With all the news to come out of the Destination D23 Connections: A Look at the Future of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products panel, we thought it would be helpful to look back on this event with a recap of some of the most notable stories to come out of today.
Walt Disney World Resort
- The Dreamer’s Point Statue of Walt will sit in EPCOT World Celebration section of the park.
- A new quick service restaurant in EPCOT, Connections Café and Eatery, will also open in the World Celebration section.
- New concept art was shared for Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind in EPCOT. It will open in summer of 2022.
- The new generation of MagicBand+ will be coming to Disney World. It includes new technology to unlock interactive experiences throughout the parks.
- Fantasmic! and Festival of Fantasy Parade will return to Disney World.
- A new castle show for Mickey’s Friendship Faire will debut for the 50th Anniversary.
- Art was shared for the Mickey’s Toontown renovation including the return of the Toontown hills which were previously removed for the Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway construction.
- A multi-year project will begin in Downtown Disney. The AMC Theater will close to make room for a new space, including an open lawn for events, new dining, and shopping.
- The next generation of MagicBand+ will be coming to Disneyland in 2022. More details will be coming in the months ahead.
- World of Color, Fantasmic! are both returning to Disneyland Resort next year along with Main Street Electrical Parade in time to celebrate its 50th Anniversary.
- Concept art was shared for the new Disney Vacation Club Disneyland Tower pool area and rooms.
- The inspiration for the rooms was inspired by actual color scripts and the look of original artwork from Sleeping Beauty. It is proposed to open in 2023.
Disney Cruise Line
- In addition to Aladdin, two new stage shows will debut aboard the Disney Wish: Seas the Adventure which will feature Captain Minnie and a new theatrical adaptation of The Little Mermaid.
International Disney Parks
- Disneyland Paris’s 30th Anniversary begins next year and will kick off March 6th. New concept art was shown for the celebration.
- A new nighttime show will debut with the Anniversary in Disneyland Paris
- Avengers Campus will open in summer of 2022 as part of their 30th Anniversary Celebration.
- At Disneyland Hong Kong, the new Frozen Land is well underway.
- Hong Kong will see a new nighttime spectacular next year.
- Tokyo DisneySea 20th Anniversary has just kicked off.
- Fantasy Springs featuring Frozen, Tangled, and Peter Pan construction is well underway in Tokyo.
- In Shanghai, the 5th Anniversary is being celebrated and Zootopia Land construction is in progress.
- A major new attraction blending new technology and Disney storytelling will be part of the new Zootopia Land.
- D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center will take place September 9, 10, and 11 in Anaheim. Tickets go on sale January 20.
- Those in attendance were given a first look at Disney’s 100th Anniversary logo.
There was truthfully not a ton of new information to come out of today’s panel. Much of the entertainment returning had already been announced and a lot of the other information was known with few added new details. Regardless, it seems that there are some exciting things on the horizon for Disney Parks, Resorts, and Experiences.
If you are interested in booking a Disney vacation, reach out to one of our expert Dreams Unlimited Travel agents today to help you with all the details. As always, stay tuned to wdwinfo.com for news and information on all things Disney.
Amy is a self-proclaimed Disney Fanatic. Falling in love with Disney after her first trip in her 20s, Amy and her husband, Paul are now Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members with home resorts at Animal Kingdom Villas, Grand Floridian, and BoardWalk.
Amy is a contributor for wdwinfo.com, dvcfan.com, dclfan.com and movingtoorlando.com.
In her spare time, Amy enjoys traveling, eating, running, reading, writing, and spending time with family, friends, Paul, and their two dogs-Odie the greyhound and Hermes the Spanish galgo. She and her husband are new residents to Central Florida.