Woman arrested for selling fake Disneyland tickets on Craigslistby Leah Zanolla
Mar 10, 2013
A woman has been charged with selling fake Disneyland tickets on Craigslist. Alisa Yenokyan, 22, of Hollywood, was arrested this week and charged with seven counts of forgery and one count of grand theft, all felonies. She has been advertising the tickets on Craigslist for a price of $50; Disneyland one-day tickets are $87. Six families purchased the tickets at her Glendale apartment, where she showed them a fake ID card stating she was authorized to sell the tickets. The families' tickets didnâ€™t work when they got to Disneyland, so they attempted to get their money back from Yenokyan, who was unable to be reached.
Detectives contacted her through her Craigslist ads and arranged to meet her to buy four tickets. She was arrested at the meeting location. Glendale detective Jonathan Owen said Yenokyan had been selling the fake tickets for several years.
Yenokyan has pleaded not guilty.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Neil Patrick Harris to co-host World of Color: Celebrate! - Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will host the new World of Color: Celebrate! when it opens May 22nd.
- Disneyland Resort ticket prices increase - Disneyland ticket prices have increased as expected, but the elimination of most parking ad-ons was a surprise.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS