Disney's Polynesian Resort
Polynesian Resort Address:
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 824-2000
Fax: (407) 824-3174
Maximum persons per room: 4 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 853
Room size: 409 Sq Ft. (average)
Maximum Occupancy: 5
Price per night: Resort Rates
Disney's Polynesian Resort Overview
The Polynesian is one of the original resorts Disney World opened in 1971. The tropical theme is timeless and it remains one of Disney's most popular destinations. For a great blog on the history of the resort, click here.
The Polynesian Resort is located on the beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon. This prized locale makes it perfect for viewing the Magic Kingdom fireworks, the nightly Electrical Water Pageant or for simply gazing at Cinderella's Castle.
When you arrive at the Polynesian, you'll head to the Great Ceremonial House, the resort's main reception area. This bit of paradise has a 3 story high atrium with cascading waterfalls and 75 varieties of tropical and subtropical plants.
The theming continues throughout the grounds of the resort with white sand beaches, torch lit walkways, lush landscaping, waterfalls, koi ponds and longhouses fashioned after South Pacific lodges. The guest rooms are located in outbuildings with such exotic names as Tonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu, Hawaii, Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga, Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui.
For dining, you can choose one of two full serve restaurants, a counter serve spot or you can enjoy the Polynesian Luau dinner show.
The volcano themed pool at the Polynesian is the perfect spot to cool off or you can head to the marina and rent a watercraft to enhance your stay.
Another appeal of the Polynesian Resort is its location on the Monorail track. Within minutes you'll be whisked to Disney's Magic Kingdom.
If being transported to a tropical isle is on your wishlist, the Polynesian Resort is the perfect choice.
- Barefoot Pool Bar
- Captain Cook's Snack Co.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Luau Cove
- Kona Cafe
- Kona Island
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
- Tambu Lounge
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Luau Dinner Show)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is located at Disney's Polynesian
Resort in the Luau Cove located just off the beach in a
newly renovated covered, open-air theater. Please note that
show will only cancel for temperatures falling below 50
The show is hostessed each evening by Auntie Wini, who has invited the whole neighborhood for a celebration to welcome home one of the local girls that has been away. The Aloha Dinner Show features music and dances of the cultures of Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand and Hawaii, which will be presented while guests dine on a feast that is inspired by the flavors of Polynesia.
The themed island feast is served family-style, and will feature chicken drumsticks, pork, fresh catch of the day, Polynesian Island rice, fresh sauteed seasonal vegetables, dinner rolls and a Volcano Dessert specialty. If you have special dietary requests they will be honored with a 24 hour advance notice by the guest. Beverages will include a bottomless beer, wine, tropical rum punch, sodas, coffee and tea. Other alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the full bar separetely. Dress is casual and shorts are ok at this show.
'Ohana restaurant is located on the second
level of the Great Ceremonial House.
It is open
for breakfast (Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch) from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and for
dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (with last dinner
seating at 9:40pm). The Polynesian's tropical setting is the perfect match for Lilo and Stitch. These loveable characters are joined by Mickey and Pluto in visiting you while you dine. Have your camera ready to capture every smile.
Dinner at 'Ohana is an interactive experience where all of the other guests are your "cousins". Don't be surprised to see a coconut race going on! Meals are prepared in a huge open-pit. The delicious offerings here include long skewers of fire roasted grilled meats with specialties like Hawaiian Chicken, Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Mesquite Beef Tenderloin, and Turkey Tenderloin, as well as fresh seafood of the day. The dessert of pineapple and caramel sauce is to die for!
The Kona Café offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes the famous Tonga Toast, fresh fruit and juices, Eggs Benedict and a host of other delicious offerings. For lunch, an assortment of soups, salads and sandwiches can be topped off with yummy desserts like Ko Ko Puffs, Turtle Brownie Tarts or Haupia Strawberry Shortcake. A variety of fresh fish dishes, pastas such as Sesame Chicken Fettucini, Prime Rib and Barbecued Shrimp are some of the culinary delights that are offered on the dinner menu. Some of the best coffee on property can also be found here in the restaurant and just outside it at the coffee stand.
Cook's is a snack bar located on the first
floor of the Great Ceremonial House and is open
24 hours a day (however the grill closes at 11pm).
Here you'll find sandwiches,
flatbreads, salads and a self-serve Dole Whip machine.
Full room service is available from 6:30 a.m. to midnight.
For breakfast, fill out the card found in your room, and hang it on the doorknob outside before retiring for the night. From 11:30 a.m. to midnight, salads, hot sandwiches, appetizers and hamburgers are offered. For dinner, from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., appetizers, barbecued ribs, sweet and sour chicken dishes, shrimp and pasta, pork tenderloin, filet mignon, steak and desserts are offered.
The Tambu Lounge is a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day in the parks with a tall, cool drink.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Never Land Club is open from 4:00 p.m. to midnight and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children ages 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs (at Captain Cook's)
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Poolside Bar
- ATM Machine
- Valet Parking free to Resort guests
- Complimentary Newspaper Delivery
Bou-tiki (Disney clothing, resort wear, Polynesian style gifts, souvenirs)
Samoa Snacks (Sodas, liquor, snacks, sundries)
Trader Jack's (souvenirs)
Disney's Polynesian Resort is on the Monorail
route and the station is located on the second
floor of the great Ceremonial House. The Resort
monorail stops at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
and Spa, Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Contemporary
Resort and the Ticket and Transportation Center
Magic Kingdom Park: Take the monorail or the boat launch.
Epcot: You must transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center to get on a separate monorail that travels to Epcot. There is a walkway to the Ticket & Transportation Center that is just a short walk from the Tahiti and the Rapa Nui longhouses.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the bus marked "Disney's Hollywood Studios"
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon: Guests can take the Downtown Disney bus from the stop in front of the Great Ceremonial House. After 4 p.m., those wishing to go to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney Marketplace or Downtown Disney West Side, must take a bus from the Ticket & Transportation Center.
Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
When exiting the lobby from the Great Ceremonial House, you will find the bus stop across the driveway from the valet stand. Water taxis will take guests to the Magic Kingdom Park or Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW