Disney California Adventure named "Park of the Year"by Leah Zanolla
Sep 20, 2012
The "2012 Park of the Year" is Disney California Adventure (DCA), according to "Amusement Today," an amusement park news magazine. At the recent Golden Ticket Awards, the best theme parks around the country were honored for their achievements. DCA was also hand picked for the "Publisher's Pick Award" by the magazine's publisher and editor-in-chief, Gary Slade. Slade visited the park this summer and "saluted cast members and Imagineers for showing the imagination and creativity needed to make Disney California Adventure the must-visit facility of the year."
Mary Niven, vice president of DCA and Guest Services, and Kathy Mangum, Walt Disney Imagineering executive producer, were on hand at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN, to accept the award on behalf of the Disneyland cast members and Imagineers. Niven said, "I was truly honored to accept the 'Park of the Year' award on behalf of every cast member who is, and was, a part of the making of the new Disney California Adventure park. Without their hard work and dedication, this award and the joy that you see on our guests' faces would not be possible."
DCA recently completed a billion dollar expansion, which drastically changed the face of the park. The immensely popular Buena Vista Street and Cars Land opened June 15, 2012 as the final pieces of the new Disney California Adventure.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Neil Patrick Harris to co-host World of Color: Celebrate! - Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will host the new World of Color: Celebrate! when it opens May 22nd.
- Disneyland Resort ticket prices increase - Disneyland ticket prices have increased as expected, but the elimination of most parking ad-ons was a surprise.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS