Disney's Polynesian Resort is in the middle of a long remodeling project, set to be finished sometime in 2015. The name has been changed to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, the name that it held at opening in 1971. A complete remodel of the lobby is underway, with the waterfall to be removed and all new decor to be added. Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, a version of the popular interactive lounge at the Disneyland Hotel, will be added. A new food and beverage location, Pineapple Lanai, serves Dole Whips and opened in August 2014.
See More Polynesian Village Resort Concept Art The Nanea Volcano pool will be expanded to add a new aquatic playground with children's slides, a hot tub and larger deck with additional seating. The Club Disney activity center replaced the Never Land Club and is the perfect place for little vacationers to have fun while their parents enjoy a night out. Kids age 3-12 can play dress-up, read stories and make crafts in the club, surrounded by decor inspired by Disney Little Golden Books like "Alice in Wonderland," "Pinocchio," and "Lady and The Tramp."
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Address:
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 824-2000
Fax: (407) 824-3174
Maximum persons per room: 4 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 853
Room size: 409 Sq Ft. (average)
Maximum Occupancy: 5
Price per night: Resort Rates
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Overview
The Polynesian is one of the original resorts Disney World opened in 1971. The tropical theme is timeless and it remains one of Disney's most popular destinations. For a great blog on the history of the resort, click here.
The Polynesian Resort is located on the beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon. This prized locale makes it perfect for viewing the Magic Kingdom fireworks, the nightly Electrical Water Pageant or for simply gazing at Cinderella's Castle.
When you arrive at the Polynesian, you'll head to the Great Ceremonial House, the resort's main reception area. This bit of paradise has a 3 story high atrium with cascading waterfalls and 75 varieties of tropical and subtropical plants.
The theming continues throughout the grounds of the resort with white sand beaches, torch lit walkways, lush landscaping, waterfalls, koi ponds and longhouses fashioned after South Pacific lodges. The guest rooms are located in outbuildings with such exotic names as Tonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu, Hawaii, Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga, Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui.
For dining, you can choose one of two full serve restaurants, a counter serve spot or you can enjoy the Polynesian Luau dinner show.
The volcano themed pool at the Polynesian is the perfect spot to cool off or you can head to the marina and rent a watercraft to enhance your stay.
Another appeal of the Polynesian is its location on the Monorail track. Within minutes you'll be whisked to Disney's Magic Kingdom.
If being transported to a tropical isle is on your wishlist, the Polynesian is the perfect choice.
- Barefoot Pool Bar
- Captain Cook's Snack Co.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Luau Cove
- Kona Cafe
- Kona Island
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
- Pineapple Lanai
- Tambu Lounge
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Luau Dinner Show)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is located at Disney's Polynesian
Village Resort in the Luau Cove located just off the beach in a
newly renovated covered, open-air theater. Please note that
show will only cancel for temperatures falling below 50
The show is hostessed each evening by Auntie Wini, who has invited the whole neighborhood for a celebration to welcome home one of the local girls that has been away. The Aloha Dinner Show features music and dances of the cultures of Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand and Hawaii, which will be presented while guests dine on a feast that is inspired by the flavors of Polynesia.
The themed island feast is served family-style, and will feature chicken drumsticks, pork, fresh catch of the day, Polynesian Island rice, fresh sauteed seasonal vegetables, dinner rolls and a Volcano Dessert specialty. If you have special dietary requests they will be honored with a 24 hour advance notice by the guest. Beverages will include a bottomless beer, wine, tropical rum punch, sodas, coffee and tea. Other alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the full bar separetely. Dress is casual and shorts are ok at this show.
'Ohana restaurant is located on the second
level of the Great Ceremonial House.
It is open
for breakfast (Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch) from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and for
dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (with last dinner
seating at 9:40pm). The Polynesian's tropical setting is the perfect match for Lilo and Stitch. These loveable characters are joined by Mickey and Pluto in visiting you while you dine. Have your camera ready to capture every smile.
Dinner at 'Ohana is an interactive experience where all of the other guests are your "cousins". Don't be surprised to see a coconut race going on! Meals are prepared in a huge open-pit. The delicious offerings here include long skewers of fire roasted grilled meats with specialties like Hawaiian Chicken, Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Mesquite Beef Tenderloin, and Turkey Tenderloin, as well as fresh seafood of the day. The dessert of pineapple and caramel sauce is to die for!
The Kona Café offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes the famous Tonga Toast, fresh fruit and juices, Eggs Benedict and a host of other delicious offerings. For lunch, an assortment of soups, salads and sandwiches can be topped off with yummy desserts like Ko Ko Puffs, Turtle Brownie Tarts or Haupia Strawberry Shortcake. A variety of fresh fish dishes, pastas such as Sesame Chicken Fettucini, Prime Rib and Barbecued Shrimp are some of the culinary delights that are offered on the dinner menu. Some of the best coffee on property can also be found here in the restaurant and just outside it at the coffee stand.
Cook's is a quick service eatery located on the first
floor of the Great Ceremonial House and is open
24 hours a day (however, the grill closes at 11pm).
Here you'll find sandwiches,
flatbreads, and salads.
Pineapple Lanai is the only location at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort to get the famed Dole Whip dessert. This stand is located in a small courtyard outside the lobby doors, on the way to the pool. Pineapple Dole Whips are available along with Vanilla soft-serve and the popular Dole Whip Floats. The Dole Whips are also available in a souvenir tiki bowl.
Full room service is available from 6:30 a.m. to midnight.
For breakfast, fill out the card found in your room, and hang it on the doorknob outside before retiring for the night. From 11:30 a.m. to midnight, salads, hot sandwiches, appetizers and hamburgers are offered. For dinner, from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., appetizers, barbecued ribs, sweet and sour chicken dishes, shrimp and pasta, pork tenderloin, filet mignon, steak and desserts are offered.
The Tambu Lounge is a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day in the parks with a tall, cool drink.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Club Disney activity center is open from 4:00 p.m. to midnight and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children ages 3 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs (at Captain Cook's)
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Poolside Bar
- ATM Machine
- Valet Parking free to Resort guests
- Complimentary Newspaper Delivery
Bou-tiki (Disney clothing, resort wear, Polynesian style gifts, souvenirs)
Samoa Snacks (Sodas, liquor, snacks, sundries)
Trader Jack's (souvenirs)
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is on the Monorail
route and the station is located on the second
floor of the great Ceremonial House. The Resort
monorail stops at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
and Spa, Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Contemporary
Resort and the Ticket and Transportation Center
Magic Kingdom Park: Take the monorail or the boat launch.
Epcot: You must transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center to get on a separate monorail that travels to Epcot. There is a walkway to the Ticket & Transportation Center that is just a short walk from the Tahiti and the Rapa Nui longhouses.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the bus marked "Disney's Hollywood Studios"
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon: Guests can take the Downtown Disney bus from the stop in front of the Great Ceremonial House. After 4 p.m., those wishing to go to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney Marketplace or Downtown Disney West Side, must take a bus from the Ticket & Transportation Center.
Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
When exiting the lobby from the Great Ceremonial House, you will find the bus stop across the driveway from the valet stand. Water taxis will take guests to the Magic Kingdom Park or Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios