Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Maximum persons per room: 5 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1213 (combined with Beach Club)
Price per night: $289 - $2,040
Room size: 381 Sq Ft.Check in 3pm - out 11am
Disney's Yacht Club ResortWhen Walt Disney World was looking for an architect to design the Yacht Club, they found the perfect candidate in noted architect, Robert A. M. Stern. Stern was known for his designs of East Coast seaside homes and he brought his expertise of the New England seashore hotels of the late 1800's to the Yacht Club. Unlike the casual atmosphere of its sister resort, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has more of a quiet, understated elegance about it. This sophistication is found in the dark hardwood floors, leather couches and antique chandeliers of the lobby. The nautical theme is enhanced with brass fixtures and rich millwork. The exterior of the stately Yacht Club is of gray and white clapboard. The East Coast seaside theme is prominent in this area with a lighthouse at the end of the Yacht and Beach Club dock and the Boardwalk that circles Crescent Lake.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Yacht Club Review— May 2nd, 2012
Pete Werner, Walter Echols and Dustin West have their review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
There are 20 suites and 71 concierge suites for those who prefer a little luxury with their vacation. Some of the suites include a lavishly furnished sitting room area and separate bedroom with a king sized bed. The large bathroom includes a hot tub, a vanity area, a television and a walk-in shower.
Concierge suites are all located on the fifth floor, which is only accessible with a private key-card. The regular concierge suite is very much like a regular guest room with respect to size and furnishings. But concierge amenities include television speakers in the bathroom, robes, a hairdryer, makeup mirror, and a nightly deluxe turndown service. Concierge service includes use of the concierge lounge and concierge staff for private check-in and check-out, to make dining Priority Seatings, plan outings, answering questions, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, and filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs. The concierge lounge is also found on the fifth floor. Here you'll find a complimentary continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., you can watch a Disney video and munch on cookies and milk. A wine and cheese bar is available between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. And from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., cordials and delicious desserts are here to tempt you.
Murphy Rooms: "Murphy" or "King Standard" rooms include a king sized bed that could fold up into the wall. A small sitting area has a love seat and coffee table, a small table with 2 chairs, sink, counter top and a double sink inside a full bathroom. While the room is smaller than the regular rooms, it is offered at a slightly lower nightly rate and is suitable for two adults. Resort guests have three views available to them at the Yacht Club. The Standard view of some of the guest rooms, is that of the parking lot or wooded areas around the resort. The Garden view is available for concierge level rooms and overlooks nicely landscaped areas such as the quiet pool or the wedding gazebo. Regular guest rooms or concierge level rooms can choose a water view of Crescent Lake. Be aware that in the regular rooms, this water view may not be a direct view. Check-in time at the Yacht Club is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Yacht Club Menus:
- Ale and Compass Lounge
- Beaches and Cream
- Crew's Cup Lounge
- Hurricane Hanna's Grille
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
As is the case with the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has the luxury of a large variety of dining options within close proximity. Fine dining is offered at the restaurants at the Boardwalk Resorts, Swan and Dolphin hotels, and Beach Club, as well as Epcot's World Showcase restaurants. The Yacht Club has 2 excellent restaurants of its own in the Captain's Grille and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. As expected, a yachting theme is prominent in the Captain's Grille with models of yachts and brightly colored tabletops.
Formerly the Yacht Club Galley. The nautical colors in this restaurant add charm to its New England style. It is open for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. From 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., lunch is offered. New England Clam Chowder, Black Bay Crab Cakes, a multitude of salads, and hot and cold sandwiches are available in addition to pasta, ribs, chicken, fish, steak and the catch of the day. Click Here for the menu.
The elegant Yachtsman Steakhouse is the Yacht Club's signature restaurant and is a steak-lover's delight. Open only for dinner, the Yachtsman Steakhouse serves from 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. A glassed-in kitchen allows guests to watch their entrees being prepared. The House Specialties include prime cuts of aged beef such as Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse steak, and Chateaubriand for two. Chicken, chops, lobster, tuna, and mahi mahi are offered as well. Click Here for the menu.
Room service is available 24 hours a day and an extensive menu is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including specialty pizzas, and fruit, vegetable, cheese or nacho platters for late night snacks.
The Yacht Club shares the best pool complex on property with the Beach Club, Stormalong Bay. This is like a mini-water park and there are many areas to explore. The waterslide is housed in a shipwreck and empties out into the larger pool area. There is an area with pulsating water jets and a lazy river where you can float along the current in inner tubes. One of the most unique features of Stormalong Bay is the sandy bottom of the pool. There are several secluded spas around the complex as well as a kiddie pool complete with a mini-water slide. The popularity of Stormalong Bay with non-resort guests prompted Disney to surround the complex with a fence that is guarded by Cast Members checking resort IDs. Only Yacht and Beach Club guests and DVC members can use Stormalong Bay. A small beach shack rents tubes and pool noodles and distributes pool towels.
There is also a quiet pool at the far end of the resort near the Dolphin and pool towels are available here too. There is a sandy beach on Crescent Lake, but swimming is not allowed.
If swimming isn't the only "water sport" on your agenda, you can rent water mice, sailboats, pontoon boats, canopy boats, hydra-bikes or pedal boats or book a fishing excursion.
The Ship Shape Health Club offers a more physical workout alternative. Guests pay to use the latest in fitness equipment such as Lifecircuit, Nautilus, Lifestep, Lifecycle, Liferower, Gravitron, Nordic Track, Stair Master, treadmill, free weights, steam room, sauna, whirlpool or massage.
Picturesque Crescent Lake and the area resorts provide the backdrop for those who prefer a jog around the 2.5 mile Boardwalk promenade. If tennis is your game, two lighted tennis courts are offered along with complimentary equipment for those guests in need. If after all of this you still have time on your hands, play beach volleyball, lawn bowling , croquet or play in the Lafferty Place Arcade.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Sandcastle Club is open from 5 p.m. to midnight, and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs at Hurricane Hanna's
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar at Stormalong Bay
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary Local Newspaper
- ATM machine
- Shops: Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions (clothing, sundries and character merchandise)
- Voice Mail
- Free Wireless Internet
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Data port Link
- 2 Pools, 4 spas, sauna
- Exercise Facility
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Children Activities
- Marina, Beaches
- Game Room
- 4 Restaurants, 2 Lounges
- Hair Styling Salon
- Beach Volleyball Court
Magic Kingdom: Take the bus from the front of the resort. Bus service is shared by the Beach Club, and Boardwalk Resorts as well. A leisurely, but more scenic, alternative is to walk through Epcot and take the Monorail to the TTC (don't forget to ask the attending Cast Member if you can sit up front with the driver) and switch to the Magic Kingdom Monorail from the TTC.
Epcot: If it's too hot to walk or if you simply want to conserve your energy, take the Friendship boat launch. But take note that the launch also stops at the Swan/Dolphin and the Boardwalk Resorts docks so the trip to Epcot could take up to 20 minutes.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take a separate Friendship launch. As with the Epcot launch, service is shared with the other Crescent Lake resorts. Once again, this trip can take up to 20 minutes.
Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach: Buses will transport guests to these parks. However in addition to the Y & BC guests, the bus also makes stops at the Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin hotels.
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon: The buses marked "Downtown Disney" will take you there. For those wishing to go anywhere else on (or off) property, Bell Services can get a taxi for you.
For groups requiring meeting facilities, the Yacht and Beach Club offers a 52,000 square foot convention center with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system. The Harbour Ballroom is over 36,000 square feet and can accommodate 2,800 guests. With 21 breakout rooms, a business center, satellite up/down link capabilities, vast exhibit capabilities, and comprehensive meeting support, the Yacht and Beach Club conference facility is a very attractive location for businesses. Custom-made merchandise can be ordered for conferences and/or meetings held in WDW Resorts. For more information on this, call the Specialty Merchandising Department at (407)363-6433.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios