Disney Quest - Explore Zone
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
- Disney Quest Food Court
- Ticket Prices
- Touring Tips
- Disney Quest Photos
- Explore Zone | Create Zone | Replay Zone | Score Zone
Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold
This virtual reality attraction recreates and enhances the Pirates of the Caribbean experience, allowing you to be a pirate in search of treasure on the high seas. You enter into a room that has the front portion of a Pirate ship with six cannons, three on each side. One person in the group is the Captain and he or she does not have a cannon available.
As the show begins, a ghost gives you instructions on how to be successful in sinking the other ships to get their treasure. The ghost tells you to get close to the ships to have a better chance of sinking them. The advice is good, but it is best to try to get to a ship side to side not head to head-your cannons don't fire straight when aiming at center screen. Shoot for the sails of the boats as well the hulls. When a boat is sunk you will see it go under and it's treasure will appear on your bow.
The ghost reappears towards the end and informs that you have to fight him to keep your treasure. A ghost ship then appears and flying skeletons zealously move towards your bow to get your treasure. You must shoot them; it is the only way to get to protect your booty. At the end of your battle, your score is tallied and your ranking is revealed.
All in all, the Pirates of The Caribbean Search for Buccaneer Gold is a wonderful addition to DisneyQuest-get there early though; the line gets long really quick.
Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride:
When you wait years for something, and it still exceeds your expectations, you know it's a great attraction...Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride is a great attraction. For a few years, Epcot guests could experience a virtual reality magic carpet ride through Agrabah (from Aladdin) as part of an animation attraction. That was in preparation for this attraction. Now, guests can experience this for themselves. You are divided into 3 groups of 4 people each. You are seated on what appears to be a weird motorcycle with a control wheel in front of you (this allows you to go up, down and side to side). You fit the virtual reality helmet onto your head, and your ready for action. True to VR technology, you can look up and down, and side to side, to see your fellow teammates (all of whom appear as Abu the Monkey, each in a different colored vest). Your job is to explore through Agrabah to release the Genie, who is trapped in the cave of wonders. The entire experience lasts 4 1/2 minutes, and is worth ANY wait to experience. Note: There are only 2 groups of 4 stations in the Chicago attraction, and there will only be 2 groups in Philadelphia when it opens.
The Explore Zone boasts the Virtual Jungle Cruise. Guests get into rafts that are positioned in front of large projection screens. The raft actually sits on an air mattress that moves to the motion of waves, to give you the real feeling of being on a rafting expedition. Each guest is also handed a paddle. As the ride begins, the air mattress under your raft inflates, which does a good job of simulating water motion. Guests must use their paddles to control the raft. For example, if the guests on the right side of the boat paddle, your view on the screen will go to the left, and vice versa. You're mission is to see how far down the river you can get before the end. Your mission begins in a virtual DisneyLand (complete with castle in the background). As you proceed, you go back in time to the land of the dinosaurs. You experience some pretty heavy rapids, going over some waterfalls, through caves, and much more. The raft will respond to everything you see on the screen (including spurts of water where appropriate). All in all...it's great fun. NOTE: This attraction is not in Chicago or Philadelphia
Treasure of the Incas:
Here again, Disney proves that they can do ANYTHING. To the right of the Virtual Jungle Cruise, you will notice a bank of monitors with steering wheels. If you look down as you walk over to them, you will see the floor is glass enclosed, and covers a maze with small, remote controlled vehicles moving about. There are small cameras positioned inside those trucks, and the monitors and steering wheels against the wall control them. You maneuver your truck around the maze in an effort to find Inca treasure. When you find treasure, you simply pull up to it to collect it. This attraction also issues tickets which can be redeemed for prizes.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience returns to Disney's Star Wars Weekends
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom