Disney Celebration Vacation
The following information was from 2009
What will you celebrate? Walt Disney World and Disneyland in California is featuring "Celebration Vacations". A highlight of this celebration is a free ticket to a theme park on your Birthday.
Some of the activities planned are:
"Celebrate! A Dream Come True Parade" - 3:00 parade.
Magic Kingdom Parade at Walt Disney World. Parade route starts at Town Square and continues through Frontierland.
Magic Kingdom "Move It! Shake it! Celebrate It!" - The route of this parade is similar to the discontinued Family Fun Day parade, which starts at Town Square and moves down Main Street. Similar to the Block Party Bash, this will take place multiple times a day and will involve guest participation (12-15 guests). This parade will include contemporary songs (Breakout by Miley Cyrus), stilt walkers, floats, Disney characters, and much more.
Different Costumes for Characters - All of the Disney characters have a celebration costume..Goofy as a Jester.
Illuminations Celebration Addition - Illumintations "Refelctions of Earth" at Epcot has a celebration overlay added to it.
Street Parties: The call to “Celebrate Today!” as "the happiest party on Earth" begins with music and dancing.
Tomorrowland Party: Stitch and a DJ invite guests to join with the interactive dance troupe and party to to retro-futuristic music.
Park Décor: Party hats, balloons and banners decorate the parks.
Buttons: Complimentary celebration buttons continue to be given out to guests celebrating a special occasion. "Just Engaged"
Special cakes and desserts at participating restaurants.
- The Disney Florist offer celebratory in-room
decorations and products.
- Custom Bakery Cakes and Signature Desserts: A new line of celebration desserts and decorated cakes can be ordered. The "My Mini Cake Surprise" is a themed, personal size cake with a special surprise included. (407) WDW-DINE
- Sweetheart Dinner for Two: Prix Fixe dinner featuring souvenir “Celebrate Today!” champagne flutes.
- Family Portraits: Portrait sessions with a Walt Disney World photographer.Capture the memory with a portrait session with Walt Disney World photographers. (407) WDW-DINE
- Personalized Souvenirs: Personalized Mouse ears, character T-shirts, pins and more
- Decorate Your Disney Guest Room: Have your Disney resort room decorated with banners, confetti and special surprises to celebrate a Birthday, Congratulations, or a Disney Welcome. (407) W-DISNEY
- Magical Pop Up Party Pack: Goodie Bag with activities and surprise pop-up centerpiece. (407) WDW-DINE
- Stay Inside a Dream Theme: Book a themed guest room featuring Pirate Themed rooms at Walt Disney World and Princess or Mickey themed rooms in Disneyland.
- Set Sail: Book a private cruise on a yacht or join in a shared magical fireworks cruise - 2009 will feature a new night time Wishes excursion.
- Go Inside the Magic: Behind-the-scenes tours
- Disney Story Book Experiences: Choose from pirate adventures, tea parties, princess makeovers, etc.
- Disneyland Parties: “Celebration Roundup and Barbecue at Big Thunder Ranch,” featuring frontier entertainment, goodie bags and a surprise treat for everyone. “My Disneyland Birthday Party” features cake decorating, party hats and visits by Mickey and Minnie.
** You can either pre-register for your complimentary birthday admission or fill out forms at the gate. The following restrictions apply:
- You must be 18 to register online. If you are under the age of 18, an adult must register for you
- You must produce proof of your birth date and appropriate ID which includes a Driver's license, State or Government issued ID or Government issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and do not have any of the above, either an original or notarized birth certificate must be shown
- This offer applies to guests ages 3 and up and is open to all
- You can upgrade your ticket at an additional cost and it can only be used by the birthday celebrant. Select guests who receive the One Day/One Park ticket which is valid for 12 months may not upgrade it.
If you have a multi-day ticket or are a Seasonal/Annual Passholder, you can choose from the following options:
- A One Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket which can be used anytime before your next birthday
- A special "Birthday FastPass" for the celebrant and up to 5 members in his/her party - NOTE: These are limited and may not be available after 11:00am
- A Birthday Fun Card (see below) equal in price to a One Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket that can be used on your birthday for merchandise, activities and activities. (Adults receive the equivalent of an adult ticket, kids age 3 -9 get the equivalent of a child's ticket)
Birthday Fun Card:
- You may use the Birthday Fun Card only towards the purchase of merchandise at participating merchandise owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort room/charges or a Disney Cruise Line reservation or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.
- The Birthday Fun Card is not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at Epcot, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.
- The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland Resort Operating Participant locations or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Disneyland Resort, including but not limited to, Midway Games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Paradise Pier Face Painting, Airbrush Tattoos, Rubio Portrait Artist or at Downtown Disney District locations except the World of Disney Store, Marceline's Confectionery, and the Downtown Disney District Pin Cart. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland Resort outdoor vending carts.
- No portion of the Birthday Fun Card balances will be redeemed for cash.
- The terms of acceptance of the Birthday Fun Card by participating Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort locations may vary. Check with individual locations for Birthday Fun Card program participation details.
- The Birthday Fun Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen, except as may be required by law.
- A damaged Birthday Fun Card will only be replaced if the original card is presented on the day the card was issued to the Guest Relations Lobby at Disney's California Adventure Park or City Hall at Disneyland Park.
- The Birthday Fun Card may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.
- The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or gift certificates/cards.
- The Birthday Fun Card is issued by and represents an obligation of Disney Gift Card Services, Inc.
- The Birthday Fun Card is not a credit or debit card and carries no warranties, express or implied
- Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your birthday fun card
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom