OFFER SOLD OUT – As of 5pm on 5/8/2020, the offer described below can no longer be booked as the Walt Disney Company has reported that it has sold out.
Last week, Disney released an exclusive Walt Disney World offer for guests who had a vacation package or room-only reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel between the dates of March 16 – May 31, 2020 who had to change plans because of COVID-19. Qualifying guests can rebook their vacations for arrivals most nights June 1 through September 30, 2020 in light of recent cancellations and when they book by May 30, 2020 (currently SOLD OUT and unavailable), they’ll receive a Dining Plan* at no additional charge.
Now that we’ve had the chance to process a good number of these rebookings, we’d like to share some additional points that you need to keep in mind.
- This offer is not valid for reservations that were canceled before March 1, 2020.
- This offer is valid for arrivals most nights June 1 through September 30, 2020 when booked by May 31, 2020 (currently SOLD OUT and unavailable).
- This offer is not for folks who simply want to book a new vacation during these dates – you had to have canceled as per above.
- You MUST book a vacation package that includes theme park tickets in order to get the Free Dining promotion. 2-day base tickets are the minimum required purchase for this offer. Everyone in your party must have the same ticket. Even if you don’t need theme park tickets, you have to pay for them to get the Free Dining promotion.
- Ticket value can be ‘removed’ from the package and used to purchase a new Annual Pass, but cannot be applied to an existing Annual Pass. This would have to be done through Guest Services/Ticket services and cannot be done by your travel agent before you travel.
- If you originally bought your tickets through a third party vendor, you will need to get in contact with them to inquire how they will handle refunds, exchanges, etc. Dreams Unlimited Travel cannot go to these vendors for you and get your money back.
- Even if you did not book your original reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel, we may still be able to assist you with rebooking your vacation and you will receive our $50 Gift Card**
- The original reservation must have been for a Walt Disney World owner and operated hotel. The Swan/Dolphin, Good Neighbor and/or offsite accommodations are not included in this offer.
- The new reservation must be made at a Walt Disney World owned and operated hotel. It is not valid for Fort Wilderness Campsites, the Swan/Dolphin, Good Neighbor and/or offsite accommodations.
- If you were previously booked at Shades of Green, we are unable to assist you with the rebooking as per Disney policy.
- We can also assist folks who had a Disney Vacation Club reservation for March 16 through May 31, 2020 and had to change plans because of COVID-19, but ONLY if they choose to rebook using cash/credit card. We cannot assist those who decide to rebook with vacation points. Also, it’s important to note that you will not get the Free Dining promotion if you rebook with points through DVC. This is Disney’s policy and not that of Dreams Unlimited Travel.
- This offer is subject to availability.
Dreams Unlimited Travel is the official sponsor of the DIS.
At this time, Disney has not made any decisions to cancel Resort reservations beyond what has already been announced (end of April 2020). If you have a reservation past that date, we strongly suggest you keep it up until the penalty phase as Disney may put out a new offer for you to rebook your reservation (like the current Free Dining offer). Worst case scenario, if the parks are still closed for your travel dates, Disney will give you a full refund. Of course, if you need the money you paid for a deposit you should cancel and get that back.
The information above is accurate as of Wednesday, April 8, 2020. Please note that this information and Disney policy can change at any time for any reason; with or without notice. This article will be updated at the top with any new details that we receive.
*The Disney Dining Plan you receive will depend on which Disney Resort hotel you book:
Guests will receive the Quick-Service Dining Plan with stays at a select Value Resort or Moderate Resort – Dine at Quick-Service locations where you can simply order and find a seat; no reservations required. With this plan, everyone in your party ages 3 and over receives the following: Two (2) Quick-Service Meals (per night of stay) Two (2) Snacks / Non-alcoholic Drinks (per night of stay) One (1) Resort-Refillable Drink Mug
Guests will receive the Disney Dining Plan with stays at a select Deluxe Resort or select Deluxe Villa Resort – Delight in classic Table-Service dining options and plan your meals for the day. With this plan, everyone in your party ages 3 and over receives the following: One (1) Quick-Service Meal (per night of stay) One (1) Table-Service Meal (per night of stay) Two (2) Snacks / Non-alcoholic Drinks (per night of stay) One (1) Resort-Refillable Drink Mug
**Dreams Unlimited Travel is offering a $50 gift card per reservation if you rebook your vacation with us. Remember, this offer is only for those affected by COVID-19 who meet the above criteria. This Gift Card is from Dreams Unlimited Travel and NOT Disney.
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº