Christmas at the Disneyland Resort
November 12, 2013 - January 6, 2014
Celebrate the Holidays at the
- Disneyland Park
- Disney California Adventure
- Resorts Hotels and Downtown Disney
- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
- Candlelight Processional
This park icon is covered in freshly fallen 'snow.' The sparkling towers and turrets are a great backdrop for photos during the day and at night, the Disney magic begins.
Twilight brings the start of 'When you Wish'. You'll hear the wind blowing and hear a little child wishing for snow. The mother responds with 'in order for your wishes to come true, you must believe.' With that, snow flurries fill the air and the castle begins to glisten.
Later in the evening is the "Believe...in Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular." As the child again wishes for snow, magic and icicles, the snow falls again and Sleeping Beauty Castle becomes more illuminated. The grand finale follows the "When you Believe" fireworks. As 'White Christmas' is performed, icicles appear on the castle as snow falls on Main Street, New Orlean's Square, small world mall and the snow on the castle becomes a jewel like display.
Other favorite traditions are back at Disneyland Park. There's the 60 foot Christmas Tree located in Town Square and the streets are trimmed with garland and wreaths with special events throughout the parks. Children will love decorating cookies on Main Street and New Orleans Square . The cast of Characters are ready for Christmas and are sure to bring holiday cheer.
Believe….In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular
Click Here for Photos
During the Holidays, Disneyland’s spectacular Holiday Fireworks show ends with a White Christmas as snow start to fall on Main Street U.S.A, New Orleans Square and it’s a small world.
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Holiday Clock Show
Tthe facade of "it's a small world" lights up with projections. Using advanced 3D projection technology, the entire attraction is transformed into an enormous clockwork mechanism. Every quarter hour, the gears and springs pull back to reveal a world of holiday wonders hidden behind the clock, from an incredible toy factory to a gingerbread house that builds itself.
Decorated with 300,000 dazzling lights especially for the holidays, this popular Disneyland attraction transforms into an international celebration of Christmas. Join in as ‘Jingle Bells’ is performed in many languages.
In this new seasonal storyline of the Jungle Cruise, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.
‘A Christmas Fantasy Parade’
Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
This Disneyland holiday tradition takes place on Main Street U.S.A. and features a full Orchestra, Christmas Tree Chorus performing renditions of traditional Christmas songs and a retelling of the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator.
The Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
Guests are treated to an exclusive tour of Disneyland Park all decked out for the "Merriest Christmas on Earth". Tour includes exclusive collectable items, priority boarding on special holiday themed attractions and VIP seating for Disney's "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.
Click Here for Photos
The "Jingle Jangle Jamboree" is located in the Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for Christmas ‘Western Style’. Characters, crafts, and games, plus music by Billy Hill and the Holiday Hillbillies make this a Disneyland Holiday must see for the children in your family. Make sure your little ones have that list ready for Santa!
Celebrate Christmas, California style at Disney California Adventure from mid-November through early January. Guests will be treated to a splash of California Christmas including the return of oversized decorations in "a bug's land".
Vintage-style ornaments and the Community Bell Ringers will be featured on Buena Vista Street. A large christmas tree will be placed in the plaza near Carthay Circle.
In Cars Land, the residents are decorating as only the "Cars" characters could.
World of Color - Winter Dreams will feature all your favorite Disney classics celebrating the magic of Winter and will be hosted by Olaf, the snowman from the upcoming animated feature, "Frozen".
Guests will follow Olaf through dreamlike segments that
-Snow - a breathtaking ride through winter
-Glow - a festive exploration of light
-Enchantment - a Toy Story version of The Nutcracker
-Spirit - a joyous sing-a-long
-Merry & Bright - a fantasmic finale that features holiday light
The opening segment features an original song performed by a 150 member virtual choir, brought together through technology.
The Paradise Gardens area of the park will come to life with festive music, vibrant colors, jubilant dancing, character appearances, delicious food and fun activities for the whole family.
Several times each day, a high-energy street party will take over Paradise Gardens led by the Three Caballeros, along with musicians, dancers, 12-foot-tall majiganga puppets, plus Mickey, Minnie and Santa & Mrs. Claus.
Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party: Holiday Edition
Phineas and Ferb's holiday dance party returns this year to the area between The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Paradise Park..
Mad T Party
The Mad T Party will rock the night with wintertime fun in Hollywood Land with special edition tokens at the Mad Arcade, holiday hits from the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, and a bit of snowfall to round out the party.
Elias & Co.
The department store is going all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus.
All three Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Downtown Disney District will spruce up for the holidays including visits from Santa, strolling carolers and live entertainment. Downtown Disney is the perfect place to all of your shopping needs.
The Downtown Disney area between the AMC 12 Theatres and the ESPN Zone has turned into Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink, inspired by "Frozen". Surrounding the rink is a holiday village, with themed chalets where guest can purchase seasonal gifts, plus a 30-foot tall Christmas tree.
Skates are available for rent, and helmets are provided and required for safety. Operating hours are 3:00pm-10:30pm Monday through Thursday and 3:00pm-11:30pm Friday through Sunday.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.