Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory to open at Disney California Adventureby Leah Zanolla
Dec 1, 2011
It's official - Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory is coming to Disney California Adventure. After the Mission Tortilla Factory closed in May, rumors swirled about the possibility of the chocolate shop coming to the Pacific Wharf area. Ghirardelli currently operates a retail store at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney, offering soda fountain products as well as their wrapped chocolates. The brand is well known for the chocolate samples that are passed out to customers when they enter the store. Mary Niven, vice president of California Adventure said, "The addition of a world-renowned brand like Ghirardelli highlights our focus on providing quality, immersive experiences that transport our guests to a different place - in this case to San Francisco."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.