Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Free Dining Offer is released for the General Public!
The dates included in the offer are:
August 31 - October 3, 2014
October 26 - November 1, 2014
November 9 - November 20, 2014
December 12 - December 23, 2014
Guests staying in a Disney Value Resort will receive the Quick Service Plan for free. Guests staying in a Moderate Resort, Deluxe Resort or Deluxe Villa Resort will receive the Regular Dining Plan for free.
More information on this discount can be found here.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Address:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2109
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 300 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica. The Custom House is where the main check in desk is located. The resorts 45 acre lake is 1.4 miles around and makes for a great walking/jogging track. In the middle of the lake, connected by bridge, is Caribbean Cay island which has a number of secluded spots to sit and relax, as well as a childrens play area. Old Port Royale serves as the hub of activity at the resort and its where you'll find several dining options, an arcade, and gift shop. The main pool and marina are located in this area as well. There are volleyball courts, boat and bike rentals, and even 'movies under the stars' to keep you enterained on those days when you choose to relax at the resort.
The majority of rooms at the Caribbean Beach resort are themed after the Disney/Pixar film "Finding Nemo". Bright tropical colors with depictions of characters from the film add a fun vibe. Unlike the other moderate resorts at Walt Disney World, the Caribbean Beach resort has two double beds as opposed to two queen beds. The rooms here are also slightly smaller than the others at 300 sq. ft. (versus 314 sq. ft at Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs). Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to external video ports making it easy to connect a video camera or video game system. There is a mini-fridge available in the room as well as an iron and ironing board, and single serve coffee maker. The in-room safe in these rooms is large - large enough to hold a 15" laptop. There are two sink basins outside the shower/commode allowing one person to get ready while another one showers. A curtain divides this section of the room from the sleeping area.
Pirate themed rooms are also available at an additional charge of $35 to $50 per night over the cost of a standard room, depending on season. These rooms borrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and feature headboards fashioned to look like pirate ships, with a wood barrel serving as the nightstand.
Preferred rooms are located closest to Old Port Royale and are located in the Martinique section in buildings 24, 25 and 26. In Trindad North - buildings 31, 32 and 33. These rooms are in close proximity to Old Port Royale. Rooms in other parts of the resort require a longer walk or use of the internal bus service to reach Old Port Royale.
Room categories at the Caribbean Beach Resort are Standard View, Water View, King Bed, Preferred Room, Pirate theme room (Standard View) and Pirate Themed Room (Water view).
Published 2013 prices for a standard room at the Caribbean Beach Resort range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There is a $25 premium for a water view room, king bed room, and preferred room over the cost of a standard room. The price for pirate themed rooms is anywhere from $35 - $50 more than a standard room depending on location and season.
Old Port Royale is home to the Caribbean Beach Resort's food court (click here for the menu)which is open from 6am until midnight every day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are five counter service locations here, as well as one full service restaurant, Shutters, that is only open for dinner. The counter service options include the Grab-n-Go which has pre-made sandwiches, baked goods, snacks and drinks. There is also the Royale Pizza and Pasta Shop, Old Port Royale Hamburger Shop, Bridgetown Broiler and Montego's Deli. The layout of this food court is significantly different than at any other Disney resort - resembling a charming caribbean street theme that serves to further immerse you in the overall feel of the resort. An excellent assortment of food is offered, with Montego's Deli being among the best.
Shutters Resaturant has long been plagued by negative reviews for mediocre food and generally considered one of the lesser restaurants on property. However, our most recent experience at Shutters was surprisingly good. There is a new chef, significant changes to the menu, and the food we were served was delicious. The menu has a nice assortment of options for just about any taste - with some dishes inspired by the caribbean theme of the restaurant and the resort, and some dishes for the less adventurous. Prices are reasonable as compared to some other Disney dining locations.
Room Service: Blue Runner Pizza Delivery is available from 4:00pm to 11:30pm.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Old Port Royale uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits . Shutters Restaurant uses one table service credit. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
At 2pm daily there is a Jammin' Pool Party bash at the main pool located outside Old Port Royale. There are also a number of pool-side games and activities including Bingo, What's in your beach bag, Disney trivia and more. There is an Island Dance Party at 3pm and a Caribbean Campfire on Fuentes del Morro Beach at 5pm (all events are weather permitting). At 7pm each night is the 'Movie Under the Stars" - located outside Old Port Royale next to the Bannana Cabana.
Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise is for children ages 4-12. Young pirates sail the Caribbean in search of treasure and adventure. Cruises are available Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 9:30AM to 11:30AM. For current pricing, CLICK HERE.
Goombay Games Arcade is located at Old Port Royale and features a variety of video games suited for most age groups. This arcade is one of the smaller ones on property. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system which allows you to purchase points to play games. Cards are swiped at each individual game. Cards can be recharged with more points and points never expire.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
There are a total of 7 pools at the Caribbean Beach Resort, with the main pool - Fuentes del Morro - located outside Old Port Royale. The main pool features waterfalls, waterslides and water canons as well as a large childrens play area. The childrens area is for children under 48" tall and has a number of water features including squirt hoses and water slides. There is also a kiddie pool located here as well as a whirlpool spa.
Jogging Trail - a jogging trail is located around the lake and is 1.4 miles long.
Volleyball - a volleyball court is located on the beach outside Martinque village. Volleyballs are available free of charge at the marina but you must present a resort ID card.
Guided Fishing Excursions - 'Catch and Release' large mouth bass fishing excursions are available at 7:00am, 10:00am and 1:30pm daily. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-BASS. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Barefoot Bay Boat Yard and Bike Works - Pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats or Sea Raycer (small water sprites) are available for rent here by the half hour. Bicycles and Surrey Bikes are available for rent as well. Open from 11:00am to 5:00pm daily.
Due to the expansive size of this resort an internal shuttle bus is available to get around. The shuttle circles the resort and stops at Old Port Royale (food court, pool area, arcade, shopping) as well as the Custom House (check in). Bus transportation to all Disney theme parks is available at several locations around the resort. There are a total of 8 bus stops which are located outside Old Port Royale, across from Trinidad North (Building 33), in Trinidad South between buildings 36 and 37, in Jamaica across the parking lot from building 44, in Aruba across from building 56, in Barbados across the parking lot from building 13, in Martinique across the parking lot from building 23 and at the Custom House. Due to the size of the resort and the number of bus stops, it is strongly recommended that you allow ample time to get to your destination
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW