, Dinner)
Villa De Flora, a “European market” of food from the Mediterranean. Chefs in six kitchens prepare seasonal market-inspired creations from France, Italy, Greece and Spain. Wine list features Mediterranean offerings, including sangria. Breakfast includes coastal Mediterranean favorites and standard morning fare. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Auggie’s Jammin’ Piano Bar, Java Coast, Lobby Lounge, and South Beach Pool Bar add to the hotel’s unique drink and dining options.
A variety of specialty shops can be found throughout the resort. Browse through shops arranging from PGA Tour Shop – Haagen Dazs – specialty ice cream store.
- Details – women’s accessories and gifts by top designers
- Disney Gateway – Disney gifts and attraction tickets
- Duval St. Traders Palm Coast
- Marketplace News and Sundries – full-service gift shop featuring latest books, magazines, souvenirs, health and beauty aids
- PGA Tour Shop – best-selling golf apparel and merchandise
Kids Nite Out offers an in-room childcare service that customizes the experience based on the age of the child. Certified and insured staff members bring along a bag of age-appropriate books, games, and other toys, to ensure the sitting time is memorable for the child.
In-room childcare reservations can be made through Concierge or by calling 407.828.0920. There is a four-hour childcare minimum, and reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Blog - Do You Own the Space Above You in a Theme Park?
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 1/28 - The water park is closed due to projected cold temperatures. Blizzard Beach is also closed for its annually scheduled maintenance.
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 1/27 - The show is cancelled due to projected cold temperatures.
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices to increase in February - Rumors are that ticket prices will go up in mid-February. The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced.
- Blog - INTERVIEW – Billy Magnussen: The 'Other Prince' in Into The Wood
- Running the Parks Part 3 - Disney Running Resources - In this post I discuss some of the resources I have found to be most useful when doing research for a Disney running vacation.
- Take a baby to a Disney theme park? Are you nuts?
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 1/24-1/25 for cold temps - The highs are projected to be in the 60s.
- List of restaurants and retailers coming to The Landing at Disney Springs - The first phase of Disney Springs will open in Spring 2015.
- Annual Passholder mini golf discount drops to 15% - Previously the discount had been 50% off of miniature golf.
- Liberty Square Riverboat closes for 4 day refurb - This attraction will reopen 1/27/2015 and then be closed again 8/4/ - 8/10/2015.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update
- Splitsville to feature live bands on Saturday nights - Every Saturday, 9:00pm-12:30am, a live band will take the stage in the Bullet Bar for a free concert.
- Kali River Rapids begins 2-week rehab - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed through February 2.
- Blog - Disney & Starbucks Bring New Mug Collection to Stores
- Polynesian DVC Resort can soon be booked by general public - Beginning February 11, these can be booked by the general public when they are not in use by DVC members. The bungalows will have limited availability.
- Downtown Disney internal boats will not stop at Pleasure Island - They will only run between the Marketplace and West Side.
- Blog - Disney asks Court to Dismiss "Absurd" Frozen Copyright Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Backlot Express - Star Tours - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Backlot Express - Star Tours
- Dates announced for 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - The Festival will be held September 25-November 16, 2015.
- Epcot Flower Power Concerts renamed "Garden Rocks Concert Series" - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be held March 4-May 17.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake January 5, 2014 - Afternoon
- Happy 40th birthday to Space Mountain! - Along with Carousel of Progress, this Magic Kingdom attraction opened on January 15, 1975.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat
- Happy 40th birthday to the Carousel of Progress! - The Carousel of Progress opened on January 15, 1975 at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
- Blog - 1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update
- 2015 Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic to be held October 30-31 - This is the 6th annual event for the resort.
- New FastPass+ parade and fireworks viewing areas for the Magic Kingdom - The parade can now be viewed from Town Square and the fireworks will soon be viewed from the new Main Street Plaza Gardens.
- Food Truck Takeover at Downtown Disney - The Superstar Catering Food Truck will be taken over by the Trattoria al Forno chefs to feature three of their most popular dishes.
- DVC Point Charts for Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - The first phase of the property will open April 1.
- Crane now in place behind Cinderella Castle through 2/21/15 - The crane will be taking down the lights used to decorate the castle for the holidays.
- Flame Tree Barbecue favorites moving to other locations during rehab - Flame Tree Barbecue will be closed for rehab through 3/31/15.
- Preview of Cinderella film and her coach coming to Hollywood Studios - Guests can experience an exclusive sneak peek of the new film Cinderella, plus see her golden coach parked outside the theater.
- Downtown Disney Cool Down Party for marathon racers - Runners can attend the Downtown Disney Cool Down Party from 2-8pm on January 11, 2015 and enjoy DJ dance parties, entertainment, special merchandise and discounts throughout Downtown Disney (show your finishers medal for discounts).
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 1/7 and 1/8 - The later show will be cancelled due to projected low temperatures.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 1/7-1/9 for cold temps - The water park will be closed due to projected low temperatures.
- Blog - Sunglass Hut Opening in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland
- Modified monorail schedule for the upcoming week - The schedule has been modified due to the Walt Disney World Marathon.
- Magic Kingdom hours extended 1/6 and 1/7 - The park will remain open until 9:00pm instead of the originally scheduled 8:00pm.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room - The Magic Behind Walt Disney's Tropical Hideaway
- Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Frozen Funland now closed - This was part of the Frozen Summer Fun event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Ticket specials available for Cirque du Soleil - Discounted tickets are available for performances Tuesday through Saturday nights from 1/20/15 - 3/28/15.
- Florida residents can save up to 35% on a room only reservation - Discount is valid for stays most nights 1/3/15 - 3/28/15.
- Eating Around the World in Epcot - A brief tour of snacking in the World Showcase.
- Running the Parks Part 2: Touring the Parks While Running the Parks
- Frozen Holiday Wish to return from 1/3-1/12 - The show will take place at 6:30pm.
- New Animal Kingdom tour to replace Backstage Safari - The new tour, Backstage Tales, will go more in depth than the previous tour.
- Blog - 2015: Epcot Rings It In Right
- Top 5 DIS Unplugged Podcasts for 2014 - 2014 was a great year for the DIS Unplugged podcast - we celebrated our 8th anniversary, we produced more than 100 episodes of the show, as well as more than 200 supporting videos - but there were certain shows that really seemed to strike a chord with our audience.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan updated - The Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants have been finalized.
- Several rehabs planned for Magic Kingdom this spring - it's a small world, Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain will all be down for refurbishment.
- "Kid-sized" package offer available for Walt Disney World - Families of 3 will save when booking a package for stays select nights 4/12/15 - 5/28/15.
- Save up to 30% with a Room Only offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Save up to 30% when you book by 2/16/15 for stays most nights 3/2-6/15/15. Save up to 25% when you book from 2/17-3/18/15 for stays most nights 3/2-6/15/15.
- January and February reservations now open for IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Blog - The Top 10 Ornaments for 2014 at Walt Disney World
- Test the Limits Lab at Innoventions closing 1/6/15 - The attraction's sponsorship has ended.
- Island Supply Sunglass Hut to open in Magic Kingdom on January 8 - Island Supply will be reopening on January 8 as the Island Supply Sunglass Hut, selling high-end sunglasses.
- Walt Disney World New Year's Eve information - The parks will have extended hours, plus holiday entertainment.
- Blog - Disney's Best Christmas Movies, TV Specials and Shorts - Part 3
- Atlanta Braves spring training schedule at ESPN Wide World of Sports - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training.
- January merchandise events and signings at Walt Disney World - List of artist appearances around Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disney's Best Christmas Movies, TV Specials and Shorts - Part 2
- Free transportation deal offered at Aulani - Book a 4-night or longer stay at Aulani and receive free round-trip transportation from the airport, as well as a free 1-day mid-size Alamo car rental!
- Traveling With Kids Part 3 - Baggage - Packing to travel with kids can be a monumental task. This article will focus on Baggage - tips and hints for the packing process.
- A fond look back at Epcot's Lights of Winter - The Lights of Winter started for the Christmas season back in 1994 and the last display was in 2008.
- Blog - Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World debuts new lobby
- Perfectly Prepared Princess Package available at Ivy Trellis Salon - From January 8, 2015 through March, young princesses can get a princess hairdo, glitter and tiara for $50 and add princess makeup for $25. For $90, choose hair, makeup and manicure.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released