Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Maximum persons per room: 5 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1213 (combined with Beach Club)
Price per night: $289 - $2,040
Room size: 381 Sq Ft.Check in 3pm - out 11am
Disney's Yacht Club ResortWhen Walt Disney World was looking for an architect to design the Yacht Club, they found the perfect candidate in noted architect, Robert A. M. Stern. Stern was known for his designs of East Coast seaside homes and he brought his expertise of the New England seashore hotels of the late 1800's to the Yacht Club. Unlike the casual atmosphere of its sister resort, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has more of a quiet, understated elegance about it. This sophistication is found in the dark hardwood floors, leather couches and antique chandeliers of the lobby. The nautical theme is enhanced with brass fixtures and rich millwork. The exterior of the stately Yacht Club is of gray and white clapboard. The East Coast seaside theme is prominent in this area with a lighthouse at the end of the Yacht and Beach Club dock and the Boardwalk that circles Crescent Lake.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Yacht Club Review— May 2nd, 2012
Pete Werner, Walter Echols and Dustin West have their review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
There are 20 suites and 71 concierge suites for those who prefer a little luxury with their vacation. Some of the suites include a lavishly furnished sitting room area and separate bedroom with a king sized bed. The large bathroom includes a Jacuzzi tub, a vanity area, a television and a walk-in shower.
Concierge suites are all located on the fifth floor, which is only accessible with a private key-card. The regular concierge suite is very much like a regular guest room with respect to size and furnishings. But concierge amenities include television speakers in the bathroom, robes, a hairdryer, makeup mirror, and a nightly deluxe turndown service. Concierge service includes use of the concierge lounge and concierge staff for private check-in and check-out, to make dining Priority Seatings, plan outings, answering questions, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, and filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs. The concierge lounge is also found on the fifth floor. Here you'll find a complimentary continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., you can watch a Disney video and munch on cookies and milk. A wine and cheese bar is available between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. And from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., cordials and delicious desserts are here to tempt you.
Murphy Rooms: "Murphy" or "King Standard" rooms include a king sized bed that could fold up into the wall. A small sitting area has a love seat and coffee table, a small table with 2 chairs, sink, counter top and a double sink inside a full bathroom. While the room is smaller than the regular rooms, it is offered at a slightly lower nightly rate and is suitable for two adults. Resort guests have three views available to them at the Yacht Club. The Standard view of some of the guest rooms, is that of the parking lot or wooded areas around the resort. The Garden view is available for concierge level rooms and overlooks nicely landscaped areas such as the quiet pool or the wedding gazebo. Regular guest rooms or concierge level rooms can choose a water view of Crescent Lake. Be aware that in the regular rooms, this water view may not be a direct view. Check-in time at the Yacht Club is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Yacht Club Menus:
- Ale and Compass Lounge
- Beaches and Cream
- Crew's Cup Lounge
- Hurricane Hanna's Grille
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
As is the case with the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has the luxury of a large variety of dining options within close proximity. Fine dining is offered at the restaurants at the Boardwalk Resorts, Swan and Dolphin hotels, and Beach Club, as well as Epcot's World Showcase restaurants. The Yacht Club has 2 excellent restaurants of its own in the Captain's Grille and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. As expected, a yachting theme is prominent in the Captain's Grille with models of yachts and brightly colored tabletops.
Formerly the Yacht Club Galley. The nautical colors in this restaurant add charm to its New England style. It is open for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. From 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., lunch is offered. New England Clam Chowder, Black Bay Crab Cakes, a multitude of salads, and hot and cold sandwiches are available in addition to pasta, ribs, chicken, fish, steak and the catch of the day. Click Here for the menu.
The elegant Yachtsman Steakhouse is the Yacht Club's signature restaurant and is a steak-lover's delight. Open only for dinner, the Yachtsman Steakhouse serves from 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. A glassed-in kitchen allows guests to watch their entrees being prepared. The House Specialties include prime cuts of aged beef such as Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse steak, and Chateaubriand for two. Chicken, chops, lobster, tuna, and mahi mahi are offered as well. Click Here for the menu.
Room service is available 24 hours a day and an extensive menu is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including specialty pizzas, and fruit, vegetable, cheese or nacho platters for late night snacks.
The Yacht Club shares the best pool complex on property with the Beach Club, Stormalong Bay. This is like a mini-water park and there are many areas to explore. The waterslide is housed in a shipwreck and empties out into the larger pool area. There is an area with pulsating water jets and a lazy river where you can float along the current in inner tubes. One of the most unique features of Stormalong Bay is the sandy bottom of the pool. There are several secluded spas around the complex as well as a kiddie pool complete with a mini-water slide. The popularity of Stormalong Bay with non-resort guests prompted Disney to surround the complex with a fence that is guarded by Cast Members checking resort IDs. Only Yacht and Beach Club guests and DVC members can use Stormalong Bay. A small beach shack rents tubes and pool noodles and distributes pool towels.
There is also a quiet pool at the far end of the resort near the Dolphin and pool towels are available here too. There is a sandy beach on Crescent Lake, but swimming is not allowed.
If swimming isn't the only "water sport" on your agenda, you can rent water mice, sailboats, pontoon boats, canopy boats, hydra-bikes or pedal boats or book a fishing excursion.
The Ship Shape Health Club offers a more physical workout alternative. Guests pay to use the latest in fitness equipment such as Lifecircuit, Nautilus, Lifestep, Lifecycle, Liferower, Gravitron, Nordic Track, Stair Master, treadmill, free weights, steam room, sauna, whirlpool or massage.
Picturesque Crescent Lake and the area resorts provide the backdrop for those who prefer a jog around the 2.5 mile Boardwalk promenade. If tennis is your game, two lighted tennis courts are offered along with complimentary equipment for those guests in need. If after all of this you still have time on your hands, play beach volleyball, lawn bowling , croquet or play in the Lafferty Place Arcade.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Sandcastle Club is open from 5 p.m. to midnight, and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs at Hurricane Hanna's
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar at Stormalong Bay
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary Local Newspaper
- ATM machine
- Shops: Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions (clothing, sundries and character merchandise)
- Voice Mail
- Free Wireless Internet
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Data port Link
- 2 Pools, 4 spas, sauna
- Exercise Facility
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Children Activities
- Marina, Beaches
- Game Room
- 4 Restaurants, 2 Lounges
- Hair Styling Salon
- Beach Volleyball Court
Magic Kingdom: Take the bus from the front of the resort. Bus service is shared by the Beach Club, and Boardwalk Resorts as well. A leisurely, but more scenic, alternative is to walk through Epcot and take the Monorail to the TTC (don't forget to ask the attending Cast Member if you can sit up front with the driver) and switch to the Magic Kingdom Monorail from the TTC.
Epcot: If it's too hot to walk or if you simply want to conserve your energy, take the Friendship boat launch. But take note that the launch also stops at the Swan/Dolphin and the Boardwalk Resorts docks so the trip to Epcot could take up to 20 minutes.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take a separate Friendship launch. As with the Epcot launch, service is shared with the other Crescent Lake resorts. Once again, this trip can take up to 20 minutes.
Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach: Buses will transport guests to these parks. However in addition to the Y & BC guests, the bus also makes stops at the Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin hotels.
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon: The buses marked "Downtown Disney" will take you there. For those wishing to go anywhere else on (or off) property, Bell Services can get a taxi for you.
For groups requiring meeting facilities, the Yacht and Beach Club offers a 52,000 square foot convention center with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system. The Harbour Ballroom is over 36,000 square feet and can accommodate 2,800 guests. With 21 breakout rooms, a business center, satellite up/down link capabilities, vast exhibit capabilities, and comprehensive meeting support, the Yacht and Beach Club conference facility is a very attractive location for businesses. Custom-made merchandise can be ordered for conferences and/or meetings held in WDW Resorts. For more information on this, call the Specialty Merchandising Department at (407)363-6433.
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience returns to Disney's Star Wars Weekends
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW