Star Wars Weekends - Join the Rebellion
May 16-18, 23-25, 30 - June 1, 6-8, 13-15, 2014
Mark Hamill, the actor who played Luke Skywalker, will be making his first appearance at Star Wars Weekends! Hamill will be attending Weekend IV (June 6-8) and will participate in the daily "Legends of the Force" motorcade and a featured talk show. He will not be signing autographs.
- A fifth Weekend has been added - June 13-15.
- Symphony in the Stars fireworks will take place each night of the event.
- The Hyperspace Hoopla party will no longer take place. There will be a "nightly curtain call moment" with several of the Star Wars characters
- James Arnold Taylor will return as the celebrity host.
- Ashley Eckstein will host a "Behind the Force" show each weekend. The show will feature several main cast members from Star Wars Rebels.
Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios
There are costumed characters available for photo ops. Just be warned, there are also diehard fans who dress up for this. While I'm sure that most of them won't mind posing for pictures, they won't be the 'real thing.' (How they walk around in Florida in June in 1,000 degree temps in full Star Wars regalia is beyond me, but I digress.)
The daily parade features celebrity guests from a Star Wars movie. There are also members of the local Star Wars fan club. (Some of their costumes are pretty impressive.)
As the name implies, Stars Wars Weekends takes place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A regular Disney's Hollywood Studios admission is all that's needed to attend this event.
The centerpiece of this celebration is the Star Tours attraction.
More than 60 characters will be there representing all six of the Star Wars films: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Guests will have opportunities to meet Star Wars characters. (NOTE: These are characters, not the actors who portrayed them.)
There's a little known Jedi Knight who always makes appearances; none other than Mickey Mouse himself. He's a cutie with his scaled down light saber. Definitely a great photo op.
There will be scheduled interviews of the celebrities and creative forces involved in Stars Wars. Click here for the list.
The “Jedi Training Academy” began with this event and has now become a permanent part of Disney's Hollywood Studios entertainment. No doubt it will be considerably busier during this event.
Guests 12 and under can test their Star Wars knowledge when they appear in front of the Jedi Council at the Padawan Mind Challenge.
Behind the Force lets you see what went into the making of the Star Wars movies.
A Galaxy of merchandise will be on display and available for purchase at "Darth's Mall," designed just for Star Wars Weekends. There will be event-exclusive merchandise including limited edition pins as well as Vinylmations, posters, clothing, and other items that commemorate this special occasion. You can even get a nametag with your name written in Aurebesh, a Star Wars alphabet. My advice, get there early as they can sell out.
At the end of each day's events, Hyperspace Hoopla brings fans and the Star Wars characters together for a fun conclusion to the activities. - This has been cancelled for 2014.
May 16-18, 2014
- Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla - Star Wars Rebels)
May 23-25, 2014
- Warwick Davis (Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, Capt. Jeremoch Colton)
- Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren - Star Wars Rebels)
May 30 - June 1, 2014
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- John Ratzenberger (Major Bren Derlin)
- Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger - Star Wars Rebels)
June 6-8, 2014
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, Darth Bane - The Clone Wars)
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger - Star Wars Rebels)
June 13-15, 2014
- Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex/the Clones, Bossk and more - The Clone Wars)
- Cat Taber (Padme Amidala and more - The Clone Wars)
- Tom Kane (Yoda - The Clone Wars and more)
- Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker and more - The Clone Wars)
- Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios - Star Wars Rebels)
Guest appearances subject to change without notice.
Disney's FASTPASS Service will be used for all Autograph sessions during Star Wars Weekends. A limited number of FASTPASS tickets are available. You will pick up your ticket with a scheduled autograph return time. You are free to enjoy the park until your FASTPASS autograph return time. At your designated time return to the autograph location. Each guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS. Once the tickets for an actor are gone, Disney will distribute a limited number of stand by tickets with a return time. See park guide for more details.
2013 Characters that may appear during the Weekends.
- Autograph Sessions throughout the day
- Motorcade at 11:00am
- Celebrity Welcome (Main Stage) 11:15am
- Stars of the Saga Talk Show and Q&A Session (Premier Theater) - 3:30pm
- Jedi Training Academy - 8:45am, 9:20am, 10:05am, 10:35am, 12:00pm, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm
- Behind the Force (Premier Theatre) - 12:00p, 1:45pm
- Obi-Wan and Beyond (Premier Theater) - 6:30pm
- Visit to the Maul starring Ray Park (Premier Theater) - 5:00 pm
- Padawan Mind Challenge at 2:10pm and 4:30pm
- Hyperspace Hoopla (Main Stage) - 8:00pm
- Star Wars Character Encounters- 8:00am - 7:30pm
D-Tech Me Carbon-Freeze Me experience
The popular Carbon-Freeze Me experience is back, but is expanded yet again this year. Guests will have the chance to make one of their Star Wars dreams come true - to see themselves frozen in carbonite, just like Darth Vader did to Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back. Using an 3D high-resolution face scanner designed by Disney Imagineers, an image of the guest's face will be taken and then processed by computer and sent to a high resolution 3D printer. The result will be a 3D, seven-inch figurine of the guest frozen in carbonite.
In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot. Both male and female options are offered for the X-Wing Pilot, Carbon-Freeze Me and Stormtrooper figurines. A 16-inch figurine is available, as well as the smaller 7-inch size.
The whole experience takes about 10 minutes. 7-inch figurines are $99.95 each, plus shipping and sales tax. 16-inch figurines are $1,499.95 (no, that's not a typo!), plus shipping and sales tax. Figures will mailed 7-8 weeks later. Call 407-WDW-TECH for questions or to reserve a spot. This experience is only available during Star Wars Weekends (May 16 – 18, May 23 – 25, May 30 – June 1, June 6 – 8, and June 13-15).
Rebel Rendezvous - Thursday, May 15, 2014
Disney's Hollywood Studios from 10:00am - 5:00pm
Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public. Cost to attend is $250 per person. Attendees will receive a limited edition recruitment pack with items like a custom messenger bag, cadet hat, tumbler, lanyard, pin and medal set; the opportunity to purchase select 2014 Star Wars Weekends merchandise; special meet and greets with characters and Disney artists.
Registration begins 3/4/14 at 1:00pm EST at www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.
Webmaster Bob was sent to Star Wars Weekends.
(You can't miss him. He's that handsome dude in the ECV.)
- Full list of celebrities attending Star Wars Weekends 2014 - New on the list this year are Mark Hamill and John Ratzenberger.
- Race dates for Disney's Marathon Weekend and Princess Half Marathon - List of all the individual race dates for both weekends.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- First quarter earnings for Universal Orlando
- Cell phone charging stations added to Magic Kingdom
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios