Disneyland worker falls on Space Mountain roofby Leah Zanolla
Nov 21, 2012
For the second time in as many months, a worker at Disneyland was injured while working on Space Mountain. A 37-year-old male was cleaning the roof of the ride Wednesday morning, November 21, when he slipped and was injured. One of the ropes in his safety harness came loose, causing the man to slide 20 feet down the roof, stopping when he hit a barricade at the bottom. His injuries included a broken leg, a broken clavicle and possible broken ribs. The fire department was called at 7:05 am to respond to the incident, which will be investigated by the state safety department.
In October, a 68-year-old Disneyland machinist suffered head, chest and back injuries when he was struck by a ride vehicle.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Neil Patrick Harris to co-host World of Color: Celebrate! - Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will host the new World of Color: Celebrate! when it opens May 22nd.
- Disneyland Resort ticket prices increase - Disneyland ticket prices have increased as expected, but the elimination of most parking ad-ons was a surprise.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS