Christmas at the Disneyland Resort
November 13, 2014 - January 6, 2015
Celebrate the Holidays at the
- Disneyland Park
- Disney California Adventure
- Resorts Hotels and Downtown Disney
- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
- Candlelight Processional
This park icon is covered in freshly fallen 'snow.' The sparkling towers and turrets are a great backdrop for photos during the day and at night, the Disney magic begins.
Twilight brings the start of 'When you Wish'. You'll hear the wind blowing and hear a little child wishing for snow. The mother responds with 'in order for your wishes to come true, you must believe.' With that, snow flurries fill the air and the castle begins to glisten.
Later in the evening is the "Believe...in Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular." As the child again wishes for snow, magic and icicles, the snow falls again and Sleeping Beauty Castle becomes more illuminated. The grand finale follows the "When you Believe" fireworks. As 'White Christmas' is performed, icicles appear on the castle as snow falls on Main Street, New Orlean's Square, small world mall and the snow on the castle becomes a jewel like display.
Other favorite traditions are back at Disneyland Park. There's the 60 foot Christmas Tree located in Town Square and the streets are trimmed with garland and wreaths with special events throughout the parks. Children will love decorating cookies on Main Street and New Orleans Square . The cast of Characters are ready for Christmas and are sure to bring holiday cheer.
Believe….In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular
Click Here for Photos
During the Holidays, Disneyland’s spectacular Holiday Fireworks show ends with a White Christmas as snow start to fall on Main Street U.S.A, New Orleans Square and it’s a small world.
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Holiday Clock Show
Tthe facade of "it's a small world" lights up with projections. Using advanced 3D projection technology, the entire attraction is transformed into an enormous clockwork mechanism. Every quarter hour, the gears and springs pull back to reveal a world of holiday wonders hidden behind the clock, from an incredible toy factory to a gingerbread house that builds itself.
Decorated with 300,000 dazzling lights especially for the holidays, this popular Disneyland attraction transforms into an international celebration of Christmas. Join in as ‘Jingle Bells’ is performed in many languages.
Disneyland has not announced if Jingle Cruise will be back for the 2014 holiday season.
In this new seasonal storyline of the Jungle Cruise, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.
‘A Christmas Fantasy Parade’
Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
This Disneyland holiday tradition takes place on Main Street U.S.A. and features a full Orchestra, Christmas Tree Chorus performing renditions of traditional Christmas songs and a retelling of the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator.
The Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
Guests are treated to an exclusive tour of Disneyland Park all decked out for the "Merriest Christmas on Earth". Tour includes exclusive collectable items, priority boarding on special holiday themed attractions and VIP seating for Disney's "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.
Click Here for Photos
The "Jingle Jangle Jamboree" is located in the Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for Christmas ‘Western Style’. Characters, crafts, and games, and music make this a Disneyland Holiday must see for the children in your family. Make sure your little ones have that list ready for Santa!
Celebrate Christmas, California style at Disney California Adventure from mid-November through early January. Guests will be treated to a splash of California Christmas including the return of oversized decorations in "a bug's land".
Vintage-style ornaments and the Community Bell Ringers will be featured on Buena Vista Street. A large christmas tree will be placed in the plaza near Carthay Circle.
In Cars Land, the residents are decorating as only the "Cars" characters could.
World of Color - Winter Dreams will feature all your favorite Disney classics celebrating the magic of Winter and will be hosted by Olaf, the snowman from the upcoming animated feature, "Frozen".
Guests will follow Olaf through dreamlike segments that
-Snow - a breathtaking ride through winter
-Glow - a festive exploration of light
-Enchantment - a Toy Story version of The Nutcracker
-Spirit - a joyous sing-a-long
-Merry & Bright - a fantasmic finale that features holiday light
The opening segment features an original song performed by a 150 member virtual choir, brought together through technology.
The Paradise Gardens area of the park will come to life with festive music, vibrant colors, jubilant dancing, character appearances, delicious food and fun activities for the whole family.
Several times each day, a high-energy street party will take over Paradise Gardens led by the Three Caballeros, along with musicians, dancers, 12-foot-tall majiganga puppets, plus Mickey, Minnie and Santa & Mrs. Claus.
Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party: Holiday Edition
Phineas and Ferb's holiday dance party returns this year to the area between The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Paradise Park..
Mad T Party
The Mad T Party will rock the night with wintertime fun in Hollywood Land with special edition tokens at the Mad Arcade, holiday hits from the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, and a bit of snowfall to round out the party.
Elias & Co.
The department store is going all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus.
All three Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Downtown Disney District will spruce up for the holidays including visits from Santa, strolling carolers and live entertainment. Downtown Disney is the perfect place to all of your shopping needs.
The Downtown Disney area between the AMC 12 Theatres and the ESPN Zone has turned into Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink, inspired by "Frozen". Surrounding the rink is a holiday village, with themed chalets where guest can purchase seasonal gifts, plus a 30-foot tall Christmas tree.
Skates are available for rent, and helmets are provided and required for safety. Operating hours are 3:00pm-10:30pm Monday through Thursday and 3:00pm-11:30pm Friday through Sunday.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- Big Hero 6 meet coming to Disneyland Park - Beginning after the movie opens in November, meet Hiro and Baymax from Disney's newest animated feature, "Big Hero 6", inside the Starcade in Tomorrowland.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel – La Quinta Inn & Suites
- VIDEO: Halloween Treats At Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks with a Disney Chef about Halloween treats you can find this year at the Disneyland Resort.
- Top 5 tips to make your trip through the airport go smoother - You read those stories all the time about people complaining about their travel experiences. I would like to share some tips to help make your next trip to Walt Disney World a pleasant experience.
- VIDEO: Halloween and the Cadaver Dans at Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks about Disneyland Resort's celebration of Halloween. Plus the Cadaver Dans perform in front of the Haunted Mansion.
- Anna & Elsa's Boutique now open at the Disneyland Resort - Anna & Elsa's Boutique has replaced Studio Disney 365 in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Book Review: Walt Disney: Drawn from Imagination
- Get 4th night free or save 30% at Aulani, plus get free breakfast - Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is completely sold out! - Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park is now completely sold out for all remaining dates.
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- Which Disneyland Resort character meal is right for you? - The Disneyland Resort offers several character meals, so how do you decide which one is best for you and your family?
- Thanksgiving options at the Disneyland Resort - The Disneyland Resort offers several options for Thanksgiving, including a feast in the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel.
- Blog - Before and After - Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland
- Blog - How did you become a Disney fan?
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland Pre and Post-2014 Refurb Picture in Picture POV - The attraction was recently opened after a rehab. Watch both the old and the new attraction together with this Picture in Picture video.
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland POV at Disneyland - The ride has re-opened with brand new video effects, a lot of new paint, added characters throughout the attraction and the removal of safety rails from the exterior portion of the attraction.
- 2015 dates released for Disneyland's Grad Nite - Dates and pricing has been released for Grad Nite 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Mickey's Halloween Party perks for Disneyland Passholders - Disneyland Annual Passholders who are attending Mickey's Halloween Party can stop by the Opera House for screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics plus a tasty treat.
- Tips for using FastPass at Disneyland - With all the talk of Magic Bands and FastPass+ lately, I thought it might be good to remind folks that the Disneyland Resort is still using the "classic" paper FastPass system and maybe pass on a few tips.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Health Department closes Knott's Berry Farm restaurant
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant closed briefly due to cockroach infestation.
- Guests stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes
Cast members evacuated the passengers by rotating the wheel manually.
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle has received a new drawbridge and railings.
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.