Disney's Animal Kingdom - Festival of the Lion King
|Animal Kingdom Attractions||Discovery Island|
|Africa||Rafiki's Planet Watch|
Animal Kingdom Camp Minnie-Mickey
Festival of the Lion King
This show will move to an all-new theater in 2014 in the Africa section of the park. A new walkway will be built from Tusker House towards the new theater. This will make room for the Avatarland project to begin in the Festival of the Lion King's current location.
The most popular live show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is found at the Campside Circle. The “Festival of the Lion King” is a virtual explosion of colors, music and amazing talent. You will be treated to 30 minutes of a variety of some of Disney’s best entertainment in this celebration. You’ll hear some of “The Lion King’s” most popular music performed by magnificent singers. Zany trampoline acrobatics are supplied by the Tumble Monkeys. A blaze of color, feathers, beads, fringe and beautiful head-dresses are found in the costumes of the singer and dancers. Talented stilt walkers dance to the pounding beat with apparent ease. Audio-animatronic and live costumed characters are introduced on enormous moving stages. The spectacular finale includes a heart-stirring rendition of the “Circle of Life."
You will find line-ups to get into this popular show for
most of the day .Outside
lines are in unshaded areas with little ventilation.
The enclosed air-conditioned ampitheatre seats 1450 guests in four sections of metal benches that surround the stage.
Handicapped Accessibility: The theatre is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening devices are available for hearing impaired guests, check at Guest Services for details. They also offer handheld captioning devices.
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom