Disneyland creates new policy to prevent renting ticketsby Leah Zanolla
Nov 11, 2012
Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are now requiring guests using four and five day park tickets to show their IDs. The change in policy is due to a recent onslaught of off-property ticket brokers renting multi-day passes for a discount.
The tickets are meant to be "nontransferable" for all included days, but the tickets and ID weren't always checked as people were using them. According to Suzi Brown, Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, "The rule is in response to recent publicity about the issue, as well as more-common, aggressive tactics by the outside businesses. For example, some employees hold signs advertising the discount tickets on streets near the theme parks."
As a way to combat these unauthorized sellers, passes at the Disneyland Resort are now printed with guests' names on them. There are reserved turnstiles for guests using the multi-day tickets. At Walt Disney World, park guests must scan their fingerprints when presenting a multi-day ticket.
Some of the ticket brokers are reacting to the new policy; two have shut down already, but another one posted on their Twitter account that they will still be selling tickets, despite the changes.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS