Earlier in the week, Disney Parks Blog celebrated National Peanut Butter Day with the release of a new recipe. The Mickey Mouse Peanut Butter cookies are adorable, decorated with mini M&M’s for some extra color. If you have a nut allergy in your household and think this one is out of your reach, think again. I have not tried it with this recipe; I must stress that first. However, often I like to substitute the peanut butter in recipes for Biscoff Spread (soooo delicious), and I’m yet to find a recipe that it doesn’t work with. It might be worth a try if you are making these this weekend like I will be.
MICKEY MOUSE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE MADE WITH M&M’S MINIS PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CANDIES
Makes 12 Cookies
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup M&M’S Minis Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies
FOR PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat light brown sugar, honey, peanut butter, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until fully incorporated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place 1/4 cup chilled peanut butter cookie dough in 3 1/2 inch Mickey Mouse-shaped cookie cutter on prepared baking sheet and press dough to fill cutter. Carefully pick up cookie cutter and repeat with remaining dough, placing 6 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Cool for 10 minutes on pans, then move to wire racks.
- Cool completely before frosting.
FOR PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- Beat butter and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until fully combined.
- Add sifted powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until fully combined. Reduce heat to low and add heavy cream and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
Spread peanut butter frosting on each cookie. Sprinkle tops with M&M’S Minis Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies.
We’d love to see you make these cookies in your home! Share your photos with #DisneyEats on your own social channels and be sure to follow @DisneyEats.
Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability. Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.