It’s that time of year again! Time to think of all things new and make resolutions for better health, finances, and relationships. Instead of thinking about the scale and savings accounts, though, let’s think about Disney! Here are my five Disney New Year’s Resolutions. Isn’t that more fun?
- To ride the Disney Skyliner. The new gondola system opened in fall 2019, and I still haven’t been on it. My family had plans to stay at Pop Century and ride it to and from Hollywood Studios in the spring, but those plans fell through. So, in 2021, I hope to make it on the Disney Skyliner. It seems like such a fun mode of transportation with its colorful and individually-themed compartments. The aerial gondolas will take you to Hollywood Studios and Epcot from the Pop Century Resort, the Riviera Resort, the Caribbean Beach Resort, and the Art of Animation Resort.
- To be one of the first on the upcoming TRON Lightcycle Power Run Rollercoaster. The new rollercoaster is set to open in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom in 2021 and is based on TRON: Legacy, which is one of my youngest son’s favorite movies. He even has a giant poster of it in his room. We have heard amazing things about the Shanghai Disneyland ride version and can’t wait to experience the Walt Disney World version.
- To attend the Taste of Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. We go to Walt Disney World often in the fall and have experienced the Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. We love sampling all the food options throughout the World Showcase so much that we think it’s time to visit Epcot in the spring for the Taste of Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. We could enjoy even more food samplings as well as beautiful garden exhibits. Pictures of the topiary displays from previous years make me excited to see them firsthand. Food and nature – that’s an excellent combination!
- To dine at the upcoming Space 220. This new restaurant, set to open sometime soon in Epcot’s Future World, looks incredible! Obviously, the space-themed atmosphere is the most compelling thing about it. Disney’s advertisement for the restaurant promises to make you feel like you are dining among the stars with views of the Earth from 220 miles up. The restaurant also advertises delicious modern American cuisine. We love most of the food at Epcot and can’t imagine the food not being good here. Hopefully, the food will match the ambiance.
- To live every day like I’m walking down Main Street, U.S.A. When I’m in the Magic Kingdom, walking or sitting on a bench on Main Street, U.S.A., I feel peaceful, relaxed, less hurried, and just at ease. Then, vacation ends, and it’s back to the grind of work, bills, and countless activities and responsibilities. When those moments come, I want to take a deep breath, mentally sit back down on that Main Street bench, and just enjoy every day God has blessed me with.
So, what are your New Year’s resolutions? Do you have any Disney ones?