Kodak no longer sponsor at Epcot pavilionby Leah Zanolla
Sep 10, 2010
As previously reported on our blog, Kodak has officially pulled its sponsorship from the Imagination! pavilion in Walt Disney World's Epcot. This pavilion is home to the attraction "Journey Into Imagination with Figment" and the "ImageWorks" interactive play area. No reasons from either company were provided as to the reason for this change. Kodak has also stepped down from its role as sponsor of the theater that is currently housing "Captain EO" in Tomorrowland at Disneyland.
Disney says the only noticeable changes to guests will be the removal of Kodak signs from these areas. Behind the scenes, several employees in the pavilion were contracted through Kodak and they will be given the chance to apply for other Walt Disney World jobs.
The film and camera company has been partnered with the Disney company since Disneyland opened in 1955 and this partnership is still in place. Kodak will remain the sponsor of "Mickey's PhilharMagic" in the Magic Kingdom and continue selling Kodak products in the parks. The popular "Kodak Picture Spots" will also remain in place throughout both resorts.
Spokesmen for both Disney and Kodak have released statements regarding the changes. "Our alliance partnerships are ever-changing, and this adjustment reflects the dynamic nature of the sponsorship business," Disney World spokesman Zoraya Suarez said.
"We continue to have a positive, productive relationship with Disney, and we are discussing possible future collaborations," Kodak spokesman David Lanzillo said.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS