Walt Disney World Accepted Forms of Payment
When you vist the House of the Mouse, there are a number of payment options to choose from:
- Cash (U.S. Currency)
- Traveler's Checks (must be in U.S. Dollars) Photo ID required
- Disney Dollars (Disney's own currency)
- Credit Cards
- Currency Exchange
- Walt Disney World Gift Cards
- Disney Visa Rewards Card
- JCB (Japanese Credit Bureau)
- Diners Club
- American Expresss
Walt Disney World Gift Card (Select Purchases - see details)
Debit cards cannot be used unless they have a credit card option. There are ATM's located throughout Walt Disney World.
All of the Disney Resorts and Guest Relations at the Theme Parks/Downtown Disney offer International Currency exchange.
The amount of currency exchanged may be limited
The Walt Disney World Shopping and Dining Cards essentially are gift cards that can be purchased in denominations from $5.00 to $1500.00. The features are as follow:
- The cards can be purchased at select merchandise and quick serve dining locations.
- The cards do not expire and there are no fees applied if you carry a balance
- The cards are accepted at select merchandise, dining, resort, ticketing and recreation locations
- Additional funds can be added
- The cards can be used in conjunction with other payment methods
- Disney Dollars can be used to purchase the Walt Disney World Gift Cards
- Remaining card balances can be accessed at any location that accepts the card. Additionally, cardholders can call the toll free number (877-650-4327) to obtain this information
- Two receipts are issued during purchase. If a card is lost or stolen, the original receipt, not the gift receipt, is required for replacement
- The Disney Gift Card cannot be used at the Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Experience, or Jellyroll's
- The Disney Gift Card cannot be used to purchase Disney Dollars/Gift Certificates/Gift cards
- The Disney Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash. However, if you do not use your card at all, it can be returned to the original form of payment providing you have the original proof of purchase receipt. (Once you've used it, this can't be done.)
Cardholders with the Disney Visa Card from Chase earn Disney Dream Reward Dollars with their purchases. Disney Dream Reward Dollars are accepted at most Disney locations including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and online.
Once 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars are earned, they can be redeemed by calling Card Member Services at Chase (800-300-8575) or online at www.disneyrewards.disney.go.com . You'll be issued a Disney Rewards card that can be used throughout Walt Disney World.
If you want to get your Rewards Card while at Disney World, you can pick one up at either the Downtown Disney Marketplace Guest Relations or the Downtown Disney West Side Guest Relations. You must show a valid Disney Visa and photo ID. Upon receipt of the card, you must call the Chase toll free number that appears on the back of the card to activate it and transfer the Disney Dream Rewards to the card.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time