Disney California Adventure named "Park of the Year"by Leah Zanolla
Sep 20, 2012
The "2012 Park of the Year" is Disney California Adventure (DCA), according to "Amusement Today," an amusement park news magazine. At the recent Golden Ticket Awards, the best theme parks around the country were honored for their achievements. DCA was also hand picked for the "Publisher's Pick Award" by the magazine's publisher and editor-in-chief, Gary Slade. Slade visited the park this summer and "saluted cast members and Imagineers for showing the imagination and creativity needed to make Disney California Adventure the must-visit facility of the year."
Mary Niven, vice president of DCA and Guest Services, and Kathy Mangum, Walt Disney Imagineering executive producer, were on hand at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN, to accept the award on behalf of the Disneyland cast members and Imagineers. Niven said, "I was truly honored to accept the 'Park of the Year' award on behalf of every cast member who is, and was, a part of the making of the new Disney California Adventure park. Without their hard work and dedication, this award and the joy that you see on our guests' faces would not be possible."
DCA recently completed a billion dollar expansion, which drastically changed the face of the park. The immensely popular Buena Vista Street and Cars Land opened June 15, 2012 as the final pieces of the new Disney California Adventure.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS