Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Maximum persons per room: 5 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1213 (combined with Beach Club)
Price per night: $289 - $2,040
Room size: 381 Sq Ft.Check in 3pm - out 11am
Disney's Yacht Club ResortWhen Walt Disney World was looking for an architect to design the Yacht Club, they found the perfect candidate in noted architect, Robert A. M. Stern. Stern was known for his designs of East Coast seaside homes and he brought his expertise of the New England seashore hotels of the late 1800's to the Yacht Club. Unlike the casual atmosphere of its sister resort, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has more of a quiet, understated elegance about it. This sophistication is found in the dark hardwood floors, leather couches and antique chandeliers of the lobby. The nautical theme is enhanced with brass fixtures and rich millwork. The exterior of the stately Yacht Club is of gray and white clapboard. The East Coast seaside theme is prominent in this area with a lighthouse at the end of the Yacht and Beach Club dock and the Boardwalk that circles Crescent Lake.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Yacht Club Review— May 2nd, 2012
Pete Werner, Walter Echols and Dustin West have their review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
There are 20 suites and 71 concierge suites for those who prefer a little luxury with their vacation. Some of the suites include a lavishly furnished sitting room area and separate bedroom with a king sized bed. The large bathroom includes a hot tub, a vanity area, a television and a walk-in shower.
Concierge suites are all located on the fifth floor, which is only accessible with a private key-card. The regular concierge suite is very much like a regular guest room with respect to size and furnishings. But concierge amenities include television speakers in the bathroom, robes, a hairdryer, makeup mirror, and a nightly deluxe turndown service. Concierge service includes use of the concierge lounge and concierge staff for private check-in and check-out, to make dining Priority Seatings, plan outings, answering questions, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, and filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs. The concierge lounge is also found on the fifth floor. Here you'll find a complimentary continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., you can watch a Disney video and munch on cookies and milk. A wine and cheese bar is available between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. And from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., cordials and delicious desserts are here to tempt you.
Murphy Rooms: "Murphy" or "King Standard" rooms include a king sized bed that could fold up into the wall. A small sitting area has a love seat and coffee table, a small table with 2 chairs, sink, counter top and a double sink inside a full bathroom. While the room is smaller than the regular rooms, it is offered at a slightly lower nightly rate and is suitable for two adults. Resort guests have three views available to them at the Yacht Club. The Standard view of some of the guest rooms, is that of the parking lot or wooded areas around the resort. The Garden view is available for concierge level rooms and overlooks nicely landscaped areas such as the quiet pool or the wedding gazebo. Regular guest rooms or concierge level rooms can choose a water view of Crescent Lake. Be aware that in the regular rooms, this water view may not be a direct view. Check-in time at the Yacht Club is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Yacht Club Menus:
- Ale and Compass Lounge
- Beaches and Cream
- Crew's Cup Lounge
- Hurricane Hanna's Grille
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
As is the case with the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has the luxury of a large variety of dining options within close proximity. Fine dining is offered at the restaurants at the Boardwalk Resorts, Swan and Dolphin hotels, and Beach Club, as well as Epcot's World Showcase restaurants. The Yacht Club has 2 excellent restaurants of its own in the Captain's Grille and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. As expected, a yachting theme is prominent in the Captain's Grille with models of yachts and brightly colored tabletops.
Formerly the Yacht Club Galley. The nautical colors in this restaurant add charm to its New England style. It is open for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. From 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., lunch is offered. New England Clam Chowder, Black Bay Crab Cakes, a multitude of salads, and hot and cold sandwiches are available in addition to pasta, ribs, chicken, fish, steak and the catch of the day. Click Here for the menu.
The elegant Yachtsman Steakhouse is the Yacht Club's signature restaurant and is a steak-lover's delight. Open only for dinner, the Yachtsman Steakhouse serves from 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. A glassed-in kitchen allows guests to watch their entrees being prepared. The House Specialties include prime cuts of aged beef such as Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse steak, and Chateaubriand for two. Chicken, chops, lobster, tuna, and mahi mahi are offered as well. Click Here for the menu.
Room service is available 24 hours a day and an extensive menu is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including specialty pizzas, and fruit, vegetable, cheese or nacho platters for late night snacks.
The Yacht Club shares the best pool complex on property with the Beach Club, Stormalong Bay. This is like a mini-water park and there are many areas to explore. The waterslide is housed in a shipwreck and empties out into the larger pool area. There is an area with pulsating water jets and a lazy river where you can float along the current in inner tubes. One of the most unique features of Stormalong Bay is the sandy bottom of the pool. There are several secluded spas around the complex as well as a kiddie pool complete with a mini-water slide. The popularity of Stormalong Bay with non-resort guests prompted Disney to surround the complex with a fence that is guarded by Cast Members checking resort IDs. Only Yacht and Beach Club guests and DVC members can use Stormalong Bay. A small beach shack rents tubes and pool noodles and distributes pool towels.
There is also a quiet pool at the far end of the resort near the Dolphin and pool towels are available here too. There is a sandy beach on Crescent Lake, but swimming is not allowed.
If swimming isn't the only "water sport" on your agenda, you can rent water mice, sailboats, pontoon boats, canopy boats, hydra-bikes or pedal boats or book a fishing excursion.
The Ship Shape Health Club offers a more physical workout alternative. Guests pay to use the latest in fitness equipment such as Lifecircuit, Nautilus, Lifestep, Lifecycle, Liferower, Gravitron, Nordic Track, Stair Master, treadmill, free weights, steam room, sauna, whirlpool or massage.
Picturesque Crescent Lake and the area resorts provide the backdrop for those who prefer a jog around the 2.5 mile Boardwalk promenade. If tennis is your game, two lighted tennis courts are offered along with complimentary equipment for those guests in need. If after all of this you still have time on your hands, play beach volleyball, lawn bowling , croquet or play in the Lafferty Place Arcade.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Sandcastle Club is open from 5 p.m. to midnight, and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs at Hurricane Hanna's
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar at Stormalong Bay
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary Local Newspaper
- ATM machine
- Shops: Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions (clothing, sundries and character merchandise)
- Voice Mail
- Free Wireless Internet
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Data port Link
- 2 Pools, 4 spas, sauna
- Exercise Facility
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Children Activities
- Marina, Beaches
- Game Room
- 4 Restaurants, 2 Lounges
- Hair Styling Salon
- Beach Volleyball Court
Magic Kingdom: Take the bus from the front of the resort. Bus service is shared by the Beach Club, and Boardwalk Resorts as well. A leisurely, but more scenic, alternative is to walk through Epcot and take the Monorail to the TTC (don't forget to ask the attending Cast Member if you can sit up front with the driver) and switch to the Magic Kingdom Monorail from the TTC.
Epcot: If it's too hot to walk or if you simply want to conserve your energy, take the Friendship boat launch. But take note that the launch also stops at the Swan/Dolphin and the Boardwalk Resorts docks so the trip to Epcot could take up to 20 minutes.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take a separate Friendship launch. As with the Epcot launch, service is shared with the other Crescent Lake resorts. Once again, this trip can take up to 20 minutes.
Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach: Buses will transport guests to these parks. However in addition to the Y & BC guests, the bus also makes stops at the Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin hotels.
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon: The buses marked "Downtown Disney" will take you there. For those wishing to go anywhere else on (or off) property, Bell Services can get a taxi for you.
For groups requiring meeting facilities, the Yacht and Beach Club offers a 52,000 square foot convention center with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system. The Harbour Ballroom is over 36,000 square feet and can accommodate 2,800 guests. With 21 breakout rooms, a business center, satellite up/down link capabilities, vast exhibit capabilities, and comprehensive meeting support, the Yacht and Beach Club conference facility is a very attractive location for businesses. Custom-made merchandise can be ordered for conferences and/or meetings held in WDW Resorts. For more information on this, call the Specialty Merchandising Department at (407)363-6433.
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
- Renovation on SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium nearly complete
- Housekeeper attacked at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Changes to Disney's FastPass+, including park hopping, announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW