Annual Festival of the Masters
Cancelled for 2014 due to construction at Downtown Disney
10:00 am - 5:30 pm (event ends at 5:00 on Sunday)
The Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels is centered at Downtown Disney Westside, and features the works of some of today's top artists. Artwork mediums such as photography, glass work, paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, jewelry, leather & wood, mixed media and collage, and Digital art are displayed. At the Marketplace, amazing chalk artists from the The Central Florida Chalk Artists Association create masterpieces on 1,000 square feet of sidewalks.
The Event artwork features one of a kind paintings for purchase ranging in price from $195 to $6000. Festival of the Masters merchandise includes T-shirts, mugs, hats, bags, a watch, poster and limited edition pen set.
In addition to art, several restaurants at Downtown Disney offer special food for purchase.
This year's Festival of the Masters features charity art which will benefit the Red Chair Project.
If you're in town, it's well worth a visit and best of all, it's "free." (There's a word you don't often associate with Disney.)
2013 Activities include:
- New for 2013! Mixers and Masters - Specialty cocktails will be offered at several dining locations, plus "The Art of Mixology" cocktail demonstrations will take place three times daily at the Waterside Stage. Cocktails will include: Caveman Painters Punch from T-Rex Cafe, Picasso Punch from Paradiso 37, the Pinkberry Martini from Wolfgang Puck Cafe, a Blue Nile from Rainforest Cafe, sangria at Fulton's Crab House, a Strega-rita at Portobello, Huckleberry Lemonade at Splitsville, and a pineapple mojito at Bongos Cuban Cafe.
- Over 130 award-winning artists and their merchandise on display.
- Emerging Masters area - 30 newcomers will display their talents.
- House of Blues Folk Art Festival - 30 folk artists present their grassroots and funk art
- Disney Artist's Village - Feature artists showcase a variety of art styles featuring Disney characters.
- The Waterside Stage: Disney artists create pieces right before your eyes.
- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant - live shows and an exclusive performance by Cirque du Soleil
- Artist appearances at Hoypoloi and Pop Gallery
- Purchase a one-of-a-kind, hand-painted pair of TOMS shoes at Curl by Sammy Duvall
- More than 100 chalk artists from The Central Florida Chalk Artists Association will create masterpieces on over 1,000 square feet of sidewalks.
- Festival merchandise - original signature art, petite prints, limited-edition pins and giclée
- Special Children's Activities
- Stop by Little MissMatched for a variety of children's activities.
- Kids can build LEGO masterpieces with a LEGO master builder and help work on a LEGO interactive mural.
- Other art related activities for families will be held throughout Downtown Disney - check the schedule.
Interactive Activities With Michaels
The Michaels Design Team offers interactive arts and crafts experiences for the whole family. Activities include:
- Make It Take It - Sun Visor Craft
- Michaels Master Mural - Join the crew from Michaels and work together to finish a larger-than-life masterpiece piece by piece.
- Draw a Disney Masterpiece: Choose from a variety of coloring tools and create personalized art.
- Make It Take It - Mickey Ear Wood Frames - Design a Mickey Ear Wood Frame that you can take home with you!
All times and events subject to change without notice.
There is no charge to attend any of the above.
Downtown Disney Information
Marketplace | West Side | Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil