Star Wars Weekends
30th Anniversary of "Star Wars:
Episode VI Return of the Jedi"
May 17-19, 24-26, 31 - June 2, 7-9, 2013
Guests will have an opportunity to take a photo with a life-size rancor, Jabba the Hutt's pet in Return of the Jedi. The replica is often found at Star Wars fan events, is 17-feet long and weighs more than 700 pounds.
- "Obi-Wan & Beyond" stars James Arnold Taylor and is hosted each day of the event. Taylor will give a presentation on voice acting.
- "Visit to the Maul" will be offered on Weekends I and II by Ray Park. Park will demonstrate his martial arts talents.
- "An Ewok's Tale - my short story" will take place on Weekends II and III by Warwick Davis. Guests will learn about the actor's life.
Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios
There are costumed characters available for photo ops. Just be warned, there are also diehard fans who dress up for this. While I'm sure that most of them won't mind posing for pictures, they won't be the 'real thing.' (How they walk around in Florida in June in 1,000 degree temps in full Star Wars regalia is beyond me, but I digress.)
The daily parade features celebrity guests from a Star Wars movie. There are also members of the local Star Wars fan club. (Some of their costumes are pretty impressive.)
As the name implies, Stars Wars Weekends takes place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A regular Disney's Hollywood Studios admission is all that's needed to attend this event.
The centerpiece of this celebration is the Star Tours attraction.
More than 60 characters will be there representing all six of the Star Wars films: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Guests will have opportunities to meet Star Wars characters. (NOTE: These are characters, not the actors who portrayed them.)
There's a little known Jedi Knight who always makes appearances; none other than Mickey Mouse himself. He's a cutie with his scaled down light saber. Definitely a great photo op.
There will be scheduled interviews of the celebrities and creative forces involved in Stars Wars. Click here for the list.
The “Jedi Training Academy” began with this event and has now become a permanent part of Disney's Hollywood Studios entertainment. No doubt it will be considerably busier during this event.
Guests 12 and under can test their Star Wars knowledge when they appear in front of the Jedi Council at the Padawan Mind Challenge.
Behind the Force lets you see what went into the making of the Star Wars movies.
A Galaxy of merchandise will be on display and available for purchase at "Darth's Mall," designed just for Star Wars Weekends. There will be event-exclusive merchandise including limited edition pins as well as Vinylmations, posters, clothing, and other items that commemorate this special occasion. You can even get a nametag with your name written in Aurebesh, a Star Wars alphabet. My advice, get there early as they can sell out.
At the end of each day's events, Hyperspace Hoopla brings fans and the Star Wars characters together for a fun conclusion to the activities.
James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein will be your celebrity hosts for all 4 weekends. Ashley Eckstein will be Celebrity Host of "Behind the Force," the live behind-the-scenes show giving fans a glimpse into the Star Wars Universe.
You must have a FASTPASS ticket to receive an autograph.
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
- Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex - The Clone Wars)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Warwick Davis (Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Jim Cummings (Hondo Ohnaka - The Clone Wars)
May 31 - June 2
- Warwick Davis (Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar)
- Sam Witwer (Darth Maul - The Clone Wars)
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Tom Kane (Yoda - The Clone Wars)
Guest appearances subject to change without notice.
Disney's FASTPASS Service will be used for all Autograph sessions during Star Wars Weekends. A limited number of FASTPASS tickets are available. You will pick up your ticket with a scheduled autograph return time. You are free to enjoy the park until your FASTPASS autograph return time. At your designated time return to the autograph location. Each guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS. Once the tickets for an actor are gone, Disney will distribute a limited number of stand by tickets with a return time. See park guide for more details.
2013 Characters that may appear during the Weekends.
- Autograph Sessions throughout the day
- Motorcade at 11:00am
- Celebrity Welcome (Main Stage) 11:15am
- Stars of the Saga Talk Show and Q&A Session (Premier Theater) - 3:30pm
- Jedi Training Academy - 8:45am, 9:20am, 10:05am, 10:35am, 12:00pm, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm
- Behind the Force (Premier Theatre) - 12:00p, 1:45pm
- Obi-Wan and Beyond (Premier Theater) - 6:30pm
- Visit to the Maul starring Ray Park (Premier Theater) - 5:00 pm
- Padawan Mind Challenge at 2:10pm and 4:30pm
- Hyperspace Hoopla (Main Stage) - 8:00pm
- Star Wars Character Encounters- 8:00am - 7:30pm
Webmaster Bob was sent to Star Wars Weekends.
(You can't miss him. He's that handsome dude in the ECV.)
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW