Walt Disney World Accepted Forms of Payment
When you vist the House of the Mouse, there are a number of payment options to choose from:
- Cash (U.S. Currency)
- Traveler's Checks (must be in U.S. Dollars) Photo ID required
- Disney Dollars (Disney's own currency)
- Credit Cards
- Currency Exchange
- Walt Disney World Gift Cards
- Disney Visa Rewards Card
- JCB (Japanese Credit Bureau)
- Diners Club
- American Expresss
Walt Disney World Gift Card (Select Purchases - see details)
Debit cards cannot be used unless they have a credit card option. There are ATM's located throughout Walt Disney World.
All of the Disney Resorts and Guest Relations at the Theme Parks/Downtown Disney offer International Currency exchange.
The amount of currency exchanged may be limited
The Walt Disney World Shopping and Dining Cards essentially are gift cards that can be purchased in denominations from $5.00 to $1500.00. The features are as follow:
- The cards can be purchased at select merchandise and quick serve dining locations.
- The cards do not expire and there are no fees applied if you carry a balance
- The cards are accepted at select merchandise, dining, resort, ticketing and recreation locations
- Additional funds can be added
- The cards can be used in conjunction with other payment methods
- Disney Dollars can be used to purchase the Walt Disney World Gift Cards
- Remaining card balances can be accessed at any location that accepts the card. Additionally, cardholders can call the toll free number (877-650-4327) to obtain this information
- Two receipts are issued during purchase. If a card is lost or stolen, the original receipt, not the gift receipt, is required for replacement
- The Disney Gift Card cannot be used at the Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Experience, or Jellyroll's
- The Disney Gift Card cannot be used to purchase Disney Dollars/Gift Certificates/Gift cards
- The Disney Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash. However, if you do not use your card at all, it can be returned to the original form of payment providing you have the original proof of purchase receipt. (Once you've used it, this can't be done.)
Cardholders with the Disney Visa Card from Chase earn Disney Dream Reward Dollars with their purchases. Disney Dream Reward Dollars are accepted at most Disney locations including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and online.
Once 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars are earned, they can be redeemed by calling Card Member Services at Chase (800-300-8575) or online at www.disneyrewards.disney.go.com . You'll be issued a Disney Rewards card that can be used throughout Walt Disney World.
If you want to get your Rewards Card while at Disney World, you can pick one up at either the Downtown Disney Marketplace Guest Relations or the Downtown Disney West Side Guest Relations. You must show a valid Disney Visa and photo ID. Upon receipt of the card, you must call the Chase toll free number that appears on the back of the card to activate it and transfer the Disney Dream Rewards to the card.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando