Spending any holiday at the Disney theme parks can be a pretty magical experience, but no one, in my opinion, puts on a fireworks display or a party quite the same way they do at the Walt Disney World Resort; especially on New Year’s Eve.
One of the best things about it is that there are so many different offerings to choose from. Now, we’re not very far from New Year’s Eve right now and as most of you likely know, reservations for most special events and restaurants at Walt Disney World are accepted 180-days in advance, so some event options are already sold out. There are, however, several different experiences that are still available so we thought we’d share them with you.
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ‘til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. Reservations can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
- Disney Countdown to Midnight – Guests will clink glasses at midnight after an unforgettable evening of live music and dancing in the Fantasia Ballroom. Taste buds will be celebrating, too, with savory bites and wine pairings from the California Grill, Flying Fish, Citrico’s, and other signature Walt Disney World restaurants. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and friends will also join in the fun! Festivities begin at 8 p.m. on Dec. 31. Guests must be 18 years of age or older to attend. Reservations can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
- Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience – This dining extravaganza brings New Orleans to Walt Disney World on New Year’s Eve. It’s a night filled with exquisite dishes, champagne toasts, and the ultimate viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks. Exclusive for guests 21 years of age or older. Reservations can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
- New Year’s Eve at The Edison – Guests will ring in the New Year at the dazzling Gala grand opening. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. which will allow guests plenty of time to eat, drink, and be merry, leading up to a special midnight toast to ring in 2018. Tickets for The Edison’s New Year’s Eve Grand Opening are $125 (plus tax and gratuity) and are available to the first 350 lucky guests to purchase. A minimum age of 21 is required to attend this event. To purchase tickets, click here.
Head over to our New Year’s Eve Dining page for a list of Walt Disney World restaurants who have special dining planned and keep an eye on that page for new additions.
It is important to note that entertainment and offerings are always subject to change without notice, but if you’ve never experienced New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney, this might just be the year to give it a try!