Southern California Information
No trip to California is complete without a visit to its southern destinations. The glitz of Hollywood combined with the sunny beaches make every visit a new and exciting experience. You can hobnob with the rich and famous along the legendary Rodeo Drive, surf the Pacific in Ocean County and explore the world famous San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. From Legoland to Universal Studios, the choice of theme parks will bring a smile to young and old alike.
- Los Angeles/Hollywood
- Laguna Beach
- Huntington Beach
- San Diego
Southern California Entertainment Venues
Watching your team score, going to a concert, seeing a show or just spending the night laughing couldn't be easier when you visit Southern California.
Southern California Tours
Leave the driving to the pros as you explore all that Southern California has to offer. For the ultimate experience, book a Wine country balloon tour.
Southern California Interactive Fun
Become a fighter pilot, fulfill your Indy 500 dreams or simply take in a round of mini-golf. There's no end to the hands-on fun that Southern California offers.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Explore the magic of ‘Hollywood’ past, present and future. Universal Studios Hollywood has something for everyone. You'll find yourself immersed in Hollywood of the past, present and future. For the little ones, The Adventures of Curious George and Shrek 4-D will bring their favorite characters to life. Thrill seekers will love Revenge of the Mummy the Ride, The Simpsons Ride and Jurassic Park the Ride.
Take the 5 Golden State Freeway North. Exit to the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Continue on the 101 Freeway and exit at Universal Studios Blvd. Turn right on to Universal Studios Blvd. and follow the signs to Universal Studios and our parking areas.
Located in Valencia, north of Los Angeles, Magic Mountain has become the home of world-class roller coasters, including Full Throttle, the world's tallest and fastest looping coaster; Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, the world's tallest vertical drop ride; and Tatsu, the word's tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster.
Magic Mountain is also the home to Bugs Bunny World, featuring your favorite Warner Bros. characters.
For 2015, Magic Mountain will be taking Colossus, their classic wooden coaster, and turning it into Twisted Colossus, which will be the world's longest wooden/steel hybrid.
*Top Gun Stall - an inversion where the train slows down upside down
*High Five - where two trains pass through an overbanked turn facing each other with the illusion that you can reach out and high five other riders
*Zero G Roll - where track twists 360 degrees
*A 128-foot drop at 80-degrees
*18 airtime hills
*Two lift hills
Legoland has quickly become one of the hottest destinations in California. There's fun for the entire family with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Everyone will have a great time, whether it's taking on hilarious challenges in the Fun Town Fire Academy fire truck race, experiencing the excitement of Coastersaurus or digging for fossils at Dino Island. LEGOLAND has action-packed live shows as well as a wonderful choice of restaurants.
Another world awaits you just a 13-minute boat ride from the coast of Southern California. From a lazy day on the beach, shopping in the quaint shops to simply exploring "the island of romance", Catalina Island is a nice get-a way from the hectic pace of Southern California.
Discover why this Grande Dame of the seas is still setting the standard for luxury. You can explore this magnificent ship and be transported back in time as you imagine sailing on this elite vessel.
Take the 405 Freeway north to the 710 Freeway south
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is one of very few that has achieved world-wide fame. You'll discover why this zoo is considered to be among the very best while you explore this 100 acre wonder. With over 3,800 animals representing 800 species and 6,500 varieties of plants, the San Diego Zoo is a "must see."
From Interstate 5 (Los Angeles and Orange County), take the Pershing Drive exit and follow the signs. Exit at Park Blvd. Turn left on Park Blvd. and head north; Zoo entrance is off Park Blvd. at Zoo Place.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
No detail was spared when creating the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It's the perfect accompaniment to a visit to the San Diego Zoo. You'll find yourself in the midst of wild animals that live together as they might in their natural habitats.
From Interstate 5 (Orange County, Los Angeles), take the State Route 78 East exit at Oceanside, proceed east to Interstate 15 South, exit at Via Rancho Parkway and follow the signs to the Park.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.