"DIS Only" Adventures by Disney Trips
These are 'exclusive' departures, open only to our group so this is a great opportunity to meet up with other DIS visitors and Disney fans from around the world!
While we do all the same events and locations that are normally done with the ABD tours, we always like to throw in something a little extra special on the DIS trips. You'll be traveling with members of the DIS Unplugged Podcast team on each of these trips as well.
- Backstage Magic Tours - Southern California
- England and France Vacation - with Disneyland Add-on
- Germany - Once Upon A Fairytale
Once Upon a Fairytale
September 20 - 28, 2013
Join members of the DIS Unplugged Podcast team for this 8-night exclusive trip through Germany! You will visit the towns of Heidelberg, Waldeck, Rothenburg and Munich, all during Oktoberfest!
In April 2010 we had our first "DIS'ers Only Backstage Magic" tour to California through ABD and it was a HUGE success (44 DIS'ers joined us on that trip - the largest group ever for that adventure).
DIS'ers Only Backstage Magic - *these dates are currently sold out
June 9 - 14, 2013*
December 15 - 20, 2013*
February 17-22, 2014
July 6-11, 2014
December 14-19, 2014
The DIS Unplugged Podcast
The team discusses their recent trip to California on the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour.
Podcast Main | Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes
- Special Access at Disney Imagineering
Visit the Walt Disney Imagineers and get a glimpse of how they make the magic of Disney Theme Parks and Resorts when you see some of the creations conjured by this brilliant group of architects, designers, engineers, technicians and more.
- VIP Tour of The Jim Henson Company Studios
Hey ho! Take a privately guided VIP tour of The Jim Henson Company Studios that includes an up-close look at the Jim Henson's Creature Shop where some of the world's best known characters are born.
- Behind the Scenes at Disneyland® Park
Spend two days enjoying a VIP experience at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure, with special Disney's FASTPASS service and reserved seating for the afternoon parade.
- Backstage at Jimmy Kimmel Live
On a backstage tour, explore this historic theater and hear some entertaining inside stories about the day-to-day excitement involved in producing a nightly comedy-variety show.
- El Capitan Theatre Tour
Step into Hollywood's past with a behind-the-scenes tour of the ornate El Capitan Theatre, lovingly restored as a venue for Disney films and live shows.
Please note: Itinerary subject to change. Photography restrictions apply.
Arrive in Los Angeles
Upon arrival, you will be met by an Adventures by Disney representative who will escort you to your transfer vehicle. Relax as the driver assists with your luggage and escorts you to the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel.
The Renaissance Hollywood Hotel
Meet your Adventure Guide upon arrival at your stylish hotel in the heart of Hollywood. You are steps away from world-famous Hollywood landmarks like Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Kodak Theatre. Many restaurants are close by, as well as Hollywood & Highland Center, a first-class shopping and entertainment center.
Welcome Dinner at Renaissance Hollywood Hotel
Enjoy a delicious dinner at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.
Meal Included: Dinner
Private Hollywood Tour
Tour "old Hollywood" aboard an open-air vehicle with an expert guide, and discover the connections between the Walt Disney Company and Southern California. See world-famous icons—including the El Capitan Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Crossroads of the World, Farmers Market, Tower Hotel, Darkroom, the former location of the Brown Derby and celebrity homes—including Walt Disney's Holmby Hills estate!
The Jim Henson Company Lot Tour
Tour the home of Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and some of your other favorite Muppets! Enjoy a privately guided VIP tour of this historic studio—built in 1917 by Charlie Chaplin. The Jim Henson Company purchased the charming studio in 1999, and it's featured prominently in the new Walt Disney Pictures movie, The Muppets (2011).
Lunch at Tam O'Shanter
Eat lunch at one of Walt Disney's favorite hangouts! Rich with showbiz history, Tam O'Shanter was established in 1922 and is one of Los Angeles' oldest restaurants. The Scottish-themed restaurant serves Old World favorites—including their famous prime rib and Yorkshire pudding.
On Your Own in Hollywood
In the evening, you're on your own to relax or enjoy the wide variety of restaurants and activities in this vibrant area. Your Adventure Guides are available to make recommendations.
Meals Included: Breakfast and Lunch
Walt Disney Imagineering
See how the magic of Disney theme parks and resorts is made. Get a first-hand look at some of the creations conjured up by the architects, designers, engineers, technicians and others who make up the Disney Imagineers.
Walt Disney Studios and The Walt Disney Archives
Enjoy lunch at The Walt Disney Studio commissary and then browse through an assortment of memorabilia at the Studio Store. Afterwards, you'll learn the story of The Walt Disney Studio during your privately-guided tour, which includes a visit to The Walt Disney Archives.
Drive to Disneyland® Resort
Head south to your next home base, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa. This Craftsman-style hotel is within walking distance of both Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park, as well as the Downtown Disney District—a promenade with shops and restaurants. After you're checked in, you'll have time on your own to relax by the pool or go shopping.
Enjpoy your Disneyland Welcome Diinner at Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue at Disneyland Park!
Evening at Disneyland® Park
Enjoy a priority entrance into the Disneyland® Park with a special VIP experience prior to spending the evening on your own.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Breakfast at Disneyland® Park
Start your day with a delicious breakfast at the Happiest Place on Earth!
VIP Custom Tour of Disneyland® Park
Discover the secrets of Disneyland® Park in this privately-guided backstage tour. Visit areas that are off limits to other park Guests as you learn the fascinating history of Walt Disney and his dream—including the Disneyland Dream Suite and Walt Disney's personal apartment.
Relax, people watch and enjoy a great lunch inside the park.
Afternoon and Evening in Disneyland® Resort
Spend the rest of the afternoon and evening on your own at both Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park. Experience the thrills of fantastic attractions and spectacular shows, and be part of the countless magical moments around you. Your VIP experience includes special Disney's FASTPASS service and reserved seating for the afternoon parade.
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch
Character Breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe
Enjoy Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles and rub elbows with Chip, Dale and Pluto at this whimsical breakfast buffet.
Privately Guided VIP experience of Disney's California Adventure™ Park
Before Disney's California Adventure™ Park opens to regular guests, enjoy a privately-guided VIP tour, including a behind-the-scenes look at the inner-workings of the Park, and experience Soarin', Toy Story Mania, a backstage experience at Cars Land and FastPass service to a select attraction.
Lunch and Afternoon On Your Own at the Disneyland® Resort
Spend the rest of your afternoon on your own, enjoying more of the exciting activities at both Parks.
Lunch and Afternoon On Your Own at the Disneyland® Resort
Spend the rest of your afternoon on your own, exploring more of the exciting attractions and activities at both parks.
Bask in the memories of your Southern California experience as you enjoy a special farewell dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure exclusively for you and your newfound friends!
VIP Viewing of World of Color
Watch the epic World of Color water spectacular from a very special VIP viewing area. With more than 1,000 multi-colored fountains, this bigger-than-life show is the perfect finale for your adventure!
Meals Included: Breakfast and Dinner
Bid goodbye to all your fellow adventurers, and enjoy one last breakfast before you go your separate ways.
Transfer to the Airport
Relax and enjoy your final moments in California as we handle your luggage and arrange for transportation to the Los Angeles International airport.
Meal Included: Breakfast
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4