To remain exempt from major inspection, Central Florida theme parks must list all of their quarterly incidents and injuries with the state. This quarter’s report (October – December 2019) covers a total of 9 incidents/injuries with 4 belonging to Disney, 4 to Universal, and 1 to Busch Gardens. Only incidents or illnesses resulting in a hospital stay of 24-hours or more and deaths are reported.
Walt Disney World
- December 10th: Female, 89 – Guest with a pre-existing medical condition experienced a temporary loss of consciousness while riding Space Mountain.
- October 5th: Female, 39 – Guest with a pre-existing medical condition felt dizzy and had trouble with equilibrium after riding Star Tours.
- October 8th: Male, 66 – Guest with a pre-existing condition was ill after experiencing Star Tours.
- October 31st: Female, 46 – Guest experienced severe head pain, illness, and vomiting after riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.
- October 22nd: Male, 30 – Guest experienced chest pain after riding an attraction but didn't confirm which one.
- December 13th: Female, 44 – Gust experienced motion sickness after riding Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.
- November 3rd: Female, 57 – Guest felt motion sickness after riding Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- December 26th: Male, 78 – Guest suffered a knee injury after riding Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- December 8th: Male, 67 – Guest felt bilateral knee pain on the train.