Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Free Dining Offer is released for the General Public!
The dates included in the offer are:
August 31 - October 3, 2014
October 26 - November 1, 2014
November 9 - November 20, 2014
December 12 - December 23, 2014
Guests staying in a Disney Value Resort will receive the Quick Service Plan for free. Guests staying in a Moderate Resort, Deluxe Resort or Deluxe Villa Resort will receive the Regular Dining Plan for free.
More information on this discount can be found here.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Address:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2109
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 300 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica. The Custom House is where the main check in desk is located. The resorts 45 acre lake is 1.4 miles around and makes for a great walking/jogging track. In the middle of the lake, connected by bridge, is Caribbean Cay island which has a number of secluded spots to sit and relax, as well as a childrens play area. Old Port Royale serves as the hub of activity at the resort and its where you'll find several dining options, an arcade, and gift shop. The main pool and marina are located in this area as well. There are volleyball courts, boat and bike rentals, and even 'movies under the stars' to keep you enterained on those days when you choose to relax at the resort.
The majority of rooms at the Caribbean Beach resort are themed after the Disney/Pixar film "Finding Nemo". Bright tropical colors with depictions of characters from the film add a fun vibe. Unlike the other moderate resorts at Walt Disney World, the Caribbean Beach resort has two double beds as opposed to two queen beds. The rooms here are also slightly smaller than the others at 300 sq. ft. (versus 314 sq. ft at Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs). Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to external video ports making it easy to connect a video camera or video game system. There is a mini-fridge available in the room as well as an iron and ironing board, and single serve coffee maker. The in-room safe in these rooms is large - large enough to hold a 15" laptop. There are two sink basins outside the shower/commode allowing one person to get ready while another one showers. A curtain divides this section of the room from the sleeping area.
Pirate themed rooms are also available at an additional charge of $35 to $50 per night over the cost of a standard room, depending on season. These rooms borrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and feature headboards fashioned to look like pirate ships, with a wood barrel serving as the nightstand.
Preferred rooms are located closest to Old Port Royale and are located in the Martinique section in buildings 24, 25 and 26. In Trindad North - buildings 31, 32 and 33. These rooms are in close proximity to Old Port Royale. Rooms in other parts of the resort require a longer walk or use of the internal bus service to reach Old Port Royale.
Room categories at the Caribbean Beach Resort are Standard View, Water View, King Bed, Preferred Room, Pirate theme room (Standard View) and Pirate Themed Room (Water view).
Published 2013 prices for a standard room at the Caribbean Beach Resort range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There is a $25 premium for a water view room, king bed room, and preferred room over the cost of a standard room. The price for pirate themed rooms is anywhere from $35 - $50 more than a standard room depending on location and season.
Old Port Royale is home to the Caribbean Beach Resort's food court (click here for the menu)which is open from 6am until midnight every day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are five counter service locations here, as well as one full service restaurant, Shutters, that is only open for dinner. The counter service options include the Grab-n-Go which has pre-made sandwiches, baked goods, snacks and drinks. There is also the Royale Pizza and Pasta Shop, Old Port Royale Hamburger Shop, Bridgetown Broiler and Montego's Deli. The layout of this food court is significantly different than at any other Disney resort - resembling a charming caribbean street theme that serves to further immerse you in the overall feel of the resort. An excellent assortment of food is offered, with Montego's Deli being among the best.
Shutters Resaturant has long been plagued by negative reviews for mediocre food and generally considered one of the lesser restaurants on property. However, our most recent experience at Shutters was surprisingly good. There is a new chef, significant changes to the menu, and the food we were served was delicious. The menu has a nice assortment of options for just about any taste - with some dishes inspired by the caribbean theme of the restaurant and the resort, and some dishes for the less adventurous. Prices are reasonable as compared to some other Disney dining locations.
Room Service: Blue Runner Pizza Delivery is available from 4:00pm to 11:30pm.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Old Port Royale uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits . Shutters Restaurant uses one table service credit. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
At 2pm daily there is a Jammin' Pool Party bash at the main pool located outside Old Port Royale. There are also a number of pool-side games and activities including Bingo, What's in your beach bag, Disney trivia and more. There is an Island Dance Party at 3pm and a Caribbean Campfire on Fuentes del Morro Beach at 5pm (all events are weather permitting). At 7pm each night is the 'Movie Under the Stars" - located outside Old Port Royale next to the Bannana Cabana.
Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise is for children ages 4-12. Young pirates sail the Caribbean in search of treasure and adventure. Cruises are available Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 9:30AM to 11:30AM. For current pricing, CLICK HERE.
Goombay Games Arcade is located at Old Port Royale and features a variety of video games suited for most age groups. This arcade is one of the smaller ones on property. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system which allows you to purchase points to play games. Cards are swiped at each individual game. Cards can be recharged with more points and points never expire.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
There are a total of 7 pools at the Caribbean Beach Resort, with the main pool - Fuentes del Morro - located outside Old Port Royale. The main pool features waterfalls, waterslides and water canons as well as a large childrens play area. The childrens area is for children under 48" tall and has a number of water features including squirt hoses and water slides. There is also a kiddie pool located here as well as a whirlpool spa.
Jogging Trail - a jogging trail is located around the lake and is 1.4 miles long.
Volleyball - a volleyball court is located on the beach outside Martinque village. Volleyballs are available free of charge at the marina but you must present a resort ID card.
Guided Fishing Excursions - 'Catch and Release' large mouth bass fishing excursions are available at 7:00am, 10:00am and 1:30pm daily. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-BASS. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Barefoot Bay Boat Yard and Bike Works - Pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats or Sea Raycer (small water sprites) are available for rent here by the half hour. Bicycles and Surrey Bikes are available for rent as well. Open from 11:00am to 5:00pm daily.
Due to the expansive size of this resort an internal shuttle bus is available to get around. The shuttle circles the resort and stops at Old Port Royale (food court, pool area, arcade, shopping) as well as the Custom House (check in). Bus transportation to all Disney theme parks is available at several locations around the resort. There are a total of 8 bus stops which are located outside Old Port Royale, across from Trinidad North (Building 33), in Trinidad South between buildings 36 and 37, in Jamaica across the parking lot from building 44, in Aruba across from building 56, in Barbados across the parking lot from building 13, in Martinique across the parking lot from building 23 and at the Custom House. Due to the size of the resort and the number of bus stops, it is strongly recommended that you allow ample time to get to your destination
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00 PM
10:00 - 5:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW