Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Address:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2109
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 300 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica. The Custom House is where the main check in desk is located. The resorts 45 acre lake is 1.4 miles around and makes for a great walking/jogging track. In the middle of the lake, connected by bridge, is Caribbean Cay island which has a number of secluded spots to sit and relax, as well as a childrens play area. Old Port Royale serves as the hub of activity at the resort and its where you'll find several dining options, an arcade, and gift shop. The main pool and marina are located in this area as well. There are volleyball courts, boat and bike rentals, and even 'movies under the stars' to keep you enterained on those days when you choose to relax at the resort.
The majority of rooms at the Caribbean Beach resort are themed after the Disney/Pixar film "Finding Nemo". Bright tropical colors with depictions of characters from the film add a fun vibe. Unlike the other moderate resorts at Walt Disney World, the Caribbean Beach resort has two double beds as opposed to two queen beds. The rooms here are also slightly smaller than the others at 300 sq. ft. (versus 314 sq. ft at Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs). Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to external video ports making it easy to connect a video camera or video game system. There is a mini-fridge available in the room as well as an iron and ironing board, and single serve coffee maker. The in-room safe in these rooms is large - large enough to hold a 15" laptop. There are two sink basins outside the shower/commode allowing one person to get ready while another one showers. A curtain divides this section of the room from the sleeping area.
Pirate themed rooms are also available at an additional charge of $35 to $50 per night over the cost of a standard room, depending on season. These rooms borrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and feature headboards fashioned to look like pirate ships, with a wood barrel serving as the nightstand.
Preferred rooms are located closest to Old Port Royale and are located in the Martinique section in buildings 24, 25 and 26. In Trindad North - buildings 31, 32 and 33. These rooms are in close proximity to Old Port Royale. Rooms in other parts of the resort require a longer walk or use of the internal bus service to reach Old Port Royale.
Room categories at the Caribbean Beach Resort are Standard View, Water View, King Bed, Preferred Room, Pirate theme room (Standard View) and Pirate Themed Room (Water view).
Published 2013 prices for a standard room at the Caribbean Beach Resort range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There is a $25 premium for a water view room, king bed room, and preferred room over the cost of a standard room. The price for pirate themed rooms is anywhere from $35 - $50 more than a standard room depending on location and season.
Old Port Royale is home to the Caribbean Beach Resort's food court (click here for the menu)which is open from 6am until midnight every day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are five counter service locations here, as well as one full service restaurant, Shutters, that is only open for dinner. The counter service options include the Grab-n-Go which has pre-made sandwiches, baked goods, snacks and drinks. There is also the Royale Pizza and Pasta Shop, Old Port Royale Hamburger Shop, Bridgetown Broiler and Montego's Deli. The layout of this food court is significantly different than at any other Disney resort - resembling a charming caribbean street theme that serves to further immerse you in the overall feel of the resort. An excellent assortment of food is offered, with Montego's Deli being among the best.
Shutters Resaturant has long been plagued by negative reviews for mediocre food and generally considered one of the lesser restaurants on property. However, our most recent experience at Shutters was surprisingly good. There is a new chef, significant changes to the menu, and the food we were served was delicious. The menu has a nice assortment of options for just about any taste - with some dishes inspired by the caribbean theme of the restaurant and the resort, and some dishes for the less adventurous. Prices are reasonable as compared to some other Disney dining locations.
Room Service: Blue Runner Pizza Delivery is available from 4:00pm to 11:30pm.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Old Port Royale uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits . Shutters Restaurant uses one table service credit. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
At 2pm daily there is a Jammin' Pool Party bash at the main pool located outside Old Port Royale. There are also a number of pool-side games and activities including Bingo, What's in your beach bag, Disney trivia and more. There is an Island Dance Party at 3pm and a Caribbean Campfire on Fuentes del Morro Beach at 5pm (all events are weather permitting). At 7pm each night is the 'Movie Under the Stars" - located outside Old Port Royale next to the Bannana Cabana.
Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise is for children ages 4-12. Young pirates sail the Caribbean in search of treasure and adventure. Cruises are available Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 9:30AM to 11:30AM. For current pricing, CLICK HERE.
Goombay Games Arcade is located at Old Port Royale and features a variety of video games suited for most age groups. This arcade is one of the smaller ones on property. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system which allows you to purchase points to play games. Cards are swiped at each individual game. Cards can be recharged with more points and points never expire.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
There are a total of 7 pools at the Caribbean Beach Resort, with the main pool - Fuentes del Morro - located outside Old Port Royale. The main pool features waterfalls, waterslides and water canons as well as a large childrens play area. The childrens area is for children under 48" tall and has a number of water features including squirt hoses and water slides. There is also a kiddie pool located here as well as a whirlpool spa.
Jogging Trail - a jogging trail is located around the lake and is 1.4 miles long.
Volleyball - a volleyball court is located on the beach outside Martinque village. Volleyballs are available free of charge at the marina but you must present a resort ID card.
Guided Fishing Excursions - 'Catch and Release' large mouth bass fishing excursions are available at 7:00am, 10:00am and 1:30pm daily. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-BASS. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Barefoot Bay Boat Yard and Bike Works - Pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats or Sea Raycer (small water sprites) are available for rent here by the half hour. Bicycles and Surrey Bikes are available for rent as well. Open from 11:00am to 5:00pm daily.
Due to the expansive size of this resort an internal shuttle bus is available to get around. The shuttle circles the resort and stops at Old Port Royale (food court, pool area, arcade, shopping) as well as the Custom House (check in). Bus transportation to all Disney theme parks is available at several locations around the resort. There are a total of 8 bus stops which are located outside Old Port Royale, across from Trinidad North (Building 33), in Trinidad South between buildings 36 and 37, in Jamaica across the parking lot from building 44, in Aruba across from building 56, in Barbados across the parking lot from building 13, in Martinique across the parking lot from building 23 and at the Custom House. Due to the size of the resort and the number of bus stops, it is strongly recommended that you allow ample time to get to your destination
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios