Today is the day that Buena Vista Street, which harkens back to Walt Disney's early years in Southern California, begins to welcome guests into Disney California Adventure park as an extension of the Downtown Disney District.
From the gorgeous Christmas garlands that trim the buildings to ribbon-adorned lampposts, guests are sure to get into the holiday spirit upon entering.
In his article on D23.com, Jeffrey Epstein explains that "...this is not the exact same Buena Vista Street we last visited. Much like they did for the reopening of Downtown Disney District this summer, the Disneyland cast members have worked hard to ensure that the best precautions have been put into place to ensure the safety and security of our guests."
Careful attention to detail was paid as preparations were made to reopen this section of Disney California Adventure such as ensuring reminder signs and markers being well-designed and that they "fit into the look and feel of their respective areas."
Getting into Downtown Disney District / Buena Vista Street
- Starting November 19, parking in the Simba lot will be $10 per car. As before, there will be temperature checks before you enter.
- Entrance onto Buena Vista Street will be first-come, first-served. However, once the area has reached capacity, a mobile waiting list will be used.
Restaurants/Quick-Serve Locations Open on Buena Vista Street:
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining: The fan-favorite sit-down restaurant of Disney California Adventure will offer al fresco dining and a significantly expanded seating area. Tables will be first-come, first-served, and once the restaurant has reached capacity, a mobile waitlist will be implemented.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical: Enjoy a cozy cup of coffee or cocoa or scone!
- Smokejumpers Grill: This quick-serve restaurant is reopening with a modified menu—but don’t worry, it still includes those incredible onion rings! And with mobile ordering, you can just grab and go!
- Award Wieners: These dogs are ready to take a bow at this quick- serve, which will offer mobile ordering.
- Outdoor Vending Carts: Get ready to sample some of your favorite park treats as carts offering churros, popcorn, turkey legs, and even Angry Dogs are ready to serve you sweet and savory sensation
Shopping Locations Open on Buena Vista Street:
- Elias & Co.: Along with stores such as Los Feliz Five & Dime and Big Top Toys, this signature shopping destination is bursting with holiday goodies and Disneyland-themed merchandise.
- Julius Katz & Sons: Home décor abounds in this quaint shop.
- Trolley Treats: Churro toffee anyone? Go in to see the candy-colored garland; stay for the sugar-coma-inducing deliciousness!
- Kingswell Camera Shop: Now featuring stunning Disney artwork.
Keep scrolling to enjoy the gorgeous images that were shared by D23 and if you're someone who will be visiting Buena Vista Street soon, please thank a cast member!