Disney Quest - Explore Zone
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
- Disney Quest Food Court
- Ticket Prices
- Touring Tips
- Disney Quest Photos
- Explore Zone | Create Zone | Replay Zone | Score Zone
Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold
This virtual reality attraction recreates and enhances the Pirates of the Caribbean experience, allowing you to be a pirate in search of treasure on the high seas. You enter into a room that has the front portion of a Pirate ship with six cannons, three on each side. One person in the group is the Captain and he or she does not have a cannon available.
As the show begins, a ghost gives you instructions on how to be successful in sinking the other ships to get their treasure. The ghost tells you to get close to the ships to have a better chance of sinking them. The advice is good, but it is best to try to get to a ship side to side not head to head-your cannons don't fire straight when aiming at center screen. Shoot for the sails of the boats as well the hulls. When a boat is sunk you will see it go under and it's treasure will appear on your bow.
The ghost reappears towards the end and informs that you have to fight him to keep your treasure. A ghost ship then appears and flying skeletons zealously move towards your bow to get your treasure. You must shoot them; it is the only way to get to protect your booty. At the end of your battle, your score is tallied and your ranking is revealed.
All in all, the Pirates of The Caribbean Search for Buccaneer Gold is a wonderful addition to DisneyQuest-get there early though; the line gets long really quick.
Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride:
When you wait years for something, and it still exceeds your expectations, you know it's a great attraction...Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride is a great attraction. For a few years, Epcot guests could experience a virtual reality magic carpet ride through Agrabah (from Aladdin) as part of an animation attraction. That was in preparation for this attraction. Now, guests can experience this for themselves. You are divided into 3 groups of 4 people each. You are seated on what appears to be a weird motorcycle with a control wheel in front of you (this allows you to go up, down and side to side). You fit the virtual reality helmet onto your head, and your ready for action. True to VR technology, you can look up and down, and side to side, to see your fellow teammates (all of whom appear as Abu the Monkey, each in a different colored vest). Your job is to explore through Agrabah to release the Genie, who is trapped in the cave of wonders. The entire experience lasts 4 1/2 minutes, and is worth ANY wait to experience. Note: There are only 2 groups of 4 stations in the Chicago attraction, and there will only be 2 groups in Philadelphia when it opens.
The Explore Zone boasts the Virtual Jungle Cruise. Guests get into rafts that are positioned in front of large projection screens. The raft actually sits on an air mattress that moves to the motion of waves, to give you the real feeling of being on a rafting expedition. Each guest is also handed a paddle. As the ride begins, the air mattress under your raft inflates, which does a good job of simulating water motion. Guests must use their paddles to control the raft. For example, if the guests on the right side of the boat paddle, your view on the screen will go to the left, and vice versa. You're mission is to see how far down the river you can get before the end. Your mission begins in a virtual DisneyLand (complete with castle in the background). As you proceed, you go back in time to the land of the dinosaurs. You experience some pretty heavy rapids, going over some waterfalls, through caves, and much more. The raft will respond to everything you see on the screen (including spurts of water where appropriate). All in all...it's great fun. NOTE: This attraction is not in Chicago or Philadelphia
Treasure of the Incas:
Here again, Disney proves that they can do ANYTHING. To the right of the Virtual Jungle Cruise, you will notice a bank of monitors with steering wheels. If you look down as you walk over to them, you will see the floor is glass enclosed, and covers a maze with small, remote controlled vehicles moving about. There are small cameras positioned inside those trucks, and the monitors and steering wheels against the wall control them. You maneuver your truck around the maze in an effort to find Inca treasure. When you find treasure, you simply pull up to it to collect it. This attraction also issues tickets which can be redeemed for prizes.
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW