If you’ve flown into Orlando for a Walt Disney World Resort vacation, you’re probably aware of how busy Orlando International Airport can be. Guests arriving or departing during the Thanksgiving holiday season should expect even more congestion, as the airport is planning on a record-breaking number of visitors.
Orlando International Airport(MCO) released a statement breaking down the busiest days to travel in the near future. AAA predicts that Orlando will be the most visited Thanksgiving holiday destination in the country, a situation MCO says they are prepared for.
Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, was quoted in the statement as saying, “When passengers arrive at Orlando International Airport this holiday season they will see just how busy we have been over this past year, enhancing their overall airport experience. From new artistic flooring and state-of-the-art ticket counters to enhanced wayfinding and expanded security checkpoints, we have been preparing for this extremely busy time of year and we are ready.”
Orlando International ranked the busiest days during the Thanksgiving travel period, along with the number of expected passengers:
- Saturday, Nov. 24th — 152,032
- Sunday, Nov. 25th — 145,296
- Saturday, Nov. 17th — 145,209
- Sunday, Nov. 18th — 139,379
- Friday, Nov. 16th — 138,302
- Monday, Nov. 26th — 136,630
- Wednesday, Nov. 21st — 131,828
- Monday, Nov. 19th — 130,109
- Thursday, Nov. 15th — 128,275
- Tuesday, Nov. 20th — 126,623
- Friday, Nov. 23rd — 121,669
- Tuesday, Nov. 27th — 121,069
- Wednesday, Nov. 28th — 108,446
- Thursday, Nov. 22nd — 96,356
MCO is expected a total of 1.82 million passengers over the course of the 14 days which surround Thanksgiving.
Orlando International’s statement also reminded visitors that the new “C” parking garage is open and available for use at a charge of $17 per day.
Source/Image: Greater Orlando Aviation Authority